Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawke sidewinder

Options
  • 13-04-2017 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Was in the local gunsmiths today and a lad had just traded in a hawke sidewinder 30 4-16x50 which is in a1 condition seems like a very good scope for what the asking price is was hinking of putting it on a 243 has anyone any experience with these scopes es if never owned one rifle is used for deer hunting and some fox control thanks Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sniperman

Tommyaya4 wrote: »
    Was in the local gunsmiths today and a lad had just traded in a hawke sidewinder 30 4-16x50 which is in a1 condition seems like a very good scope for what the asking price is was hinking of putting it on a 243 has anyone any experience with these scopes es if never owned one rifle is used for deer hunting and some fox control thanks Tommy
    i have a hawke vantage on my 223,find it very good,also have one on my .22lr,clear,no loss of zero,so im happy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Have the Sidewinder on a semi auto 223, bolt 223, and two 308s. Never any issues, holds zero, tracks perfectly.

Great scope for the money.

Only drawback is glass quality. Dont expect Zeiss clarity. It's price reflects this. You'll see perfectly fine and the quality out to say 500 yards is grand. Go longer ranges, say 700+, and you'll find a milky effect. As my shooting is nearly all under 300 yards and only one rifle is used out to 600 i have no such issues.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement