Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

mdwexford wrote: »
    Page has been timing out on me since 8.59, havent even got as far as a number.

I was OK until 20 past.

About five or six of us trying. Lowest in was over 3000 and a couple didn't even get in the queue.

I believe a lot has completely sold out, according to Twitter.

They'll pop up sporadically. We only got our second round tickets for this year just a couple of days before, through them directly. Nuisance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Some difference from last year, I just went online a day or two after they went on sale and picked up some Easter Monday tickets no problem. This year, by the sounds of it, nearly everything is gone already. Not sure why the upsurge in demand - or will more tickets become available later in the day?

EDIT: update from World Snooker...

We are extremely sorry to report that due to a technical difficulty we have experienced a significant problem with the sales for the World Snooker Championship 2018.

We have taken online sales down temporarily whilst we resolve the issue. There are seats allocated to online sales which will only be made available to people purchasing in this way. Check back again at 12pm for an update.

Once again, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this will cause and thank you for bearing with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I've gotten very good tickets the last three years, never had this much hassle before.

Site was a joke this morning, hopefully it works better later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Try buying through seetickets.com they are official ticket partners and judging by twitter the successful buyers earlier bought their tickets from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Big time, well first 4 frames. If one of them can win it 3-1 it would be the decisive move. Personally I still think Selby is goosed.

As for Higgins yeah it has been a long time since he was World Champ and no. 1 but.....

More recently he beat Bingham 10-7 in the final in China, beat Ronnie 10-7 in the Champion of Champions Final and won the Championship League......

In fact, if you combine that with the 3 ranking events he won in 2015, you could argue it's the best form he's shown in his career since his golden spell 1998-1999 when he was a machine.

The way I look at it now is this:

Not many people would think Selby can beat Higgins 14-7. That's exactly the mountain he needed to climb at 10-4 down. He's made a good start climbing it for sure but Higgins was nowhere near his best today and still came out with a 3-frame cushion.

It's not insurmountable I just don't see him getting it done.

Selby will be happy to be only 10-7 down, the fist pump showed that. At 10-4 he was staring into the abyss. I expect him to be mentally refreshed for this afternoons session and to come roaring back a la 2014. I don't expect John to give him the opportunities that Ronnie did but I can see him winning this next session 5-3

• Advertisement

And the queue has reopened...I'm 437 and going nowhere fast. It's going to crash again, isn't it.

And the queue has reopened...I'm 437 and going nowhere fast. It's going to crash again, isn't it.

I'm 10,000+!! going nowhere ha ha!

Baffling how demand is this high all of a sudden.

2015 I got front row seats no problem, in and out in minutes.
    2016 the same and this year got 4th and 5th rows because the front few were reserved for rip off premium packages.

I started at 3093, at 2789 now.

Disaster.

Baffling how demand is this high all of a sudden.

2015 I got front row seats no problem, in and out in minutes.
    2016 the same and this year got 4th and 5th rows because the front few were reserved for rip off premium packages.

I started at 3093, at 2789 now.

Disaster.

It's a joke. I think with the ease of returns, people are investing to make a quick buck with absolutely zero risk attached.

The prices are already seriously inflated compared with previous years and the premium thing is pathetic...

Crazy numbers queueing up. It should be left until July or August, like it used to me.

Managed to get 2 standard tickets for the afternoon session on the middle Saturday. I wanted to get 2 sessions that day but it kicked me out when I tried to continue shopping after I added the first batch of tickets to my basket. I suppose I was lucky enough to get anything at all.

On the plus side the tickets are Row D, which is as good as you can get for standard tickets. Hopefully I'll pick up a couple of tickets for either the morning or evening session that day closer to the time.

• Advertisement

Managed to get 2 standard tickets for the afternoon session on the middle Saturday. I wanted to get 2 sessions that day but it kicked me out when I tried to continue shopping after I added the first batch of tickets to my basket. I suppose I was lucky enough to get anything at all.

On the plus side the tickets are Row D, which is as good as you can get for standard tickets. Hopefully I'll pick up a couple of tickets for either the morning or evening session that day closer to the time.

Ah good stuff!!!

You'll definitely get sorted. We were over last weekend and only bothered checking cruciblesmooker.com the week before and pretty much got sorted every day, if you didn't mind going to the non-Selby match!!

Such a frustrating process. I'm giving up, will look again from February onwards maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Barry 'earn knows how to 'ype it up a notch or two. Good to see interest in the game but not if ordinary fans for snooker are losing out to touting sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Inviere

Selby is going to come out like a man on a mission, if Higgins is to stand any chance here, he needs to take a few early frames...

Job done!!

Front row, third row, third row for my usual sessions.

Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm very jealous of all going over! Have only been to a few matches, one that I remember in particular was Tony Drago v Paul Hunter in the Irish Masters :( I was such a huge fan a mate of mine robbed Paul's water glass when they had finished playing and gave it to me. Still have it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Have the pockets got bigger since hearn took over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'm very jealous of all going over! Have only been to a few matches, one that I remember in particular was Tony Drago v Paul Hunter in the Irish Masters :( I was such a huge fan a mate of mine robbed Paul's water glass when they had finished playing and gave it to me. Still have it today.

Goffs was some venue has to be said, definitely best snooker venue I've ever been to.

I'd have loved to have caught a few matches at the old Wembley Conference Center and Tempodrom in Berlin to see how it compares because they're usually the other 2 venues that make up the top 3.

Last match I saw in the Irish Masters was Ken v John Parrott. In hindsight, it's mental they awarded Ken the title that year when Ronnie failed his drug test for smoking weed.

Interesting little trivia:

The 1998 Irish Masters was the only event that Ronnie played Jimmy, Hendry and Higgins in consecutive rounds.

Have the pockets got bigger since hearn took over?

Same pocket templates have been used since 1991.

A combination of table heaters, better cloths and better balls means the balls slide in off the jaws more than they used to on fresh cloths but it's been the same template for 25+ years.

Job done!!

Delighted.

Well done! I managed to get back in and get my evening session tickets sorted as well, we've been relegated to row H for that one but still a pretty decent spot with a view of both tables and I've got both of the sessions I was looking for that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Never went to the Crucible before so decided I'd go next year. Wanted middle weekend but no joy. Got tickets for the first Tuesday (afternoon and evening) and Wednesday morning of the first week. Annoying I'll have to take 2 days off work but happy to have some. Row M for all.

• Advertisement

Would it not be annoying for the players having Ken and the rest in messing around just before they kick off?

Let's go John!

Come on Mark!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Never went to the Crucible before so decided I'd go next year. Wanted middle weekend but no joy. Got tickets for the first Tuesday (afternoon and evening) and Wednesday morning of the first week. Annoying I'll have to take 2 days off work but happy to have some. Row M for all.

Tickets are selling out already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

And he's blown it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Job done!!

Delighted.

Well done MD,
    I managed to get tickets for a session of the semi final and the the first day of of the final.
    Roll on next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

That pink had no business going in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

zuutroy wrote: »
    That pink had no business going in.

Very surprised it dropped

Advertisement