Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

It's clear what the Cavs need to do tonight. Everyone to a man has to play better. They need to be more aggressive on the offensive boards, cut down of turnovers and put greater pressure defensively of Durrant and Curry. I believe Cleveland will be better tonight, They will have learned allot from game one. Now it's time to put that into effect

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Cleveland going to the hole on almost every posession. Good tactic I guess, knowing LeBron will likely get a bucket or a foul most times - put someone in foul trouble early and take advantage of the sub if you can.

That's a flagrant on LeBron btw, that wasn't called.

All GSW starters (bar Klay) on at least 1 foul. Plus McGee. LeBron (rightly) looking contact on every play.

Curry has already shot 10 FTs in this quarter. Why would you put a career 90%ish shooter on the line like that?

• Advertisement

That's a big call on Green for his 2nd. Korver kinda (kinda) sold that. Green will sit for a while.

40 points for GS in the first, but they're only 6 up. Strange game, GS look way better than a 6 point lead suggests, but fair play to the Cavs for sticking close.

LeBron got away with a big offensive foul there.

In fairness to the Cavs, they're really hanging in there.

And they're racking up the fouls.

GS with 12 turnovers already and we're not at half-time.

• Advertisement

Clearly targetting Curry and Durant off the dribble for fouls.

Strange game, hard to believe there's just 3 in it.

LebRon hasn't taken a shot outside the paint - all drives - sums up the Cleveland game plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Kerr, understandably, looking tired and worn, on the bench.

Cavs will be loving this. Even if they ultimately lose this game, they've laid down a marker here and the game plan is working to a tee.

Durant and Green with 3 fouls 2 mins into the 2nd half. Very early for that.

Curry with a statement 1v1 on LeBron there. Big play.

Curry with a statement 1v1 on LeBron there. Big play.

Payback for the staredown last year??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Jesus Christ, can't shake them, getting anxious

Durant. OMG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's very hard to see how the Cavs can win it now, Warriors just have too much, it's a shame Durant took the easy way out last summer, this could have been a great series for us neutrals.

Insanely good performance from Kevin Durrant and Curry too. Klay Thompson found his shooting touch again, A recipe for desaster for Cleveland.

Lebron played well, but he's on his own out there, Kevin love was very disappointing, he could was very poor on offensive scoring and rebounding. Kyrie also failed to regularly finish inside against a solid defence. JR Smith was terrible, all he did was give up 3pt shooting fouls, sending great shooters to the line.

It's really hard to see anything other than a win for the Warriors. They just have too many weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Might as well have been a game of 3on3 for what the Cavs players offered outside of the Big 3.
    Hopefully Cavs pull one back on Thursday

Insanely good performance from Kevin Durrant and Curry too. Klay Thompson found his shooting touch again, A recipe for desaster for Cleveland.

Lebron played well, but he's on his own out there, Kevin love was very disappointing, he could was very poor on offensive scoring and rebounding. Kyrie also failed to regularly finish inside against a solid defence. JR Smith was terrible, all he did was give up 3pt shooting fouls, sending great shooters to the line.

It's really hard to see anything other than a win for the Warriors. They just have too many weapons.

???

Love had 27pts tonight, and 7 rebounds. He had 21 rebounds in Game 1 (a franchise play off record).

Internet died mid way through the game so i couldn't post for a while but I just can't see aw ay back into this for Cleveland. Sweep is on. Cavs simply have to win Game 3 or you'd imagine they'll be completely demoralised for Game 4.

rushfan wrote: »
    Payback for the staredown last year??

Looked like it - he had only one thing on his mind when he had him 1v1. In fairness to LeBron he played really good D on the play and almost blocked the shot too.

???

Love had 27pts tonight, and 7 rebounds. He had 21 rebounds in Game 1 (a franchise play off record).

My thoughts as well, I thought Love has played pretty well on offense, he isn't a great defender but that's well known.
    Cavs started him as center tonight as well, was a good idea but never really panned out the way they wanted.

Warriors look good for the series so far, can't wait for the media to start raining on their parade cos they got Durant or start questioning LeBrons greatness if he loses, it's so easy to predict the lazy narratives

I hope Curry has also answered some of these clowns questioning how good he is, solid game and showed how great he is

• Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

28pts / 14 assists / 11 rebounds / 3 steals

If you'd have told me LeBron would have 14 assists before the game while still scoring ~30 I'd have assumed it would be close

Warriors adding Durant too good

• Advertisement

???

He didn't pass the eye test for me. He and Tristan looked a none factor on the offense boards, any missed shot for Cleveland looked like an automatic, uncontested defensive rebound for GW. On the defensive boards they looked so weak. I can remember Steph Curry picking up 3 or 4 offensive rebounds, that just smacked of a lack of effort from the Cavs front court.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement