Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Selby is probably the worst player Fu could of played after that grueling match last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

imagine how long it takes him to have a dump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Should have been a shot clock introduced years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Fu must be really looking forward to the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

I had to switch to the Maguire game which isn't the best either but neither player is as negative, slow or anti entertainment as Slowby

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Think Marco would snap your hand off for a 5-3 session deficit and get an early night and back tomorrow fresher. Because this could get ugly quick the way it's going.

at this rate, he'd snap your hand off for a fluke pot. Missed a great chance in this fourth frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Hope Fu hasn't ran out of steam after two tough matches.

He needs to minimum split the last two to give himself a chance tomorrow.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Impressive break by Selby, he's now guaranteed to lead overnight, Marco needs to win at least two of the next three frames to have any chance tomorrow.

Selby 5 - 1 Fu. Much needed confidence boost for Fu to get that frame on the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Unfortunate for Selby there. That said Marco has had rotten luck with cannons and run of the ball so far so swings and roundabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Fu's had a bit of luck in the last few frames but he's taken full advantage, 7-1 might have been a bit too much of a gap to overcome, if he gets the last frame he'll probably feel better than Selby going into tomorrow.

Barry could win the other quarter with a session to spare. Not facing a seed yet is a huge turn of luck, but he should be as fresh as a daisy in the Semi.

Barry could win the other quarter with a session to spare. Not facing a seed yet is a huge turn of luck, but he should be as fresh as a daisy in the Semi.

A huge steal there from Maguire. He is really wound up and isn't ready to give up yet. It would be super if he can get it back to 5:3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Ding really has a great chance from this position, he doesn't look under pressure today.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

AnneFrank wrote: »
    imagine how long it takes him to have a dump

It would take an age ! and you would get the typical head shake before the follow through but you know the brown be going down

Ronnie is going to really need to find his A game to have any chance here. Ding showing no signs of slowing down.

Ding flying but i fancie Ronnie to turn it around

That swerve by Ding was the worst shot selection I've seen in a long time.

Looks like Ronnies thrown in the towel.

That last red was rock hard, should have played the safety.

Two snookers needed, play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

mdwexford wrote: »
    That swerve by Ding was the worst shot selection I've seen in a long time.

If Ronnie has taken the frame I'd have has him favourite to win, him staying in his chair at the end wasn't a good sign for him, he looks beaten at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ronnie either wins easy or quits. Does he ever fight ?
    He needs to fight here and change approach, needs to get tactical.

Ronnie either wins easy or quits. Does he ever fight ?
    He needs to fight here and change approach, needs to get tactical.

Relies on his talent but can handle pressure well

He might not get time to turn it round the way it's going, although i predict he will

Ronnie's a great man for winning the last frame

Prob do a 140

Ding 10:6 up overnight. Ronnie has a mountain to climb. Looking like wilson will be 11:5 down

Great stuff to give himself a chance tomorrow.

Really enjoyable game, lot of frames won in one visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Kyren Wilson looking like he'll be Krying Wilson tomorrow.

Ronnie's final frame win shows he has it in him to overturn the deficit in tomorrow's session. Expect him to close the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Kyren Wilson looking like he'll be Krying Wilson tomorrow.

Over hyped by Peter Ebdon, decent player but don't see anything special that suggests he'll be world champion any time soon (though I'd quite like it if he did do it).

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Something I've noticed from BBC last few years, John Higgins nearly never gets shown on the feature table when there's a choice of two. He's also rarely talked about with the respect of someone who's won what he has.

You'd wonder if his match fixing scandal has tainted his legacy somewhat. I also know for a fact it ran far deeper than what was outed and he should have been given the same treatment as Stephen Lee was.

• Advertisement

Something I've noticed from BBC last few years, John Higgins nearly never gets shown on the feature table when there's a choice of two. He's also rarely talked about with the respect of someone who's won what he has.

You'd wonder if his match fixing scandal has tainted his legacy somewhat. I also know for a fact it ran far deeper than what was outed and he should have been given the same treatment as Stephen Lee was.

There's a lot worse than john higgins fronting bbc sport

Advertisement