Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Well the spurs pissed that one away nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Well the spurs pissed that one away nicely

Look at who they didn't have on the court. This was expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Also a scumbag move by Zaza.

Fúck Zaza!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

rushfan wrote: »
    Some turnaround alright, no coincidence that Leonard was forced off.

Also a scumbag move by Zaza.

That to me is a pretty ridiculous comment, you were probably listening to Jeff van gundy
    It was an unfortunate play for sure but I don't think you can say it was on purpose or "scumbag"
    It was an intense game which was set my the Spurs from the very start of the game and they made the warriors look soft, curry, Thompson, zazza were all knocked over in the first 20 mins.
    Zazza was just trying to play tough tight d
    If Leonard says it wasn't dirty then what else do we have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

That to me is a pretty ridiculous comment, you were probably listening to Jeff van gundy It was an unfortunate play for sure but I don't think you can say it was on purpose or "scumbag" It was an intense game which was set my the Spurs from the very start of the game and they made the warriors look soft, curry, Thompson, zazza were all knocked over in the first 20 mins. Zazza was just trying to play tough tight d If Leonard says it wasn't dirty then what else do we have to say

Just to be clear, that wasn't my comment.

• Advertisement

That to me is a pretty ridiculous comment, you were probably listening to Jeff van gundy
    It was an unfortunate play for sure but I don't think you can say it was on purpose or "scumbag"
    It was an intense game which was set my the Spurs from the very start of the game and they made the warriors look soft, curry, Thompson, zazza were all knocked over in the first 20 mins.

I wasn't listening to Jeff. I had the sound down.

Kawhi had already rolled his ankle and a few plays later has a player who is known to make dirty plays in the past slides under his jumpshot? Come on now.

Leonard is a class act and most likely doesn't want to start any beef. Zaza knew what he was doing.

I wasn't listening to Jeff. I had the sound down.

Kawhi had already rolled his ankle and a few plays later has a player who is known to make dirty plays in the past slides under his jumpshot? Come on now.

Leonard is a class act and most likely doesn't want to start any beef. Zaza knew what he was doing.

We will have to agree to disagree on this I think.
    I wouldn't presume to know anyone's intentions especially if the evidence doesn't support the theory

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

But he's also right.

But he's also right.

LMAO, Pop is arguably the best coach ever and he also the best at working the media.
    Forget that your team blew another 20 + point lead against the Warriors, hey it's all Zazzas fault, let's even make an anology with manslaughter 😂
    He wasn't so vocal when players like Bowen on the Spurs did this, nah that was all good, sure the Spurs have never engaged in anything dirty, ask steve Nash....
    It happens to Curry all the time and nothing is said.
    It's really unfortunate it happened and I would love for Leonard to play, Iam going to the game tomorrow night so it sucks he wont be playing but **** happens
    Zazza is no angel but on the list of NBAs dirtiest players I don't think he would be high on that list.

• Advertisement

LMAO, Pop is arguably the best coach ever and he also the best at working the media.
    Forget that your team blew another 20 + point lead against the Warriors, hey it's all Zazzas fault, let's even make an anology with manslaughter 😂
    He wasn't so vocal when players like Bowen on the Spurs did this, nah that was all good, sure the Spurs have never engaged in anything dirty, ask steve Nash....
    It's really unfortunate it happened and I would love for Leonard to play, Iam going to the game tomorrow night so it sucks he wont be playing but **** happens
    Zazza is no angel but on the list of NBAs dirtiest players I don't think he would be high on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Olynyk on absolute fire here. Celtics looking good to get the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Game 7, down 7 points with 1 minute left on the clock and nobody thinks it might be time to start fouling???

Found that weird.
    Morris didn't know how to guard Olynyk, really stepped up tonight.

Yea, you could do a little biased YouTube montage on every player to try and prove a point.
    This is excellent by Pop, he has gotten everyone talking about it, Zazza will be a marked man now by the refs, he has distracted everyone from their collapse and they are concentrating on this.
    It's funny that the person it happened to isn't crying wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm sure you trenchantly defended Green last year when he was kicking opponents in the nads. Kawhi is right to keep quiet, let his coach talk for him - and his coach made his team's feelings on the deliberate foul clear.

Whataboutery doesn't excuse what Zaza did.

Pop is naturally gonna be pissed, and I agree to an extent that all coaches use some kind of injustice against them in the media to try and change how games are officiated etc.

Nobody is saying Zaza is the dirtiest player in the league. But he did intentionally leave his foot under Kawhi's J.

It's like in football when a player makes a two footed tackle and people defend him by saying "he's not that kind of player". Well he did it, so he is that kind of player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Got my tickets for Game 2 in Boston on Friday night. Not sure if I'm more excited to cheer on the Celtics or boo Lebron, either way it should be a good night*

*unless we get blown out

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm sure you trenchantly defended Green last year when he was kicking opponents in the nads. Kawhi is right to keep quiet, let his coach talk for him - and his coach made his team's feelings on the deliberate foul clear.

Nope, 100% did not, it was downright dumb and his behavior cost us the championship in my opinion, that and not being able to stop Lebron.
    I think Iam a fairly logical sports fan

Looking forward to the game tonight, got pretty good seats too, I think the Warriors could win big tonight but I never discount Pop, it really sucks Leonard won't be playing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I had a bit of hope for the Spurs before game 1 but thats all but gone now. I can see Steph and KD sitting out the 4th tonight to be honest.

Anybody think Boston can take out the Cavs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Gregk961 wrote: »
    I had a bit of hope for the Spurs before game 1 but thats all but gone now. I can see Steph and KD sitting out the 4th tonight to be honest.

Nope be lucky to take one game I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Gregk961 wrote:

I'd say they're best chance is game 1, allowing for possible rustiness on the Cavs behalf.

Celtics are surely the biggest underdog 1 seed in NBA history.

What time is the lottery tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Celtics get #1

Warriors blow out the Spurs as most predicted, even though the Spurs are seriously under strength, it was a very good performance by the Dubs. Can't see the Spurs winning more than 1 game, if even that at this stage.
    Looking around at all the young kids at the game, I really don't think they realize how special this team is and Curry will go down as the greatest shooter ever, privilege to watch him.

Would love to see Celtics give the Cavs a run but I can't see it happening. Would be shocked if it went deep.
    Celtics getting #1 is pretty crazy, they have so many options available to them now with the pick, potential trades etc

Barring a superhuman effort from the King in the finals this is going to go down as one of the least entertaining NBA Playoffs in history. :(

Would love to see Celtics give the Cavs a run but I can't see it happening. Would be shocked if it went deep.
    Celtics getting #1 is pretty crazy, they have so many options available to them now with the pick, potential trades etc

Verge number one pick is bigger than anything done in the playoffs tbh. They likley have the chance to bring in both Hayward and Paul George now or keep the pick and take another Washington guard to pair with Avery and isiah iv not watched enough of fultz yet and by all accountants the tape is not great due to the team around him but what an amazing locker room for a rookie to walk into

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

nerd69 wrote: »
    Verge number one pick is bigger than anything done in the playoffs tbh. They likley have the chance to bring in both Hayward and Paul George now or keep the pick and take another Washington guard to pair with Avery and isiah iv not watched enough of fultz yet and by all accountants the tape is not great due to the team around him but what an amazing locker room for a rookie to walk into

Personally I think they should strike now and get George and whoever else they can. They are probably one good player away from being best in the east and the big 4 in Golden State surely wont last more than 2 years.

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Personally I think they should strike now and get George and whoever else they can. They are probably one good player away from being best in the east and the big 4 in Golden State surely wont last more than 2 years.

The Lebron scares everyone though

• Advertisement

Strong performance from the King and the Cavs in game one

https://twitter.com/CLEsportsTalk/status/864954540298252292

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement