Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solution for immersion tank?

Options
  • 13-04-2017 8:59pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I got my Nest on the Electric Ireland offer and I'm pretty happy, but sadly it won't heat my water separately to turning on the full heating

Any solutions for running an electric immersion?
    Currently I just have a bog standard on/off switch on the wall in the hallway.

If there isn't a smart solution (ala Nest) is there anything suitable that could control an electric immersion for sink/bath and on/off on a timer system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Cabaal wrote: »
    So I got my Nest on the Electric Ireland offer and I'm pretty happy, but sadly it won't heat my water separately to turning on the full heating

Any solutions for running an electric immersion?
    Currently I just have a bog standard on/off switch on the wall in the hallway.

If there isn't a smart solution (ala Nest) is there anything suitable that could control an electric immersion for sink/bath and on/off on a timer system?

Climote do an Immersion switch. Electric ireland are offering these for free to customers who sign up to the switch off and save scheme. I was all set up and had the engineer at my door to install when he told me that he had to wall mount the climote and isolater outside of the immersion cupboard. This was a no go for me as this cupboard is in the guest room (Air bandb) and I dont want them to have ready access to the controls. Plus It would look crap on the wall on its own. Much prefer to have them hidden (where they currently are) out of sight and control via the phone. So in short I had to turn away the engineer.

So you can call Electric ireland and see if you can join or you can purchase directly from Climote. One major issue I have with climote is that there is no integration with any other IOT products via ifttt, yonomi, stringify etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Caillte wrote: »
    So you can call Electric ireland and see if you can join or you can purchase directly from Climote. One major issue I have with climote is that there is no integration with any other IOT products via ifttt, yonomi, stringify etc.

Yes, overall IOT ecosystem support, IFTTT, yonomi, stringify, GHome, Alexa has become key now for me with all IOT purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 goalposts

bk wrote: »
    Yes, overall IOT ecosystem support, IFTTT, yonomi, stringify, GHome, Alexa has become key now for me with all IOT purchases.
    Probably a little late here, but with IFTTT, Tasker, Join, AutoInput on android, you can get some automation on Climote.

Advertisement