Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,875 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah Jaysus. Nothing is going right for Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I think its the commentators total bias towards Higgins is putting me more firmly in Selby's camp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

He is not the only one. I mean take Robertson in his match against Ding he was celebrating before the frame was over and every shot after that

Oh I know, and I'm willing to acknowledge my dislike of Selby might be totally irrational, I just can't get past it. (I don't like Robertson either FWIW :P ). Selby is a cracking player, and has shown real character to come back in this final, it's just part of me would love to see Higgins resurge and batter him. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Come on Ding!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Oh I know, and I'm willing to acknowledge my dislike of Selby might be totally irrational, I just can't get past it. (I don't like Robertson either FWIW :P ). Selby is a cracking player, and has shown real character to come back in this final, it's just part of me would love to see Higgins resurge and batter him. :o

I would love to higgins to win myself but the total bias cheer-leading by the commentators want Shelby to win t

• Advertisement

Finally Higgins gets some luck today. He needs this badly or it is over.

I think its the commentators total bias towards Higgins is putting me more firmly in Selby's camp
    They want the final to keep going.

John Virgo is being totally ott in being partisan to Higgins right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Ya I think they just don't want to see a complete collapse from any player.

would be a shocker for Selby to take this frame though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I think he's a great player, I just can't put my finger on why he irritates me. I think I've just got it into my head that he's a bit of a gowl, and everything he does reinforces that perception, whether warranted or not. I mean, take his reaction beating Ding in the semi, t'was perfectly reasonable realistically, but it just feeds into the image I have of him. :o

He does have the head of a villain on him especially with his current hair. The looking up at the balcony has died down a bit today, maybe the Hendry and Davis criticism yesterday got to him.

Still an unbelievable player to watch with the intensity he plays at and the capability he has of pulling off really special shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

The match needs Higgins to win this frame

No they have been firmly behind higgins from the go. I am sure they may want it to go as long as possible but last night they were in rapture that Higgins may win it with a session to spare.

there are ways to want to say you would like it to continue how they are doing it is not 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

This is very difficult to watch at the moment, Higgins still can't get going at all

He does have the head of a villain on him especially with his current hair. The looking up at the balcony has died down a bit today, maybe the Hendry and Davis criticism yesterday got to him.

Still an unbelievable player to watch with the intensity he plays at and the capability he has of pulling off really special shots.

Maybe because he is winning and go confidence I do not think its because what 2 people said. I think people are taking 2 much or that unless Hendry and Davis had not mentioned it no one here would have noticed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Well done Higgins, needed that. Has let Mark back in already though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's mental from selby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Still a bit of life left in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Selby red wasn't really on last frame. Pushed the boat out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Maybe because he is winning and go confidence I do not think its because what 2 people said. I think people are taking 2 much or that unless Hendry and Davis had not mentioned it no one here would have noticed it

He normally does it when winning too though usually with a grin before or after playing a great shot, it is noticeable today how little he is doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

My ma doesn't like his eyes, good a reason as any.

Ya I think they just don't want to see a complete collapse from any player.
    And that's fair enough really. It's the biggest match of the snooker year and one player collapsing isn't nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Higgins really needs to win the next frame to stay in touch

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Such an anti-climax.

I love when the BBC commentators make the crowd laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

I love when the BBC commentators make the crowd laugh.

-_-

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

There's always a chance Selby will tighten up a bit and make a few mistakes when he gets closer to finish line. But Higgins needs to play a bit better

• Advertisement

That'll hurt. Snuck in behind the green.

Advertisement