Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Selby making me eat my words, really thought Higgins would pull clear! Fair play to him.

If John can't get out of this mini-session at least 2-2 he's in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

They'll do well to finish up by 6 here. Then back on again just after 7. Who gets worn down easiest then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Memories of Ebdon v Dott.

Robertson Dott was tough old drag too.

Robertson Dott was tough old drag too.

1996 was the worst of the lot I think. Hendry v Ebdon.

Peter's highest break in the entire match was 79 and Hendry made 1 century in 30 frames.

Pulling teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

With the big colours tied up this could take a very long time.

Edit: maybe not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Gonna call a 18-15 for Selby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Does this match end tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Does this match end tonight?

Yeah, it will

Reminds me of that football cliché about 2 attacking teams cancelling each other out and ending up a 0-0 draw.

I know many predicted a slow, boring match but I doubt many predicted the lack of breaks. 2 centuries in 22 frames :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

It's fairly monotonous stuff alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If Selby wins this frame, you'd fancy him to strangle the life out of this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

miketv wrote: »
    Yes it should be good, I've been saying for years I must do it. I managed row G for the Saturday and at the back row P for the final. I have not been before so must work out all the logistics now. I assume for those of you who have been there previously, flying to Manchester then a train to sheffield is the way to go?

Yeah fly Dublin to Manchester and train to Sheffield is the handiest.

Can fly to Doncaster/Sheffield airport and get a taxi to Doncaster train station and then train to Sheffield either.

Selby just needs another 20 points. Make sure they get last frame off before 5.15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Absolutely delighted with Selby's reaction. Fantastic stuff. The snooker isn't great but I love a come back. Needs to keep it going this evening too. 12-11 Selby

I can't see Higgins coming back from this afternoon session :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Some turnaround.

Higgins missed the boat yesterday. 12-7 or so would have been hard to come back from. Hard to see a way back for him now.

Selby has won 8 of the last 9 frames.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Selby is hard to catch once he gets his nose in front, given his form today it's hard to see a way back for Higgins now.

1996 was the worst of the lot I think. Hendry v Ebdon.

Peter's highest break in the entire match was 79 and Hendry made 1 century in 30 frames.

Pulling teeth.

Peter Ebdon was such a trial to watch. He was the real "torturer"

You'd have to say this is looking like a capitulation from John.

That easy pink that Higgins missed yesterday really was the turning point. He needs to get out of the arena and clear his head now, I'd say he's raging he didn't get to go on the mid session interval after the last frame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

You can only admire Selby. It ain't pretty, but it's effective. Sure won't inspire anyone to take up a cue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Great comment by Virgo earlier, they were discussing the super slo-mo camera shot and he said " we didn't have slo-mo back in the day but we did have Terry Griffiths" The crowd picked up the comment on their headphones and a ripple of laughter went through the spectators and had to be shushed by the referee :D:D:D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

9 of the last 10 frames Selby has won...love to see Highins win the title.

Higgins has to seriously regroup and clear his head. Don't see him coming back though. He has to take the first 2 frames of the final session to put some doubt into Selby's mind. Selby doesn't really seem to let anything get to him though - that's one of the reasons he's been at the top for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Brilliant :)

• Advertisement

Lucky to be pulled off woulda been 18-11 Selby the way it was going (still might be).

Advertisement