Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shelby has missed so many relatively easy shots so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I think ye should stick to watching the snooker instead of the armchair psychology

Wonderlife will MMA this thread if he's let loose to proselytize his view of the protagonists mindset in this final. We'll be updated on what they had for breakfast and how well they slept. A close source will have kept him well briefed in all of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I think ye should stick to watching the snooker instead of the armchair psychology

I think he should continue to give his knowledgeable opinion. He is obviously a current or former player at a high level and would probably knows Ken well. His opinion is probably the most valid on this thread.

A Nightmare on Shelby Street .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Gravity failed that pink !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Specsavers Shud start sponsoring this session,never seen so many misses

He was also 15/2 to win the first session 6-2, and 33/1, 50/1, 66/1 and 80/1 to win from such scorelines as 18-13, 18-11, 18-9, 18-7.

So I hear.

Hope you got a slice, you've called it perfectly so far. I had Trump at 15/2 but cashed out at 1.4 when his brother tweeted about his shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

How many time this championship has Denis Taylor told us his "hands are perspiring"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Does Ken have a whistley nostril? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭ebbsy

No but he is a crap commentator, along with Dennis. Get Davis and Hendry in there instead. Old boys club is boring the tits off me.

And get Clive back as well.

How many time this championship has Denis Taylor told us his "hands are perspiring"?

The same about of times he has spoken of Vicky.
    Maybe there's a link.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ronnie had the chance to go 10-4 against Selby a few years ago, but Selby cleared up and then won two of the next three frames, if he goes in tomorrow 7-10 down he'll be in a good position, anything less than that it'll be hard to see a way back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

How long is their break?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

bajer101 wrote: »
    Davis and Hendry, seriously? I think you would have to admit that those two know a thing or two about the mentality and temperament involved.

When did they know, after one win, two, three?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Hmm Euro sport coverage finishes at ten they won't get through four frames in forty five minutes surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Brilliant segment on the city of Sheffield there by the BBC & the Nugget and glad they touched on Hillsborough.

• Advertisement

Bruthal wrote: »
    When did they know, after one win, two, three?

I would imagine that it was a combination of having a particular talent and temperament in the first place and then gradually improving on that until they both got to a position where they know exactly what they are talking about.

Yeah but the oh prefers the Euro coverage

Stheno wrote: »
    Hmm Euro sport coverage finishes at ten they won't get through four frames in forty five minutes surely?

They'd hardly cut live sport now would they..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Hazel complimenting the family as predicted.

Did he attempt that red, cause he was a foot off .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If Higgin's wins this frame then Selby is in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Is it not an 8 frame session?

Usually play 16 frames on day 1.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Is it not an 8 frame session?

Usually play 16 frames on day 1.

No nine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I think it's 17 today so 9 tonight

Advertisement