Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Completing a SD form for Sewrage works

• 13-04-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    My Engineer is looking for a SD, SI, and SC ancillary forms for works carried out on my new waste treatment system in my new build house.
    I got the percolation test done by a certified person, but I put in the pipes etc. myself. I'm waiting on a concrete tank to be installed now
    Can I fill out the forms as an 'unregistered consultant' as it states on the form?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Have you opted in to statutory certification with your engineer as the assigned certifier?

To be honest it sounds like the engineer thinks something is not 100% and is looking to remove himself from liability for same and fire a warning shot over your bow at the same time.

I might have picked this up wrongly but that's the vibe I get "between the lines"

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gaughrane

yea unfortunatly I've opted for him to be the assigned certifier. Could our architect fill out the forms do you think? Or the guy who did the percolation test?
    To be honest, I've met the Engineer twice, he said he needs these forms to sign off on the whole build. He has everything else to date.
    Would it be normal to look for certification of sewrage works?
    Sorry for all the questions!!

Someone had to design them and that person should have professional indemnity insurance and be happy to sign the "design" forms.

The problem is you installed it yourself so you have to put your neck on the line and sign the relevant form to say you installed it as per the design provided by the person who designed the system.

It doesn't matter who the Assigned Certifier is - any AC should look for similar documentation.

P.S. Who designed and specified the effluent treatment system - was it the person who did the percolation test. Did they just fill in the EPA report before planning or did you get them to design, detail and specify the system to a construction standard before you went about installing it?

The person who did the percolation test designed and specified the effluent treatment system. He didn't design, detail and specify the system to a construction standard before I installed it though.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

gaughrane wrote: »
    The person who did the percolation test designed and specified the effluent treatment system. He didn't design, detail and specify the system to a construction standard before I installed it though.

what was the difference between what they specified and the "construction standard" that was needed for installation?

surely theres is a condition of planing requiring certification of the installed system by "an appropriately qualified person" ??

• Advertisement

The reason I asked about specifying it to construction standard is that if you haven't seen him since before the planning there is no way he's going to take responsibility for signing a design cert for your system!

I don't suppose I blame him! He drew me out a sketch of what to do but he wasn't there whn it was being done. My father is a builder (not certified) and he helped me with the works.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

gaughrane wrote: »
    I don't suppose I blame him! He drew me out a sketch of what to do but he wasn't there whn it was being done. My father is a builder (not certified) and he helped me with the works.

did you engage him to be on site to certify the installation?

Advertisement