Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I thought it did hit, black moving ever so slightly. But with camera shake, I'd still not be 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Looked like it touched the black to me. If Higgins wins this frame that would be a massive decision.

made it tough on himself there... costly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

You have to say, fair play to everyone involved there tbh. Like, the ref called it, it was queried, he went to replays, was about to overrule his decision (at which point I believe Selby asked John if he wanted to see the replay just to be sure), and then the ref made a strong decision.

It's almost as if video technology doesn't take that long to look at and invariably makes things easier for referees, eh soccer?

Have looked back at recording and black does seem to rock slightly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You have to say, fair play to everyone involved there tbh. Like, the ref called it, it was queried, he went to replays, was about to overrule his decision (at which point I believe Selby asked John if he wanted to see the replay just to be sure), and then the ref made a strong decision.

It's almost as if video technology doesn't take that long to look at and invariably makes things easier for referees, eh soccer?

And I think it was John who was the one who immediately asked if Jan could look at the video.

Have looked back at recording and black does seem to rock slightly

that's what I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

This might turn into a great final yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Fair play to Higgins. Looked dead and buried...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Wow if Higings wins this frame it changes everything. Come on Higgins !

• Advertisement

Selby almost got really lucky there.

They needed more camera angles to be shown on that black ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Poor 'aul ref would badly want some Sudafed or something for that cough. :pac:

I'd say they'll look at it in studio after this frame

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Fair play to Higgins, somehow gathered himself together and has made a game of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

On one replay it clearly touched the black. In the box they confirmed, but I think the ref back tracked that he was getting a second opinion and he shouldn't in that case. So he went back to original decision.which maybe was a bit jobsworth. Which I believe was in error. He may have been afraid of higgins challenging it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jaysus, Higgins could win this!

showed some serious bottle there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

The black ball moved I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It touched!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

definite hit on the replay

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

First to 18, no decider necessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

This would be sick if a player who should never have played again goes on to win after a decision like that

That side shot from distance is the best view, right call.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Like the Superbowl this has gone from being dead to a thriller very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Game on now!!

probably didn't hit it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Wouldn't be a decider, it's first to 18!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

The cue ball rocked slightly but it could be a dimple in the table either. Very hard to see exactly. Either way the refs made his decision so you have to accept that.

Advertisement