Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Passenger wrote: »
    Most entertaining frame of the championship imho.

I'd disagree, I think John's clearance against Mark Allen was the best for pure drama and entertainment under pressure, Ronnie's 146 best for brilliance, Selby's 143 was astonishing but this was frame was right up there!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Over ten minutes into the first frame tonight with no balls potted yet, they might need extra time to finish this game off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Selby flukes everything safe again.

Runs so good it's unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Anyone keeping tabs on how man times the 1985 black ball final frame between messrs Taylor and Davis has been mentioned during commentary r analysis

Just mentioned by 'Virgo there now' prior to selby's cut to conor pocket i.e. 1985 final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Some shot to split last 2 reds

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Just mentioned by 'Virgo there now' prior to selby's cut to conor pocket i.e. 1985 final

Was thinking it myself before Virgo said it so I can't really blame him this time :)

Also virgo's favourite 'and where is that cue ball going'......it has to have featured numerous times

Yet again Selby misses and flukes the lot safe again.

Can't beat someone who has this much luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Super frame from Ding and we are now guaranteed that the match won't finish tonight

• Advertisement

Winner of this is going to maul whatever poor smuck wins the other semi.

Different level completely.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Two long safety battles and high breaks, quality stuff this session.

Constant references to 'the pressure' at the crucible......

Another favorite is references to the 1982 semi between jimmy white and 'A-hole Higgins'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Hendry says Ding is a potting machine, high praise from the ultimate Machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

mdwexford wrote: »
    Winner of this is going to maul whatever poor smuck wins the other semi.

Different level completely.

Wouldn't be so sure.

Higgins has played Selby 5 times in matches best of 17 or bigger and John holds a 4-1 record in the long frame matches, including most recently beating Selby 9-4 in the International Final in China in 2015.

Ding holds a 2-0 record over John in best of 17 or better.

Hawkins has twice played Selby best-of-19 or bigger at the Worlds, both times beat him 10-3 and 13-10 (2013 quarter's).

Barry also played Ding twice best-of-19 or better, beat him twice, 10-6 and 13-7 (2013 semi's).

It'll be a ding-dong final I think.
    Constant references to 'the pressure' at the crucible......

Another favorite is references to the 1982 semi between jimmy white and 'A-hole Higgins'

Not a fan of Alex?!

another frame for Ding. No capitulation from him

Wouldn't be so sure.

Higgins has played Selby 5 times in matches best of 17 or bigger and John holds a 4-1 record in the long frame matches, including most recently beating Selby 9-4 in the International Final in China in 2015.

Ding holds a 2-0 record over John in best of 17 or better.

Hawkins has twice played Selby best-of-19 or bigger at the Worlds, both times beat him 10-3 and 13-10 (2013 quarter's).

Barry also played Ding twice best-of-19 or better, beat him twice, 10-6 and 13-7 (2013 semi's).

It'll be a ding-dong final I think.

History doesn't mean much really.

Current form is what I'm basing it on and on that it would be a demolition job. Obviously that can change quickly.

Selby and Ding are ending frames in one visit almost every time.

Higgins and Hawkins also seem to be letting the occasion get to them a bit which will only be multiplied in the final.

Fcuk me Ding cannot catch a break here.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Fcuk me Ding cannot catch a break here.

That was cruel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Constant references to 'the pressure' at the crucible

This is the one thing that annoys me about the bbc coverage. They always big it up once it gets down to the single table. It doesn't always need it.

We get it at this stage, but there can be plenty of pressure and stress down the bottom end of the rankings battling in ponds forge and the like. Milionaires like Ronnie, Selby and Higgins should be set for life. Just go out and enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

The News of the World in 2010 ran a sting operation where they tried to entrap John on camera into saying it's easy to fix matches. It was one of their Fake Sheikh stings and John got a 6 month ban and 75 grand fine for it.

It was complete BS and the following year the paper closed after 168 years of existence due to their involvement in the Hacking of a dead child's phone 10 years beforehand.

They were scum, the story was complete BS and edited to make John look bad. He didn't even deserve his 6 month ban because he was cleared of any charge of Match Fixing, he got it for bringing the game into disrepute.

if the story was BS what was the ban and fine for??? cheating is bringing the game into disrepute! the only reason cheating wasn't fully carried through was because the story was published before money was handed over.

if he goes on to make the final it will be a terrible indictment on the snooker authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Unbelievable shot from Selby earlier. I was sitting on my own and shouted holy sheet when I saw it

Shared via TweetCaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Very disappointing frame to lose. Ding was far too reckless in going for the risky red when he was 40 points up and with no balls safe. 12:10 down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

That should have been 11 all.

Not good enough.

Simply sensational from Selby and he didn't have the run of the balls in that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Where are ye watching this? I don't think I can watch it with the red button - I'm on Eir!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Can't deal with the walking around the table twice and getting up and down three times for every routine shot.

• Advertisement

Where are ye watching this? I don't think I can watch it with the red button - I'm on Eir!

I'm watching it on the red button with old sky box

Advertisement