Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer repair

Options
  • 13-04-2017 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

My PC has developed a fault and needs to be repaired. Does anyone have any recommendations for anywhere local that do a good job and don't charge a fortune? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Not a recommendation but Castleknock Computers is in my area (according to Google Maps) and I've seen the vans.

I have had iPhone and iPad work done at Celtic Repairs in Coolmine Industrial Estate and been happy with the results.
    Phone: 683-1317
    It is in the front block that has Go Kids Go at the back, on the side facing Power City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Wouldn’t recommend Castleknock Computers

I was onto him about an issue outside my knowledge. Asked him how long to fix it as I didn’t want to be waiting ages, got a smart answer back. Also keeps changing the company name and has numerous facebook/websites set up, plus I see is shilling the old “android boxes”

What’s wrong with the pc? I could have a look for you

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

Sorry, been away for a few days so only getting back to this now. Thanks for the offer Jeff, I really appreciate it, but one of the IT guys in work said he'd take a look so I'm going to bring it in to him tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Straylight wrote:
    Sorry, been away for a few days so only getting back to this now. Thanks for the offer Jeff, I really appreciate it, but one of the IT guys in work said he'd take a look so I'm going to bring it in to him tomorrow.

No bother, hopefully they sort your issues

Pm me if you're ever stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

daymobrew wrote: »

I have had iPhone and iPad work done at Celtic Repairs in Coolmine Industrial Estate and been happy with the results.
    Phone: 683-1317
    It is in the front block that has Go Kids Go at the back, on the side facing Power City.
    +1 for Celtic, very decent and up front to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

Thanks all for the suggestions and offers of help. Turns out the graphics card was fried, but luckily the guy in work had an old one lying around that he was able to throw into it so I'm back up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

May I ask what's wrong with the computer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Graphics card was dead

So it's fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'm curious why you are asking about stuff that's already been answered.
    Straylight wrote: »
    ...Turns out the graphics card was fried, but luckily the guy in work had an old one lying around that he was able to throw into it so I'm back up and running.

• Advertisement

Didn't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    +1 for Celtic, very decent and up front to deal with.

I had them repleace a screen on my ipad, and they were easy to deal with, so it's a big +1 from me too.

Advertisement