Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

nerd69 wrote: »
    Last year Kevin Durant wasn't playing

And Draymond isn't out of the game either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

nerd69 wrote:
    Last year Kevin Durant wasn't playing

And Draymond isn't out of the game either.

True, but the results are much the same. In fact GS won game 1 and 2 by greater margins last year and the only reason this series is not already tied at 2-2 is because Cleveland somehow managed to score 0 points from their last 11 shots in game 2, The majority of which were unforced errors on their part. If Cleveland can play in game 5 how they played in game 4. The series will be 3-2 heading back to the Q. All the pressure will be on GS at that point. Their fans, the media all expected them to sweep 4-0, now all of a sudden its 3-2 and you're heading back to Cleveland?

In contrast The Cavs are under no pressure, they are expected to lose, and at any point now a GW win ends the series. They just have to approach each game on its own, Remember that they can beat GS in Oakland, They did it in game 5 and 7 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Good article on how aeful the refereeing was last night. They lost control of the game and the result was a complete mess.

https://theringer.com/nba-finals-game-4-refereeing-mistakes-5585cc641968

• Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Saw this this morning. Whatever about being an all time great, forget about GOAT conversations, this guys basketball IQ is phenomenal.

When I think of bball IQ I always think Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and LeBron James.

• Advertisement

It's a beautiful sequence for anyone who's played the game at any level. My mind could never process something like that so quickly in flight and so decisively take advantage of it. The speed of thought and resolute follow through is incredible.

Not sure I can stay awake for tonight's game, I'm absolutely shattered after 2 weeks in the US and struggling to adjust. :(

Hope the refereeing isn't something we're discussing tomorrow anyway.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the HOT takes after the Warriors finish the job tonight:

https://sports.yahoo.com/rick-barry-calls-fs1-radio-host-loser-fool-hot-lebron-james-take-141141156.html

All the pressure is on GS tonight and for the rest of the series. I believe if Cleveland will tonight, And I think they can. I believe they will win the series. If GS don't close the deal tonight, They are in serious trouble.

Tim Donaghy out again saying the league want games 6 and 7. He's technically correct I guess, though I think the refereeing was just bad rather than rigged in G 4.

I see pairs of courtside tickets went for $133k, $90k and $80k respectively for this game. Insane money in the valley.

• Advertisement

GS up 11 on the half, was higher after they went on a 21-2 run midway through the 2nd quarter, Cavs were up 8 early and closed the half on an 8-2 run. Close game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

LeBron is really stepping up here in the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭qwabercd

JR Smith on fire from 3 point range 5/5 with some beauties. Cavs still in this.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

This is a great match, shame the Cavs threw away game 3, this could have been a great series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

lebron is so tired

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭qwabercd

lebron is so tired

So am I!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Warriors have too much of a cushion to be caught now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I stay up for game fours, and looks like its over

All done.

LeBron first player in final's history to average a triple double for a series. With KD the deck was too stacked. I think the future of the league from a competitive perspective looks very grim for the next three years. One of the worst playoff periods I can remember in terms of overall entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

All the pressure is on GS tonight and for the rest of the series. I believe if Cleveland will tonight, And I think they can. I believe they will win the series. If GS don't close the deal tonight, They are in serious trouble.

Your comments and predictions have been so accurate over the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Tim Donaghy out again saying the league want games 6 and 7. He's technically correct I guess, though I think the refereeing was just bad rather than rigged in G 4.

I see pairs of courtside tickets went for $133k, $90k and $80k respectively for this game. Insane money in the valley.

Ticket prices were off the charts, we couldn't get them through the pre sale, kept on crashing when trying to checkout.
    Cheapest ones on stubhub were 700 for nosebleeds, I was ready to pull the trigger but none of my friends would. Not too pushed in the end, got to western finals game at least.
    To think I sat in similar courtside seats for free last year for reg game and they are selling for that price now, insane money.

Pretty decent game, hats off to LeBron and Irving, what a great combo, they really pushed the Warriors.

Can't argue with Durrant MVP,the man was a beast, hit some monster shots. Everyone contributed, that's what makes this one of the greatest teams ever, unselfish and fun to watch, Curry had a great finals, Thompson stood up when needed, Iggy had a great game tonight, just brilliant.
    West was good, needed his toughness.

Will be interesting to see what Warriors players stay or leave, some money will be thrown at Iggy and Livingston, maybe even mcgee.

Your comments and predictions have been so accurate over the playoffs

Banking on the power of positive thinking man. I wanted Cleveland to win, wanted Steph Curry to come up short in the finals again and wanted Durrant to fail.
    Unfortunately the reality was very different. Cleveland lost, Curry was quality and Durrant was the MVP.

No complaints, The best team won. Congratulations Golden State Warriors

It's such a weird world we live in these days. Donald Trump is the president and Javale McGee is an NBA champion.

It's such a weird world we live in these days. Donald Trump is the president and Javale McGee is an NBA champion.

Well now in fairness, JR Smith and Shumpertt have rings too. Given his role, McGee played well all season for GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Well now in fairness, JR Smith and Shumpertt have rings too. Given his role, McGee played well all season for GS.

James Jones has rings as well three in total. Pays to be friends with Lebron

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Congrats to the Warriors. Best team won it, no complaints at all. KD was an absolute beast all series, deserved MVP

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

LeBron: "I don't believe I played for a super team".

Ridiculous comment and he actually said it with a straight face.

Paully D wrote: »
    LeBron: "I don't believe I played for a super team".

Ridiculous comment and he actually said it with a straight face.

Find your LeBron hate strange Paully, thought you would have been above such things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Find your LeBron hate strange Paully, thought you would have been above such things

Do you disagree

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement