Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

9 games between Boston and Washington this year all going to the home team. Washington have definitely been better on the road than Boston and had their chances in G's 1 and 2, but it looks good for Boston now. I was worried about last night before the game and though I haven't watched it yet the reports make it out to have been relatively comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

9 games between Boston and Washington this year all going to the home team. Washington have definitely been better on the road than Boston and had their chances in G's 1 and 2, but it looks good for Boston now. I was worried about last night before the game and though I haven't watched it yet the reports make it out to have been relatively comfortable.

I think Boston will get through but Washington are the more talented team (or at least starting 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wow! Beatdown in game six by the Spurs. Pop had them dialled in despite Kahwi being out. Great game plan, and they were awesome defensively. Harden finished with 10 points when it mattered most.

I think they get eviscerated by the Warriors, but to make it back to the Conference Finals again no mean feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I think they get eviscerated by the Warriors, but to make it back to the Conference Finals again no mean feat.

Really?? I think we're about to witness one of the all-time great playoff series... roll on Sunday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Real talk, if Kawhi & the Spurs can defeat the GSW and the Cavs, I'm calling him the GOAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Im glad the Spurs got through because I do think they have a chance of beating Golden State (small though it may be) while I could have seen the Rockets swept to be honest.

On the other hand I hope the Spurs win last night dosnt reinforce the notion swirling around lately that Kawhi isnt one of the NBAs 5 best players. Pop is a genius if ever that was in doubt, and fair dues to Aldridge he did his job at last.

John Wall.

Oh Boston. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

John MotherFking Wall baby.

What a finish

• Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Really hoping the Celtics win game 7 now. The Cavs match up much better against them.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Really hoping the Celtics win game 7 now. The Cavs match up much better against them.

I'm a C's fan, but I do think the Washington first 5 would give the Cavs a harder time than Boston's.

I don't see Boston beating the cavs in a race to 4. I think the most they win is 2 games, maybe take the 3 home games but I can't see them winning a 7 game series v a Cavs team with LeBron barring injuries.

• Advertisement

THIS IS A JOKE AND MEANT AS SUCH, OK? To bring some levity to the thread, I thought there's a few of you who would like this. I'm only surprised this hasn't been posted here previously:

It's always very funny when he's on so for those of you who missed it Michael Rappaport was on the Bill Simmons Podcast again recently. Listened to it walking the dogs tonight.

I'm a complete noob to basketball. Can someone explain what "fouls to give" means?

(Fyi Wizards fan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

gimmick wrote: »
    I'm a complete noob to basketball. Can someone explain what "fouls to give" means?

(Fyi Wizards fan)

It means that the defending team without the ball can foul an opposing player without giving away free throws as long as it is not a shooting foul. They could potentially stop an attacking teams offence and make them take the ball out of bounds and restart the play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The mothers days stuff they do on these broadcasts is some load of ****e.

Great start from the Spurs, very slow start from the Warriors. Spurs Defence seems to be carrying over from the Rockets game so far!

Very impressive so far from the Spurs.

Someone said it here last year or maybe even the year before but Pop should be coach of the year every year. He's that far ahead of everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The mothers days stuff they do on these broadcasts is some load of ****e.

$$$$$$$$

I hope someone gives Mark Jackson another coaching gig so we don't have to listen to him on TV anymore.

• Advertisement

Its hard to see GSW winning this one but then again they are one of a few teams that can. Spurs have done an incredible job of limiting the looks their best shooters from 3 though, did Thompson even have a shot from outside in the 1st half?

Very impressive so far from the Spurs.

Someone said it here last year or maybe even the year before but Pop should be coach of the year every year. He's that far ahead of everyone else.

If the Spurs win this series, he will go down as the best coach in basketball history. Won't even be close.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    If the Spurs win this series, he will go down as the best coach in basketball history. Won't even be close.

To be honest I dont think it matters what Pop does in this series or any after for that matter he has to go down as the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Different game now!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

qwabercd wrote:
    Different game now!

Some turnaround alright, no coincidence that Leonard was forced off.

rushfan wrote: »
    Some turnaround alright, no coincidence that Leonard was forced off.

Also a scumbag move by Zaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Aldridge has turned into a pumpkin again.

Ugh..

Warriors are some team but the whole thing just rings hollow since Durant joined imo.

Great game in fairness. I was looking forward to that all weekend and it didnt disappoint. If Kawhi is out the Spurs chance goes from small to zero.

• Advertisement

SPURSY :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement