Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helmet Offers?

Options
  • 13-04-2017 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Anyone seen any good deals on helmets?
    Upgrading my helmet as I can't get replacement pads and it's looking a little tired.
    Mainly used for sportifs etc not for racing.
    Budget 50-60

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Planst X usually have good deals on their own brand and others!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Look online for UK retailers not registered for VAT in Ireland (CRC and Wiggle will apply Irish VAT) - 20% or so discount built in so if you can get free delivery you are very likely to pick up something a lot cheaper than in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Decathlon in Belfast has this nice-looking Giro helmet with lots of air space - others will review its competence, but I use a MIPS Giro and like it; the MIPS was important to me (in theory it allows the brain to roll within the head in case of a head bang, lessening the chance of head injury). Decathlon has a coupl eof MIPS helmets, but they're for skiing.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/angon-road-cycling-helmet-id_8382590.html

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

Chuchote wrote: »
    Decathlon in Belfast has this nice-looking Giro helmet with lots of air space - others will review its competence, but I use a MIPS Giro and like it; the MIPS was important to me (in theory it allows the brain to roll within the head in case of a head bang, lessening the chance of head injury). Decathlon has a coupl eof MIPS helmets, but they're for skiing.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/angon-road-cycling-helmet-id_8382590.html

I've had enough bangs to the head from last 18years full contact kickboxing.
    Not sure i have much left to protect

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

koutoubia wrote: »
    Planst X usually have good deals on their own brand and others!

Any recommendations on their site?
    Loads of options with my fat mallet head I'm not sure of what sizing is like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Beasty wrote: »
    Look online for UK retailers not registered for VAT in Ireland (CRC and Wiggle will apply Irish VAT)
    If you see a good deal on those sites you can use parcelmotel/parcelwizard/addresspal/parcelconnect for delivery, they are about 4euro to use and should be no VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Check out sportpursuit website as well - some good offers on Lazer and Northwave helmets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Any recommendations on their site?
    Loads of options with my fat mallet head I'm not sure of what sizing is like

Look at the Briko Fuoco on Planet X. For some reason PX are able to sell them half the price of anywhere else. I have one and it's very very comfortable and looks excellent. I have the red/white/black version. Very impressed with it.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HEBRFURDH/briko-fuoco-road-helmet

Advertisement