Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Bruthal wrote: »
    So when they won for example, 2 worlds, they wouldnt have known what they were talking about, or what was required to win at that stage?

You do know you are talking through your hoop? You are attempting to use Leaving Cert level reduction to try and discredit the obvious expertise of Davis and Hendry.

hqdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Ronnie reckons that Higgins is the man. He says that he is 9.5/10 in every department. Higgins getting a fifth here would be the correct result. Selby is not at Higgin's level yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Super from Selby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

martyos121 wrote: »
    Didn't you also tell us to back Ding to win by a few frames the last day after Selby changed his tip? ;)

This is going to be some comeback from Selby! :pac:

It's easy to offer gambling advice when it's not my money :pac:

Selby making my statements look foolish :o Fair play to him for digging deep here.

• Advertisement

Mind you, 11-6 Higgins overnight would still be very comfortable and I'd be sitting pretty with my 18-13 prediction. Selby would need to overwhelm John 6-2 tomorrow afternoon to have any chance.

Great break, well done Mark! Needs this last one too

He's only won a couple of frames on the spin, which you would have to expect at some stage. Higgins doesn't look bothered yet. Last frame telling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

bajer101 wrote: »
    You do know you are talking through your hoop? You are attempting to use Leaving Cert level reduction to try and discredit the obvious expertise of Davis and Hendry.

Leaving cert what? Did you pass your one?

Davis/hendry have opinions on selby looking to friends in the arena. How did he win any tournaments with such "weakness". Im sure your own expert opinion will explain all:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Selby is buzzing now

At 10-7 I assume he's bookies favourite tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Holding my breath every time he goes into the pack :D

Davis/hendry have opinions on selby looking to friends in the arena. How did he win any tournaments with such "weakness". Im sure your own expert opinion will explain all:pac:

Oh dear. He won tournaments at 90% of his potential best. He is still not performing to his 100% best. Davis and Hendry spotted an area where he can improve. I'll take their word for it.

Is he having a laugh!? Come on.

I'll offer some amateur psychology :pac:

Scroll to 3:16:35 in the below video, when Selby pots the pink in the final frame against Ronnie in the 2014 World Final.

As soon as he pots it, he looks up for reassurance from Vikki before taking on a trickier black than he should have left to clinch the title.

Maybe she's like a mother figure to him! She is 10 years older than him, so it's as good as any other armchair psychology offered today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

I'll offer some amateur psychology :pac:

Scroll to 3:16:35 in the below video, when Selby pots the pink in the final frame against Ronnie in the 2014 World Final.

As soon as he pots it, he looks up for reassurance from Vikki before taking on a trickier black than he should have left to clinch the title.

Maybe she's like a mother figure to him! She is 10 years older than him, so it's as good as any other armchair psychology offered today :D

No offence to her she looks way older than 43 😯

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ah crap

mdwexford wrote: »
    Must be a bit pervy in the bedroom so. :eek:

Well he did bring the cue out with him for the mid session

Oh dear. He won tournaments at 90% of his potential best. He is still not performing to his 100% best. Davis and Hendry spotted an area where he can improve. I'll take their word for it.

Ever hear when they say a bad bounce caused the white to come off the cushion faster than it went on, do you believe that happens?

I wonder if Selby went to Terry Griffiths, would he be told to get his missus out of the gallery?

Get in

• Advertisement

Ever hear when they say a bad bounce caused the white to come off the cushion faster than it went on, do you believe that happens?

100% and often!

The cloth covering the cushion doesn't wear down uniformly everywhere on the table.

For example, the white ball generally hits the black cushion and bottom side cushions far more than the other end of the table.

When the cushion cloth wears down the rubber is more exposed and it leads to balls pinging off faster than they normally would (and faster than expected by the player).

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Get in

Cheering for Selby should only be allowed after photographic proof of a bet :pac:

I can't really fathom why anyone wants him to win otherwise.

He's a wind-up-merchant on the table with his constant looks to the balcony, head-shakes etc.

Anyway John would have taken 10-7 at the start of the day :) No panic in Team Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Frustrating situation for John Higgins, getting stuck behind the black like that.

Not often you see John Higgins picking shots out of frustration, either.

100% and often!

The cloth covering the cushion doesn't wear down uniformly everywhere on the table.

For example, the white ball generally hits the black cushion and bottom side cushions far more than the other end of the table.

When the cushion cloth wears down the rubber is more exposed and it leads to balls pinging off faster than they normally would (and faster than expected by the player).

Ah, you fell for it. He is going to hit you with some leaving cert physics now.

100% and often!

Yes no doubt they can leave the cushion faster than expected, but is it faster than it went onto the cushion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

With the way Selby was struggling I think Higgins will be absolutely kicking himself to be only 10-7 up overnight.
    Kinda reminds me of the 2014 final where Selby had a long tough semi final and struggled thru the first session but nicked the last frame of the evening session and really powered thru the third session.

Terrific mental resolve from him tonight. Still don't like him though

Considering the first session Selby can be happy with that scoreline. 3 in a row will bring back some confidence to his game. Cannot wait for tomorrow! Come on Selby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Higgins has thrown away a very good opportunity to really hurt Selby tonight

Ah, you fell for it. He is going to hit you with some leaving cert physics now.

No, just common sense. Yet we hear the experts say it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Fair play to Selby there

Advertisement