Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

amazing game. Well done Fu. A true gentleman. How Robertson will regret his outburst after winning his 11th frame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Incredible snooker this evening, and a brilliant black by Fu to finish it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭tanko

Peter File wrote: »
    amazing game. Well done Fu. A true gentleman. How Robertson will regret his outburst after winning his 11th frame

What did he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

That was brilliant
    So much drama

tanko wrote: »
    What did he do?

A huge roar, jump and thumped the table. Reminded me of Selby

https://twitter.com/WorldSnooker1/status/856610776286547968

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Absolutely delighted for Marco Fu. And I hope he trounces Selby.

PS Good to see the BBC doing studio coverage on red button . About bloody time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Fu has already put in some mileage , out again at 14:30 against Selby tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Fu is an absolute gentleman

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Balls of steel by Fu to get that, would love to see him go on to win it but Selby then Ding/Ronnie might be a bit too much for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

This top half might beat each other up so much in the next two round that by the final someone like Hawkins is likely to come in far the fresher. Nobodies attitude has impressed me more than his so far this tournament, think he'll have the least trouble making the semi's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Controversial maybe but I don't like Fu after the "not calling himself on a foul" incident.
    I was rooting for Robertson.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I'd love to see Fu go all the way, if no other reason than to see how he celebrates winning the World Championship. I imagine he'll nod slight and politely shake the losers hand.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Controversial maybe but I don't like Fu after the "not calling himself on a foul" incident.

There is no way he noticed, it was the slightest graze against the ball from his waistcoast which is quite loose from his body and also has a shirt in between. Delighted he won though and was quite humble in victory. Hope he absolutely destroys Selby

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

What a game last night. It's funny that a match with so much scrappiness and misses can provide so much entertainment.

Delighted for Fu. I thought Robertsons outburst after going ahead seemed to give Marco more of a boost than himself.

Marco is an absolute gent. Backed him to win the tournament at the start, so I'm glad he's still there for that reason too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Fu ain't no fool. His shot on the yellow was as wild as I've seen but his overall temperament is right there and getting better. A man for the big occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

There is no way he noticed, it was the slightest graze against the ball from his waistcoast which is quite loose from his body and also has a shirt in between. Delighted he won though and was quite humble in victory. Hope he absolutely destroys Selby

I completely agree, there is no way he could have known he touched it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

gitzy16v wrote: »
    BDJW wrote: »
    I completely agree, there is no way he could have known he touched it

I think the poster was referring to Marco Fu moving a red with his finger against Mark Selby last year. He didn't call a foul on himself although he clearly would have been able to feel it. He played dumb in the press conference afterwards.

He definitely wouldn't have felt the waistcoat one last night. Though his integrity was never called in to question on that one as Jan Verhass called it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ding looking in top form so far this morning.

• Advertisement

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

3-0 Ding.

One chance and its frame over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

mdwexford wrote: »
    People who got tickets for table two today would have gotten 3 frames this afternoon and a complete blank this evening. Horrible luck.

The afternoon session was great. They brought out Ebdon and Denis Taylor to play and virgo commentating, was great fun actually.

Rob Walker did the introductions as normal, but "this time you can leave your phones on, this time you can do whatever yous want"

The afternoon session was great. They brought out Ebdon and Denis Taylor to play and virgo commentating, was great fun actually.

Rob Walker did the introductions as normal, but "this time you can leave your phones on, this time you can do whatever yous want"

Oh good, glad to hear it.

This really is total snooker.

El Clasico of the snooker world.

Looking like being another classic. This has been my most enjoyable championship in years. The other game is looking good as well with Wilson recovering from 2 down to draw level.

3-3.

Think Ding needs one of the next two. To go from 3 up to 5-3 behind at the end of the session won't be good for the confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Ding and Ronnie 3 - 3.

• Advertisement

4:3 Ding

Advertisement