Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cul Camps - Feedback anyone?

Options
  • 13-04-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi
    There is a Cul Camp happening in my area over the Summer. Has anyone any experience with these camps? Just wondering how much 'experience' the child needs to have in GAA, and how intensive they are.
    Advice appreciated!
    L

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Anyone I know who has done them have loved them. It's not all GAA as far as I know. There's other fun and games too, and apparently the kit and bag they get is worth the money alone!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

LMFM wrote: »
    Hi
    There is a Cul Camp happening in my area over the Summer. Has anyone any experience with these camps? Just wondering how much 'experience' the child needs to have in GAA, and how intensive they are.
    Advice appreciated!
    L

They need 0 experience in sports and I found them brilliant .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

They're great fun and a great introduction to GAA if they don't play already. No experience necessary.
    The kit alone is great value.
    Just be advised that they don't do stuff like remind them to put on sunscreen if needed. That all has to be looked after by you before they start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

My lads did a wide variety of camps over the years and the Cul Camps were one of the best camps that they did and were great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lizzy8

Can 5 year olds do the camp? They look great

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Have a look on the website.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Children usually have to be 6. It would be a tough day for a 5 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,627 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Our oldest boy had a great time last year, his first.
    His sister, 5, will be going with him this year too.

It helps if loads of their class mates and friends go too, which most seem to.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

Just a question.

If you register your child for the Cul Camp, do they e-mail back a confirmation that registration has been successful?

We registered a couple of weeks ago but haven't received any info back.

It's not starting until the 17th so there is still time.
    I did e-mail the the county coordinator just to check but did not receive a reply.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My lad is in the middle of his week in CUL Camp. He loves it. It's for all levels of experience from what I can see.

For the price we paid it really is great value, it's well run and the gear they got is really good quality.

No complaints here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Also in the middle of our first week doing it and my little one is really enjoying it too. Great value, and even better that she can do a second camp for I think only 35eur later in the summer !

Shorty, just checked and I got a confirmation email straight away when I booked. Our county have a Facebook page specifically for all the camps on over the summer so maybe check if where you live has one. They were very quick to reply to a Facebook message I sent with a question.

Advertisement