Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

What happened there. Can anyone explain that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Another great call by Jan. Playing a blinder tonight under extreme pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

The correct call. It wasn't a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

tipped the green with his cue so a foul. But as he hit the red its not a miss and not a retake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Pretty poor from Higgins to foul the green in that way

What were the odds on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fouled the shot by his cue hitting the green. White hit the reds. Jan did not call a miss. Selby wanted it a miss. I would tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

What were the odds on that?

Ask Higgins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

glasso wrote: »
    bit too flippant there with the shot after the haggis joke!

Shows you the nonsense about wanting more characters in the game that used to go on for years.Higgins is humorous for a moment and then follows up with a poor shot.I'd imagine being a character when in the middle of a match might not be conducive to playing great snooker (or playing well in any sport).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

walshb wrote: »
    Fouled the shot by his cue hitting the green. White hit the reds. Jan did not call a miss. Selby wanted it a miss. I would tool

The miss rule is more about shot selection than shot execution.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

walshb wrote: »

Tbf to Selby the commentators thought it was a miss too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Higgins hit the green with his cue, but the cue ball hit the red, so it wasn't a miss, just a foul. You can only reset the shot if it was missed, which it wasn't in this case.

This has turned into a really good final to be fair. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Is that Vicky whatsherface (from the motorbike show).

Edit: sorry thinking of Suzi Perry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Stheno wrote: »
    Anyone else just enjoying the game?

I am enjoying the match but it is bittersweet as it feels wrong that Higgins is still playing the game. I used to love snooker. I watched the game a huge amount before that whole sage but most of my love for the game died when he wasn't kicked to the curb. It is always going to be a talking point when he is in a major final and rightly so I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Some pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Great pot to the middle Higgins !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Suzi Perry vroom vroom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

You mean Suzi Perry?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Could have been his last.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

I am enjoying the match but it is bittersweet as it feels wrong that Higgins is still playing the game. I used to love snooker. I watched the game a huge amount before that whole sage but a huge part of that love for the game died when wasn't kicked to the curb. It is always going to be a talking point when he is in a major final and rightly so I think.

Careful, that sort of talk isn't welcome here apparently. The mods will shut you down. No opinions please... especially on cheaters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Great red in the middle. Higgins was always a steady cue under the cosh

• Advertisement

I am enjoying the match but it is bittersweet as it feels wrong that Higgins is still playing the game. I used to love snooker. I watched the game a huge amount before that whole sage but most of my love for the game died when wasn't kicked to the curb. It is always going to be a talking point when he is in a major final and rightly so I think.

So sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Nah, that's Jan Verhaas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I am enjoying the match but it is bittersweet as it feels wrong that Higgins is still playing the game. I used to love snooker. I watched the game a huge amount before that whole sage but most of my love for the game died when he wasn't kicked to the curb. It is always going to be a talking point when he is in a major final and rightly so I think.

Tribunal cleared him NEXT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Shows you the nonsense about wanting more characters in the game that used to go on for years.Higgins is humorous for a moment and then follows up with a poor shot.I'd imagine being a character when in the middle of a match might not be conducive to playing great snooker (or playing well in any sport).

Usain Bolt
    Goran Ivanesevic
    Blanka Vlasic
    Muhammad Ali

All achieved at the top level, and entertained along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Regardless of the outcome - huge respect for Higgins here. Most players would have buckled tonight.

ah darn, he's done that a few times. makes a great chance and then bad positioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Earleybird wrote: »
    Careful, that sort of talk isn't welcome here apparently. The mods will shut you down. No opinions please... especially on cheaters

All you've contributed in this thread is four posts relating to the Higgins incident.

Maybe if you had a bit more to say about the game your view might hold more weight.

If you've no interest discussing the game, maybe piss off somewhere else?

It's a done deal now realistically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,139 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Higgy had a chance and blew it

Advertisement