Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I cannot stand John Higgins..........should have been banned for life from the game...........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

If you think Higgins should have got a life ban then I guess you'd have to think Stephen Lee, who actually was caught match fixing, got off lightly with 10 years or whatever it was. Should probably have got life imprisonment at a minimum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

An in form Higgins is almost as unbeatable as in form Ronnie O'Sullivan. The biggest question with both of them is if they can keep their form up for another 3 long games which might be tough at their age.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Higgins is really up for this, hard to see a way back for Allen with the form he's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

The murdoch scum manipulated the recordings to make it sound worse too. He was still in the wrong and was rightly punished but he didn't fix any games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Inviere

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I cannot stand John Higgins..........should have been banned for life from the game...........

He was intentionally set up by a gutter rag, his only crime is not reporting it the minute he got off the plane. John is a legend of the game, and we're lucky to have him still producing quality like he's doing. Mark Allen on the other hand...moan, moan, moan...can't stand him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Inviere wrote: »
    He was intentionally set up by a gutter rag, his only crime is not reporting it the minute he got off the plane. John is a legend of the game, and we're lucky to have him still producing quality like he's doing. Mark Allen on the other hand...moan, moan, moan...can't stand him

rubbish... he sat there taking it all in while not knowing he was being filmed, he could and easily got up at anytime and told the briber to go **** himself, but he did not, him and his agent sat there greedily listening to the money they could earn by cheating...

The murdoch scum manipulated the recordings to make it sound worse too. He was still in the wrong and was rightly punished but he didn't fix any games.

Yes. In a nutshell. Tiring how this same cr@p has to rear its ugly head at the same time every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Inviere

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    rubbish... he sat there taking it all in while not knowing he was being filmed, he could and easily got up at anytime and told the briber to go **** himself, but he did not, him and his agent sat there greedily listening to the money they could earn by cheating...

In a foreign country, alone, burly heads all over the place...said he felt very intimidated and I believe him. Don't take the version of the video at face value, it's been heavily edited to play into the media bias. He's a 4 time world champ and a millionaire, he'd zero need to get involved in match fixing, and had everything to lose by doing it. A gutter rag and greedy manager set him up

• Advertisement

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Thats true. I doubt he will be holding his breath for an invite onto the Legends tour anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

50 stone, more like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Stephen Lee is working out of China at the moment where he has set up a snooker academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Higgins 12:9 up now. He was 68:0 in that last frame but weren't there 3 or 4 reds left? Why didn't Allen come to the table? How many reds were there?

Higgins 12:9 up now. He was 68:0 in that last frame but weren't there 3 or 4 reds left? Why didn't Allen come to the table? How many reds were there?

He'd gone in off, needed 3 snookers and I'm sure he'd stuck a red over a pocket too.

Was a quality match. Just his safety wasn't good enough in the end, and that is frustrating because Allen could be a good safety player if he concentrated hard enough.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Higgins was brilliant to watch tonight, if he keeps that form up he'll reach the final at the very least given he's on the easier side of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Higgins was brilliant to watch tonight, if he keeps that form up he'll reach the final at the very least given he's on the easier side of the draw.

Wilson won't be a pushover in the Q/F

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Commentators mentioned that the No1 seed (who plays his first game in full on the opening Saturday) usually starts his second round game on the Thursday, but this year Selbys second round game hasn't started until Saturday.
    But they didn't give a reason why.

Has anyone seen an actual reason for this schedule this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Have a feeling Kyron Wilson will play either Ronnie or Selby in final. Which means it will be two different players there. Select at random.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Commentators mentioned that the No1 seed (who plays his first game in full on the opening Saturday) usually starts his second round game on the Thursday, but this year Selbys second round game hasn't started until Saturday.

I think it just means Selby will play pretty much every day to monday week if he makes the final. Would think it's best to have a few breaks in play given how draining it gets in the semis and final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Barry Hearn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think it just means Selby will play pretty much every day to monday week if he makes the final. Would think it's best to have a few breaks in play given how draining it gets in the semis and final

I know what it means - I was more just wondering if there was a good reason 'why' this particularly noticeable change has happened as they generally follow the exact same schedule every year. Not a big deal, just the kinda thing that bugs me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who is black guy playing Maguire, why does he have an ISIS patch on his shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Who is black guy playing Maguire, why does he have an ISIS patch on his shirt.

Don't want to take the bait but he's been a pro for many years, love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

.....I was hoping for Liang to face Ronnie...master and protege I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I've seen a few comments about the BBC coverage on her. My advice is pay the money for the Eurosport player if you don't have it on your TV package. Almost every frame live and no John Virgo.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Brian? wrote: »
    I've seen a few comments about the BBC coverage on her. My advice is pay the money for the Eurosport player if you don't have it on your TV package. Almost every frame live and no John Virgo.

love the Eurosport coverage...its free on Virgin anyway...Jimmy White as a pundit!!!! I love Jimmy White.
    BBC bores me Ebdon on there now...I Like Hendry though...Jimmy,Ronnie and Colin Murray were drinking whiskey with lad from the rolling stones last year on air:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement