Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

At least the curtain will be up from the start so they can see Fu v Robertson, though I'm not sure what the viewing angles are like for the far table.
    But on balance I think if I was them I'd prefer that to for instance Maguire 12 McLeod 4 being the score and getting 1 or 2 frames of that instead.

Yeah I'm not sure what the process is. I imagine they can apply for a refund if there is no play on their table or have the option of going and watching the other side. There's no bad seats in there really, I sat in the very back row for a second on my way out the other day just to see what it was like and you still have a decent view of the table.

Still disappointing to get 3 frames on your table but I guess that's the gamble of final sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

mdwexford wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not sure what the process is. I imagine they can apply for a refund if there is no play on their table or have the option of going and watching the other side. There's no bad seats in there really, I sat in the very back row for a second on my way out the other day just to see what it was like and you still have a decent view of the table.

Still disappointing to get 3 frames on your table but I guess that's the gamble of final sessions.

At least the Old Australian fan in the front row will finally get to see Neil Robertson this year as his tickets were all for the other table so far. I'm Expecting to see his national flag tie on display tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

This could be a 1am job at this rate. Very nervy few frames.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's like two completely different lads playing in comparison to the session last night.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Fu badly needs the next one, could be a session whitewash if Robertson gets going.

• Advertisement

Great break by Fu, that's more like last night.

Great break by Fu, that's more like last night.
    Yes, great break and back to parity.

First two frames took 90 mins, last two took 20 mins, sets it up nicely for a big finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Does this finish tonight?

Does this finish tonight?

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Lovely drama going on now.

Robertson giving it the big one after the black.

Going to be a lot of missed balls over the next few frames.

Epic drama. Can't believe that red Marco missed earlier in that frame when seemingly coasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Marco seems to be getting nervous. His play isn't flowing like it was a few frames ago. I can see it being a final frame decider though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Anyone know how ya can get the bbc coverage on sky box via manually tuning?
    Don't have eurosport

I can see this being tight to the end but I think Fu's nerves will give out before Robertson's.

Hope Im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Robertson should have closed out that frame, once he had a bit of luck. Fu fouling the pink and Neil avoided an in off.

Likely to be Fu from here on out

Watched all yesterday's matches between Fu and Robertson and it was brilliant viewing. Missed the evening session as was having a few drinks but back home in time to see it was 10 all. Been enthralling viewing.
    I would like Fu to win but TBH if Robertson wins, I would not be disappointed. Impossible to say who will win.

Anyone know how ya can get the bbc coverage on sky box via manually tuning?
    Don't have eurosport

Here you go. I found it on another thread and it works, just select bbc rb1 and you'll get Taylor and Parrott

1. Go to the "add channels" page in the services menu, and enter the following configuration:
    Frequency: 10.773
    Polarisation: H
    Symbol rate (Mbaud): 22.0
    FEC: 5/6
    Standard: DVB-S
    Modulation scheme: QPSK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Peter File wrote: »
    Here you go. I found it on another thread and it works, just select bbc rb1 and you'll get Taylor and Parrott

1. Go to the "add channels" page in the services menu, and enter the following configuration:
    Frequency: 10.773
    Polarisation: H
    Symbol rate (Mbaud): 22.0
    FEC: 5/6
    Standard: DVB-S
    Modulation scheme: QPSK

Thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What a kick for Fu when on verge of winning

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    What a kick for Fu when on verge of winning

So so unlucky to get a kick there

I don't particularly like Robertson anyway but it would suck if Fu lost for that kick.

A great chance thrown away by Fu there

Some pressure on the yellow. The pot was difficult too

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This is Ludacris
    MV5BMjEwMTU3MDkzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzc2NjM5MQ@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Such drama

Whatever about the kick, Fu's messed up a couple of times since. Some drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He missed and loses the game,
    Geez
    Hit it to hard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭tanko

How many chances does Robertson need to win a frame?

• Advertisement

Delighted!

You'd swear Robertson had it won the way he acted a couple of frames ago, lost concentration and Fu capitalized.

Advertisement