Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,313 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19338500/draymond-green-wishes-cleveland-cavaliers-opponents-more-competitive

I can only imagine the consternation if LeBron decried the Warrior's opponents in this matter. Though it's good to have players letting loose like this, adds to the flavour of the playoffs.

lol Hazys, let the hate flow through you. You must have enjoyed his Finals performance last year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭qwabercd

About 80% of the chat here seems to be squabbling over lebron.

Handy out for golden state again last night, another dull eno series as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭qwabercd

About 80% of the chat here seems to be squabbling over lebron.

Handy out for golden state again last night, another dull enough​ series as expected.

Looking forward to the spurs rockets game tonight. That along with the celtics - Wizards both a good chance to go to game 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lol Hazys, let the hate flow through you. You must have enjoyed his Finals performance last year. :)

I was rooting so hard against the Cavs just because of LeBron. Its a shame because I didn't hate the idea of Cleveland winning a championship but LeBron being such a tool and everybody just waiting to suck his d1ck if they won, trumped my concerns for Cleveland's happiness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19338500/draymond-green-wishes-cleveland-cavaliers-opponents-more-competitive

I can only imagine the consternation if LeBron decried the Warrior's opponents in this matter. Though it's good to have players letting loose like this, adds to the flavour of the playoffs.

Well Draymond is a clown though. This week he said Kelly Olynyk is a dirty player: "I don’t respect guys like that."

206636171_0021c26a2e_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Hazys wrote: »
    Well Draymond is a clown though. This week he said Kelly Olynyk is a dirty player: "I don’t respect guys like that."

206636171_0021c26a2e_m.jpg

Now that ladies and gentlemen is a lack of self awareness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

brady23 wrote: »
    Why take the time to write a post and then fail to remotely answer the question posed?

There is so much wrong with the post, yet you fail to correct any of it.

Perhaps single handedly is a bit much but he's clearly the main reason. The reason they're winning is obviously primarily because of him, not even you can refute that.

Post the links to the recent articles where these detractors discuss what parts of his game are weak and are hurting his team because that's what the discussion is about.

If you want to discuss his character, spinning the ball, the decision blah blah blah then start a thread about that because his playoff performances this year have been excellent.

BTW the bolded parts are not only not even remotely funny but they simply epitomise your consistent displays of immaturity.

Jesus I'm not the one engaging in a homoerotic love-in with other people on here over someone none of us will ever likely meet, and most of you will never probably even see play in person.

I had a typo in my message last night - apologies. Autocorrect changed "poster" to "ousted".

I didn't fail to address the points, I chose not to. It was a statement, not a set-up to which I was going to provide answers. Why? Because it was stupid o'clock where I am right now (the states) and I was typing it on my phone. If I had more time I'd post more.

You said single-handedly. Now you're rowing back from it. You throw out flippant statements like that and don't expect to be challenged on it.

Again, I have repeatedly said he's the best player on the planet and again you choose to ignore that. But being the best does not make you perfect like a lot of you fanboys seem to think he is. If LeBron was as good as you guys think he is he'd be the greatest ever. But now I'll probably have to listen to a list of reasons why he is the best ever. :rolleyes: Is he the primary reason his team are winning? Yes, of course he is, but stop acting like he has no help. And you don't hear other "superstars" bitching and moaning mid-season about not having enough help when their team has the highest payroll in NBA history and their owner is paying the luxury tax for the last few seasons to accommodate this. And you have a number of past and present All Stars on your team. And you threaten to walk again if you don't get your way.

His ball-spinning BS happened in the PlayOffs, right? Therefore it's a valid discussion point on this thread. Is it out of character for him to do dick moves? No. Again, valid discussion point. I didn't say he's hurting his team, I never said that. Does his game have weaknesses? Come on - is that a serious question? Yes, it does. OR IS HE 100% PERFECT AT EVERYTHING HE DOES BASKETBALL WISE IN YOUR EYES? because you make it sound as if he is.

As for posting link - google is your friend.

Again you don't remotely answer any questions posed, it's actually quite amazing.

Also irrespective of whether people see LeBron play live or not, what does that have to do with anything?

Ah you don't answer because you're tired, that's unusual for you. Its amazing how you take the time to say you're tired yet still have time to continue writing trivial drivel that has has little to no relevance to the discussion.

I'll refer to Hazy's black kettle in relation to irony of you describing my comments as flippant.

The ball spinning is again a meh discussion point as it adds or subtracts nothing when discussing his performances. It's a basketball discussion not a character discussion.

You said he has an awful lot of detractors, so post the links to the detractors who are discussing what actually matters ie his performance because discussions are spinning the ball staring down Jordan etc are trivial but you continue to focus on them.

Finally LOL at the tax reference, that is just the height of cynicism. The fact you're dismissing his charity work because of the size of it relative to his overall estimated worth is ridiculous. I would have thought someone with such a strong passion for dog charities would have appreciated a fellow philanthropist.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Again you don't remotely answer any questions posed, it's actually quite amazing.

Also irrespective of whether people see LeBron play live or not, what does that have to do with anything?

Ah you don't answer because you're tired, that's unusual for you. Its amazing how you take the time to say you're tired yet still have time to continue writing trivial drivel that has has little to no relevance to the discussion.

I'll refer to Hazy's black kettle in relation to irony of you describing my comments as flippant.

The ball spinning is again a meh discussion point as it adds or subtracts nothing when discussing his performances. It's a basketball discussion not a character discussion.

You said he has an awful lot of detractors, so post the links to the detractors who are discussing what actually matters ie his performance because discussions are spinning the ball staring down Jordan etc are trivial but you continue to focus on them.

Finally LOL at the tax reference, that is just the height of cynicism. The fact you're dismissing his charity work because of the size of it relative to his overall estimated worth is ridiculous. I would have thought someone with such a strong passion for dog charities would have appreciated a fellow philanthropist.

Lol.
    Short enough for you?

Lol.
    Short enough for you?

I honestly find it amazing that you're a grown man because you are so incredibly childish and immature.

• Advertisement

One thing I will say is seeing a player playing live brings a new/different dimension to how you view them as ioubonly get a limited appreciation on tv. I've seen LeBrin play and his athleticism is off the charts. Again I'll state he's the best player on the planet, but to offer a more holistic view again I'll state he's not perfect and he has flaws. And I'm sorry for all the fanboys who clearly love him but I just can't warm to him for all the additional BS that comes with him on and off the court.

I honestly find it amazing that you're a grown man because you are so incredibly childish and immature.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

For someone who criticises me for not answering questions, you haven't answered any of mine btw. But again, you'll ignore those as they don't suit your fanboy arguments.

For someone who criticises me for not answering questions, you haven't answered any of mine btw. But again, you'll ignore those as they don't suit your fanboy arguments.

Your consistent inability to see flaws in your argument even though they are highlighted time and time again by numerous people is amazing.

You asked me was he going 1 vs 5, no its 5 vs 5 and you asked me how many points Kyrie had. Every other question you answered yourself?? What questions are you referring to??

I actually asked you questions but you didn't answer them which is common theme when youre questioned.

The fanboy thing is hilarious and so is your waffle about the new dimension of LeBron or anyone else, it falls into that high level discussion that also has zero merit.
    I have seen LBJ, Kobe, Nash and a few other greats play and I didn't feel this added an extra dimension to how I view them, I'm sure you'll have some other deep philosophical reason for this.
    The stuff you say to try make sense of your position sometimes is unbelievable.

D'Antoni starting Gordon tonight over Anderson, clearly feels the same ball line is the way to beat the Spurs, I think Aldridge is the key for the Spurs, Kawhi is always going to give you unbelievable games but Aldridge is streaky, the reasons being in my mind is similar to DeRozan, guys who live in the mid range are streaky especially during playoff time.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19342316

Harden shoots 10% from three with Kawhi on him, not sure if it's a decent sample though.

Your consistent inability to see flaws in your argument even though they are highlighted time and time again by numerous people is amazing.

You asked me was he going 1 vs 5, no its 5 vs 5 and you asked me how many points Kyrie had. Every other question you answered yourself?? What questions are you referring to??

I actually asked you questions but you didn't answer them which is common theme when youre questioned.

The fanboy thing is hilarious and so is your waffle about the new dimension of LeBron or anyone else, it falls into that high level discussion that also has zero merit.
    I have seen LBJ, Kobe, Nash and a few other greats play and I didn't feel this added an extra dimension to how I view them, I'm sure you'll have some other deep philosophical reason for this.
    The stuff you say to try make sense of your position sometimes is unbelievable.

Totally showing once again how utterly clueless you actually are. Seeing a game/players in the flesh doesn't give you a different perspective v a limited tv view? Really? You previously also said something along the lines of playing at a high level didn't increase your knowledge of the game - I forget the exact quote and I absolutely couldn't be arsed looking for it, but it was words to that effect. I actually wonder have you even played the game at all this stage, let alone at anything approaching a decent level. You come across as a guy who watched the game but actually hadn't a clue about it.

You're a complete fanboy. Don't forget to kiss your LeBron poster goodnight before you go to bed in your Cavs pyjamas.

Infantile.

Infantile.

I agree. You both are.

Ask him about the PM he sent me a few weeks back.

D'Antoni starting Gordon tonight over Anderson, clearly feels the same ball line is the way to beat the Spurs, I think Aldridge is the key for the Spurs, Kawhi is always going to give you unbelievable games but Aldridge is streaky, the reasons being in my mind is similar to DeRozan, guys who live in the mid range are streaky especially during playoff time.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19342316

Harden shoots 10% from three with Kawhi on him, not sure if it's a decent sample though.

Nene being out is the key factor the rest of the way imo. That was an aspect Houston had a big edge on when he was on the floor as Lee / Gasol / LMA are not great defending the interior at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

ButterSuki and Brady both of you guys need to just start a Whatsapp group because your arguments are complete petty drivel and you both clearly disagree on everything just for the sake of it.

As for seeing players live you definatly see things differently but also miss out on a lot. I always found going to a game and then watching it back, or at least watching detailed highlights, after to be the ultimate experience if you can stomach watching the same game twice.

The remaining conf semi finals should be pretty good. I can see the spurs winning game 7 in San Antonio but Washington should probably win the next 2 games if John Wall can keep it up. I never had much time for Wall until this year but, post season in particular, he has been incredible. Up there with LeBron performance wise in my eyes.

Ask him about the PM he sent me a few weeks back.

I had the message posted but decided why continue this further. If you think the message is worth sharing given the fact that it simply reiterates the fact I called you childish in a PM a few months ago then go ahead, I have nothing to hide and completely stand by what I said.

Look as Greg pointed out the spats we have are silly and childish so I'm going to leave it there. Clearly I have been somewhat petty in this, not quite poster kissing and PJ wearing but ive played my part and its frustrating other people so I'll draw the line here from my side at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm going to be deleting any posts non playoff related from now on. If ye want to discuss Lebron in depth then please do so in another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I'm going to be deleting any posts non playoff related from now on. If ye want to discuss Lebron in depth then please do so in another thread.

Great to hear. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MANUUUUUU

https://streamable.com/hf0ug
    https://streamable.com/oph3m

Seriously though, fvck Harden for trying to flop on that clean block.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    MANUUUUUU

Tremendous defense from Ginobli. What a career he's had!

MANUUUUUU

I don't think he did in fairness. He didn't seem to be complaining immediately afterward either.

Some cajones from Manu. Always been one of my favourite players (check my history on this if you don't believe me) and he dialed back the clock last night. Nit bad for a 39 year old who'll turn 40 in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

MANUUUUUU

I don't think he did in fairness. He didn't seem to be complaining immediately afterward either.

Some cajones from Manu. Always been one of my favourite players (check my history on this if you don't believe me) and he dialed back the clock last night. Nit bad for a 39 year old who'll turn 40 in a few weeks.
    I was watching the game and earlier I thought Manu really had slowed down on D, I felt he was a bit of a liabilty.
    Pop seemed to make him the go to guy after Kawhi went off and man was he impressive. Is there one more season in him? Or is this his last season?

killwill wrote: »
    I was watching the game and earlier I thought Manu really had slowed down on D, I felt he was a bit of a liabilty.
    Pop seemed to make him the go to guy after Kawhi went off and man was he impressive. Is there one more season in him? Or is this his last season?

I think there has been a significant drop in his metrics this year and it would be a good time to go out. That said, these players will be retired a long time. If Pop still wants him playing 15mins or so a night maybe he goes one more year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

I think there has been a significant drop in his metrics this year and it would be a good time to go out. That said, these players will be retired a long time. If Pop still wants him playing 15mins or so a night maybe he goes one more year.

And with Kawhi having a tweaked ankle, they'll need more of him in this series, and the next...

Also, Harden flailing like a starfish at that sequence trying to get a hair's contact for a foul without success is so satisfying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement