Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

_feedback_ wrote: »
    What a game last night. It's funny that a match with so much scrappiness and misses can provide so much entertainment.

Delighted for Fu. I thought Robertsons outburst after going ahead seemed to give Marco more of a boost than himself.

Marco is an absolute gent. Backed him to win the tournament at the start, so I'm glad he's still there for that reason too!

I was so happy Fu won, Robertsons outburst was embarrassing and not part of the etiquette of the game.
    Add to that he was playing rubbish, wears that ridiculous hat, and blames world of warcraft for his poor performances, the guy just can't be a man and say he was outplayed.
    Fu is a great player to watch, so fluent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Really enjoyed Ding and Ronnie 4-4 ...enjoyable snooker...

I've just started reading Ronnies book running,
    the guy is some runner too.
    Would love to see him destroy Selby in the final

• Advertisement

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Looks like it could be another good match..
    Here's hoping...I'm liking Kyron Wilson looks a very talented player,I think he'll win a world championship,maybe not this year but I think he's the game to do it at some stage.

How often do players change tips,vaguely remember Fu? last year breaking a tip..
    Think I remember them commenting on how it will be a different contact on the cue ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Have a vague memory of Fu maybe having tip trouble during the UK Champs, but clearly recall Ronnie having to change his tip when he played Fu at the Masters and then proceeding to shoot the lights out with the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

AnneFrank wrote: »
    I was so happy Fu won, Robertsons outburst was embarrassing and not part of the etiquette of the game.
    Add to that he was playing rubbish, wears that ridiculous hat, and blames world of warcraft for his poor performances, the guy just can't be a man and say he was outplayed.
    Fu is a great player to watch, so fluent

I was up for Fu as well and think Robertsons video game addiction is the greatest load of tripe I've ever heard but I don't agree re the celebration at the end of frame 21.

Bit of emotion and trying to psyche yourself up is fine in my opinion.
    gitzy16v wrote: »
    How often do players change tips,vaguely remember Fu? last year breaking a tip..
    Think I remember them commenting on how it will be a different contact on the cue ball

Most players would have a few broken in tips with them. As in they used them for a few hours and then took them off, so ideally they would play pretty similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Another miscue from Kyren.

He better get it sorted out for the 7pm session.

mdwexford wrote: »
    I was up for Fu as well and think Robertsons video game addiction is the greatest load of tripe I've ever heard but I don't agree re the celebration at the end of frame 21.

Bit of emotion and trying to psyche yourself up is fine in my opinion.

not a tad disrespectful to your opponent ?
    He could always go out after the frame and shout his head off if he liked,
    and yes spot on about the tips,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I've just started reading Ronnies book running,
    the guy is some runner too.

Can't think of a worse read. Nobody better to watch play snooker but he's actually pretty vacuous off the table, not a whole lot going on upstairs.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Can't think of a worse read. Nobody better to watch play snooker but he's actually pretty vacuous off the table, not a whole lot going on upstairs.

so did you read it ?
    What made you come to that conclusion , do you know the guy ?

so did you read it ?

Interviews down the years/watched his American Hustle show, he's clearly not the brightest. Similar to David Beckham, likeable enough character but just not a whole lot there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

so did you read it ?
    I read the book and 'know' the guy, the book is excellent enjoyed every bit ,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Can Ronnie beat Selby or is it inevitable that he will be ground down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bren2001

Can Ronnie beat Selby or is it inevitable that he will be ground down.

If I were Ronnie I'd be more concerned about Ding than who the winner faces in the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

bren2001 wrote: »
    If I were Ronnie I'd be more concerned about Ding than who the winner faces in the next round.

Dunno
    He always beats ding

Interviews down the years/watched his American Hustle show, he's clearly not the brightest. Similar to David Beckham, likeable enough character but just not a whole lot there.

Fair enough i do know what you're saying, and to be fair i thought the same for a long time too, but reading the book has changed my opinion on him, his on table persona is very different to what he has written

Selby's shot selection is always so unerring. Very controlled so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Selby 2-0 up :(

selby is a bore, really hate watching the guy, it's like peter ebdon in his prime.

Think Marco would snap your hand off for a 5-3 session deficit and get an early night and back tomorrow fresher. Because this could get ugly quick the way it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

selby is a bore, really hate watching the guy, it's like peter ebdon in his prime.

Couldn't disagree more really. Its fascinating to watch how methodically he goes around compiling breaks and how gradually he turns the screw on his opponents. Granted, might not choose to watch him in some of the smaller tournaments, but on this stage he's utterly imperious and compelling viewing.

I admire Ebdon in some ways, but I think he partly chose to play the way he did through gamesmanship. If it unsettled his opponent, which it obviously did in the case of Ronnie, then all the better. Selby does not have that edge to his game at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭tinpib

To beat Selby you can't give him any chances and you have to take the few chances he gives you, Fu doing neither at the minute.

Advertisement