Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A.I. advancements and it's potential impact on space exporation

Options
  • 13-04-2017 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

Read this article a couple of days ago and thought I would share it here. While not about space exploration per se, it goes into great detail about the imminent explosion of A.I. Super Intelligence and how everything will change for us all once it happens. It could open the gates to a intergalactic travel and more. It's a great read:

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Computers aren't getting faster as fast as they used to.

There's not really much to write home about between the last seven generations of Intel 'i' processors compared to the huge jumps in the preceding ones. GHz flattened out a long time ago and while chips are getting smarter they aren't doing it quickly.

Also beware of Berserker Probes designed to wipe out competing cultures.

Advertisement