Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

Wilson leading 12-10 now.

He has got at least 3/4 long pots from Bingham's break offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

3 things in that last frame sum up Murphy for me:

1. Decision to take on the final red. Was a one in three shot, no percentage at all in it and should have cost him the frame.

2. Decision not to take on the yellow after Ronnie missed the brown. Not an easy pot admittedly, probably a one in five, or maybe a one in six, still the percentage is more on his side this time, but instead turns it down to play an average safety shot.

3. Missing the green with the rest. No analysis required.

Yep. Murphy's risk/reward calculator has been askew.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Brilliant session between Ding and Wenbo excellent standard with a lot of high breaks, Wenbo stealing that last frame really sets it up nicely going into tomorrow, I think both this and Murphy/O'Sullivan are supposed to finish at the same time which is a shame cos I'd love to see both.

Seems like Bingham two years ago was just a once off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ding and Ronnie matches are on the same table. Same half of the draw. So they won't be playing at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Talking about ray reardons big breaks

Looking at that red that Murphy dropped in the opening frame reardon would have scored way better nowadays

That was some contact Murphy had on the red in the last frame, with the balls scattered beautifully. Ronnie one away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

That was some contact Murphy had on the red in the last frame, with the balls scattered beautifully. Ronnie one away now.
    It looked like a brutal kick. He looked in shock at the end of the frame. Fair play to him for not waving the white flag at 6:2 down and again starting off this morning.
    On the other table Mark Allen needs to stop Higgins' momentum asap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Ronnie through.. Looks like he is up for it this year.. When he is on form, the long format suits his game..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Hope Ebdon doesn't continue in this slot. His effusive, exaggerated praise of seemingly EVERY player is complete filler. And Taylor's breathing is getting louder every year! My next post will be about the snooker - I promise.

I like that the original snooker theme tune is back at end of the coverage. The BBC had so many iconic, bang on, theme tunes that evoke the scene around the sport.

Tommorow night at 9 on bbc 2 Steve Davis has a programme on 40 years at the crucible. That is followed by the rack pack film, I am yet to see.

Add in top gear at 8, snooker on the red, and updates on the french election. Compelling choice for sunday evening.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Well there is 'the chain' by fleetwood mac for f1. Ski sunday is a great tune also. Something called 'pop looks bach'. Which was written for the 1976 winter olympics coverage and they kept it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Higgins is in top form, he hasn't looked this good in a good while. It is shaping up to be the best world championship in a few years.

Liang has a bit of a cough, but it should be a cracking session.

I remember it. They used it late night mostly, and it had that late night at the crucible feel. Could never challenge the pacey drag racer. I saw a clip on you tube and it was only about 81 or 82 that they started using drag racer. They used some library music before that.

Speaking of music. Rory Mcleod walks on to jammin by Bob Marley. Good choice

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Excellent 147 chance here for Ding

Ah just didn't get the split right from the black on 80

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ding v Liang is an excellent match, it's a shame one of them has to go home after this.

Final frame decider

What a clearance by Ding to set up the final frame decider.

Ding over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

That was the sort of game Ding needed to build up his mental confidence, as others have said his record is terrible against Ronnie but he has the ability to beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

I think Ding is the more interesting opponent despite that.

Liang is too loose - will give Ronnie too many chances, but Ding is capable of tightening things up.
    Ronnie has lost that fear factor for a lot of the top players too.
    Hopefully, Ding will be able to play his best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I remember it. They used it late night mostly, and it had that late night at the crucible feel. Could never challenge the pacey drag racer. I saw a clip on you tube and it was only about 81 or 82 that they started using drag racer. They used some library music before that.

Speaking of music. Rory Mcleod walks on to jammin by Bob Marley. Good choice

Nothing can challenge Drag Racer imho. I remember the old music hall theme tune for Pot Black which was very popular in its day, but Drag Racer was a conscious attempt by the BBC to inject some serious energy into it and it was an inspired choice.

They did a very nice item on Doug Wood a couple of years back. I remember him telling the story of flying into Heathrow and talking to a customs official who seeing that he was a composer asked if he'd written anything good. Wood told him he'd done the music for snooker upon which the official started humming the tune and within seconds they were humming it too in the adjoining booths. It was the first time Wood truly realised how iconic the tune was.

Advertisement