Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jefferson pulled his jersey over his mouth there to talk sh*t to a Warriors player (Curry I think). Classy.

Nice fiish by McGee there.

Refs are screwing the Warriors though.

49points in the first quarter for Cleveland, most in NBA Finals history. Impressive, esp. when you consider LeBron had just 6points and they missed 8 free throws. Definitely helped by the refs though.

American TV ads are awful. That Spiderman ad with Magic was atrocious - not as atrocious as his talk about his Lakers team sweeping the Warriors but that's a discussion point for another time. Magic was a great player, but he's up there with Mike Brown in the "bluffing and trying to cover it up by grinning/fake smiling" rankings.

Guess I'm the only one watching tonight?

• Advertisement

Kyrie is an incredible finisher off either hand in traffic in fairness. You could question the shot selection at times (even on makes), but I'm just amazed at some of the shots he makes.

Cavs shooting their 25th FT in the first half, and there's over 2mins left in it!

Most points in a half in the finals is 81. There's 2 mins left in the first and the Cavs have 77.

The cringe factor with Jackson and his "Can I get a Amen?"

Cavs break the quarter and half points records, GS put up 68 and they're still down 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I think a certain team is happy to win the championship on their home court. Silly season with the amount of points being scored. It's like an all-star game.

Oh STFU Van Gundy.

That's a BS call on Green. The refs gave been atrocious homers in this game but that's the cheapest ejection I've ever seen at this level.

Well that's strange......not sure what happened there. Everyone thought Green was ejected, Cavs shot a Tech FT but he's still in the game.

That's some BS explanation there, lol.

The Technical foul mystery deepens......lol.

Cavs 19 up going into the 4th. Should be game.

They showed Lue's half-time speech. If an undergae coach game out with cliches like he did I'd be embarrassed for him.

Cavs win pretty comfortably (game's not actually over yet but it effectively is). I'm surprised TBH, as I thought they'd be demoralised after Game 3 so hats off to them for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors first half defense very poor,Cavs offense very good.
    Refs atrocious but not why the Warriors lost by any means, still pretty concerning in my opinion that they were that bad.
    Curry was poor, not aggressive enough, Durant was good, showed some toughness and you could see he wanted it, they just didn't click. Cavs were very good though
    Let's see game 5 ticket prices now, I need to go

• Advertisement

Warriors first half defense very poor,Cavs offense very good.
    Refs atrocious but not why the Warriors lost by any means, still pretty concerning in my opinion that they were that bad.
    Curry was poor, not aggressive enough, Durant was good, showed some toughness and you could see he wanted it, they just didn't click. Cavs were very good though
    Let's see game 5 ticket prices now, I need to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Well at least they didn't get swept.
    Great performance tonight. Can they do that 3 more times including twice in Oakland? I don't think so but let's see. It's the exact same 3-1 after 4 games as last year. They have done it before.

Well at least they didn't get swept.
    Great performance tonight. Can they do that 3 more times including twice in Oakland? I don't think so but let's see. It's the exact same 3-1 after 4 games as last year. They have done it before.

Don't even go there, I get anxiety even thinking about it.
    They lose next game and it could've panic stations and if they ever lost series I will never watch basketball again in my life or leave my house or watch tv, I'll bury my phone and move to Alaska

Cleveland need to just take it one game at time. Completely focus on the next game only. I believe if they win the next one in Oakland they have a good chance to pull back the series. If they can get it back to Cleveland for a game 6 I think they will tie the series and then it's all down to game 7. Unlikely, Yes but not impossible or unprecedented

• Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well, to be clear, reaching a game seven in the finals down 3 - 0 would be entirely unprecedented.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Well, to be clear, reaching a game seven in the finals down 3 - 0 would be entirely unprecedented.

True but I would argue Cleveland are in a slightly better position this year because they now have momentum​. Last year they won game 3, lost game 4, going back to Oakland for game 5 without momentum. This game 5 is huge. If Cleveland win it. I can see them winning the series.

Good article on how aeful the refereeing was last night. They lost control of the game and the result was a complete mess.

https://theringer.com/nba-finals-game-4-refereeing-mistakes-5585cc641968

in Denver Intl. Airport, just had a conversation with the US u-16 boys coach and some of the players (they were in the queue with me). They're on the way to play Argentina in Argentina. They have 3 x 6'11" forwards/centres, one of whom is still 15 (!) - potential growth spurts left for all 3. Big team all round, lots of 6'4"/6'5" ish guards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

in Denver Intl. Airport, just had a conversation with the US u-16 boys coach and some of the players (they were in the queue with me). They're on the way to play Argentina in Argentina. They have 3 x 6'11" forwards/centres, one of whom is still 15 (!) - potential growth spurts left for all 3. Big team all round, lots of 6'4"/6'5" ish guards too.

Bloody hell! What are these guys eating? Could they play full forward for the real Dubs??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

True but I would argue Cleveland are in a slightly better position this year because they now have momentum​. Last year they won game 3, lost game 4, going back to Oakland for game 5 without momentum. This game 5 is huge. If Cleveland win it. I can see them winning the series.

Last year Kevin Durant wasn't playing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement