Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

A final between my 2 least favourite players, oh joy. Selby will coast it dmething like 18-9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

What happened lads?

Turned it off in disgust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Pity Selby couldn't play as quick for the rest of the game as he did there at the very end once the frame was over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Was the celebrations after each of the three final pots a bit disrespectful to Ding?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

If I have to watch Selby's wife come down to collect the trophy and winners cheque again, like she's the one practising 6 hours a day, I'll have to go to bed for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

GreNoLi wrote: »
    What happened lads?

Turned it off in disgust.
    He thumped the table and roared after his last few shots. No respect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Peter File wrote: »
    He thumped the table and roared after his last few shots. No respect

Was a bit much alright. Even Ronnie said Ding is a quiet lad and Selby was rubbing it in his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

So see Higgins match Ronnie or watch Eddie Charlton incarnate win. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Selby is a winner, hopefully a good final in prospect

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Disappointed for Ding, that reaction by Selby tells you how much he was pushed, don't think I've seen such high quality level of safety in a match, I expect Selby will strangle it again in the final.

I'm ambivalent towards Higgins so I hope he destroys Marky Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

If I have to watch Selby's wife come down to collect the trophy and winners cheque again, like she's the one practising 6 hours a day, I'll have to go to bed for a week.

She's from Carlow what do ya expect.....

Everyone would forgive Selby a little discrete fist pump or a little 'come on' but to do it 3 times in consecutive shots was just giving it the big man for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Awesome semi final, had everything. Shame for Ding, he's probably ran into for me a player playing better quality snooker than anyone in the last 10 years right now.

Selby is gonna dominate the crucible for the coming years imo.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Awesome semi final, had everything. Shame for Ding, he's probably ran into for me a player playing better quality snooker than anyone in the last 10 years right now.

Selby is gonna dominate the crucible for the coming years imo.

Ronnie against Ricky Walden was as close to perfection as it gets and far superior to anything Selby has ever or can ever produce.

If Selby wins he'll have won 3 world titles as opposed to Mark Williams' 2, that's tough to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,894 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Is Ding the best player not to have been World Champion? I suppose Jimmy is the other main candidate.

Ronnie against Ricky Walden was as close to perfection as it gets and far superior to anything Selby has ever or can ever produce.

Ronnie's peak is obviously higher than anyone, but in terms of sheer mental strength and control of temperament Selby is the best since Hendry imo and I wouldn't be shocked if he reels off as many World titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ding was a bit too aggressive taking on that tough red to the middle without an element of safety. He was unlucky not to land on an easier red but I feel he might have played the percentages a bit better at this stage in the match.

Hope Selby wins anyway. It took him a while to get first world title but it does look set up for him to dominate the rest of the decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Ronnie and Jimmy having the craic with Ronnie Wood in the Eurosport studio

bajer101 wrote: »
    Ronnie and Jimmy having the craic with Ronnie Wood in the Eurosport studio

Banter innit, not a single braincell between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Great work my Higgins to make another final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Banter innit, not a single braincell between them.

I'd swap 20 iq points for half of any of their talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Higgins giving a lesson in how to celebrate a semi final win there. Can't stand him but at least he can keep a lid on things.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Real anti-climax after the epic earlier.

Nice to see a century though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Well I said Higgins would win comfortably. I didn't say he'd win with style I just said he'd win comfortably which he did. Hopefully this is Higgins's 'bad' match in the tournament and he'll be in better form in the final where I expect he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I hope Higgins holds his good form tomorrow,Hawkins is no pushover,and Selby made hard work for himself against Ding. It would be great to see one of the old faces go all the way.
    C'mon Higgins!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

martyos121 wrote: »
    Higgins giving a lesson in how to celebrate a semi final win there. Can't stand him but at least he can keep a lid on things.

Never head anyone say they 'can't stand Higgins'. He seems like a really nice guy and he's one of the all time greats.
    Everyone would forgive Selby a little discrete fist pump or a little 'come on' but to do it 3 times in consecutive shots was just giving it the big man for no reason.

I think he was testing the crowd to see if they would get behind him but they didn't. He knows he's somewhat unpopular.

Advertisement