Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile signal

• 13-04-2017 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

can anybody tell me of a good mobile phone signal booster for a fishing boat vodaphone network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

None, they're illegal. Wait another year and comreg are going to permit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 gearoid!

can anybody tell me of a good mobile phone signal booster for a fishing boat Vodaphone network

I think it would be legal this September, but I haven't read any proof of this yet. When this happens, you could buy one from Huaptec.

In the meantime, you can check on this High Gain Antenna Model for Boats and Yachts, it should help improve your signal reception. Model name is Omni-291, it's an all-weather GSM/3G/LTE/WiFI Antenna:
    https://www.novatel.ie/trade/lte-gsm/omni-291-gsm-4g-lte-external-antenna-for-boats

Vodafone operates on band 900/1800Mhz for GSM Application, and the antenna I posted above can surely work on this band since it can cover bands 690 - 960 & 1710 - 2700 MHz.

Advertisement