Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Where are ye watching this? I don't think I can watch it with the red button - I'm on Eir!

On Eurosport...Is that on Eir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

No Eurosport either. Not to worry. I'll keep updated here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Ding back in again after taking a blow in the previous frame. A century for Ding!! 12:11 now. I hope he can win the next one as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

No Eurosport either. Not to worry. I'll keep updated here! :)

You can Google 'eurosport live stream'. The first link will have it. :)

• Advertisement

Lovely century for Ding,he's not getting disheartened at all by having to play Selby at his own game.
    Fantastic snooker.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ding just couldn't get level in the final last year, this final frame of the night is massive, could be the winning of it for Selby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Cmonnnnnnn Ding.

Level this up for the final session tomorrow.

Ding just couldn't get level in the final last year, this final frame of the night is massive, could be the winning of it for Selby.

Yeh true but he did give Selby a 6? frame head start last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Nobody should question Ding's heart after this. He might lose but he won't be handing it to Selby.

• Advertisement

Great shot, but it felt like he took 5 minutes walking around the table before he played the plant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Very true....irrespective of the 'rag' of a news paper that 'set him up' he appeared to be very intent on 'following through' rather than 'screwing back' and reporting the incident to the authorities

well done Ding. We are going to finish up at 12:12 overnight

Get in Ding!!!
    12-12

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Go on Ding you hero.

Some bottle and battling out of him.

Break building is sensational.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Cleaned up in the final frame of the session with a terrific century break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Well played Ding, great last session in prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

That was some serious, high-level snooker. Really hope Ding gets it done.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Put on BBC to watch in HD. Could only take Virgo for 2 minutes and back to Eurosport.

Ding has found Selby out at last. He deserves to be at least level. I think he'll go on and win 17-15 or there abouts.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Brian? wrote: »
    Put on BBC to watch in HD. Could only take Virgo for 2 minutes and back to Eurosport.

Ding has found Selby out at last. He deserves to be at least level. I think he'll go on and win 17-15 or there abouts.

The downside to that session is that Ding played at or near his very best and still only won it 5-3.

It's crazy how good you have to play to beat Selby, even when he's not at his best.

Ding v Higgins would be an amazing final but I think John has a higher gear he can hit and a better B-Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

As good a session as I can recall.
    I'm still Team Selby but Ding pretty much schooled him for the last seven frames there, should really have won 6 of them rather just the 5 he did.
    Can't wait for tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

If anyone wants to see that last Higgins Hawkins frame it will be on Eurosport 1 now in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TheHopeful

Would absolutely love to see Ding win this match and go on to win the final, but I can't see it.

Selby is tailor made for these types of matches, and tournament.

He plays some good stuff in fairness but he also grinds out so many frames that he shouldn't win. And he frustrates the hell out of his opponents with his slow play and negative tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

TheHopeful wrote: »
    Would absolutely love to see Ding win this match and go on to win the final, but I can't see it.

He plays some good stuff in fairness but he also grinds out so many frames that he shouldn't win. And he frustrates the hell out of his opponents with his slow play and negative tactics.

Agree. Not a fan of this kind of negative play. Like Greece at the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

tanko wrote: »
    Bit naughty from Hawkins there, did he know that pot wasn't on before the White was replaced?
    That whole situation was extremely unfair on Higgins, when he shows up for a match, he expects to be the only cheater playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Memnoch wrote: »

A negative player wouldn't take the shots that Selby takes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Memnoch wrote: »
    TheHopeful wrote: »

Selby isn't a negative player. His safety play is just phenomenal. He's an excellent long potter and break builder. Just because he doesn't play the odd brainless shot like Trump, that doesn't make him negative.

I don't like watching him because he's quite slow and deliberate over his shot selection. It doesn't flow naturally like it would for someone like Ronnie, Higgins or Ding.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Advertisement