Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

in the final the players have rarely got a good result when going into the reds to split them imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Good to include David Vine and Ted Lowe's last commentary in 1996.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Cmon I want some late night 18-17 drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Nice highlights reel from last 40 years during mid session interval. Is it just me who thinks the Crucible looked better with the big globe that said "World Snooker"?

The set up of the arena from the 1990's was brilliant.Looked a lot more classy than todays version.

only 2 centuries in the final so far after 29 frames - must be pretty low.

• Advertisement

good frame from Higgins

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great break, shame he didn't wake up a bit earlier than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Another frame here for Higgins will put a few doubts in Selby's head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Great shot and only 2 attempts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Good to see John trying to come back. I don't mind who wins but I hate an early finish.
    I haven't missed a final since Alex Higgins last won it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Said to the lads that Taylor was due his 'as long as your opponent needs two frames' line, and they were the next words out of his mouth. Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Higgins didn't exactly have many clear cut chances, it's not as if he was left plum in the balls every frame and missing.... he was just totally outplayed by Selby for a long stretch.

Winning this frame would make it very interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Great break by John, wonder if he can find more of that in this frame. It would still take something to beat Mark Selby though.

Selby's safety play is just very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

He seems to be getting his form back a bit, could do with some luck in the next couple of frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

John Higgins getting his mojo back!

Selby's shot down the right hand cushion looked like it drifted off slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Higgins showing some serious bottle here.

has to take this chance here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

The set up of the arena from the 1990's was brilliant.Looked a lot more classy than todays version.

Did Embassy have rights to that kind of setup with the globe and colouring? Because once their sponsorship ended the globe disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ah no maximum :(

Ah no maximum :(

sure it's not worth it :)
    last thing on his mind I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Did Embassy have rights to that kind of setup with the globe and colouring? Because once their sponsorship ended the globe disappeared.

I don't know but that's probably a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It's foolish I know, but I'm starting to believe Higgins might do it again... :o

He does need this next frame though. If Selby goes to within 1 while he's still this far back, it's over.

This is getting interesting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

What did Higgins drink in the interval? Class stuff in these 2 frames since. Could indeed be a late night ahead...

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    It's foolish I know, but I'm starting to believe Higgins might do it again... :o

He does need this next frame though. If Selby goes to within 1 while he's still this far back, it's over.

Yeah as long as selby is two away John Higgins has a bit of room to play with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Brilliant stuff, more please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Ah damn it.

Advertisement