Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCD Burnt out car ?

• 13-04-2017 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

I drove recently through UCD from the Stillorgan road to Ranelagh.

Along the way on that road, just before the James Joyce library I spotted a fenced off terrible looking wreck of a burnt out car.

I searched Google and the news but cant find any details .

Does anyone know what happened ? The car, (granted I didnt stop to look deeper) looked like some sort of boy racer car with alloys etc . It was so burnt out that the engine was separate at the front. Was the car burnt out , abandoned and set fire to by joyriders , used for a crime then burned ? (probably unlikely as UCD is saturated with Security cameras). Or God forbid was there a serious accident ? ... now it could be an art project. Stranger things have happened.

Does anyone know what happened ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭caviardreams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Thats the car . And damn , thats one serious electrical fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,485 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Looks like a BMW? There seems to be a lot of the front crash structure missing, that's a bit unusual. Could the fire brigade have cut a section off?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Looks like a BMW? There seems to be a lot of the front crash structure missing, that's a bit unusual. Could the fire brigade have cut a section off?

I didnt get a look for more than 10 seconds but the engine block was clearly exposed in the front with no sign of a bumper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Was definitely a BMW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭davemeade1

It was a BMW, the driver pulled over when he noticed smoke. Was a ball of flames soon after he got out. No accident or anything. Any damage to the car was done by fire or fire brigade.

Was this a modern car with loads of electronics built in ? I'm wondering now at what possible death traps a supposedly safer modern car could be. Having a kid strapped into the back and a child lock you can't switch off due to the same electrical fault is a daunting prospect . I'm glad I always keep a small fire extinguisher in the boot .

Advertisement