Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any better card then Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4gb for the price?

Options
  • 14-04-2017 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Title says it all.
    Im buying a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4gb next week unless I can find anything very similar for cheaper or something better for the price.

Its 170e on amazon.

Upgrading from a much out dated GTX 760 2gb.
    But its still going well on all games from 2015 and most from 2016, just some new games starting to have to tweak a few too many settings to get the conformance i want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You can get an RX480 4gb for around the same money and it's simply a much better card.

Good price on 1 here on sale atm but it is €30 more expensive. (Up to 30-40% faster than the 1050ti though) The RX 470 is also better than the 1050ti if you want something cheaper but there's no good deals atm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-DUAL-RX480-O4G-Radeon-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B01L3H2ZP6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1492124686&sr=1-1&keywords=rx480

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Wow nice spot, It may take me an extra week to afford it sadly but it diffidently looks like its worth the wait :p
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Sorry to double post but I've another quick question. Sadly im very out of date with my computer hardware knowledge. I have a AMD FX-8350 8 core overclocked to 5.2gz. Would that bottle neck a modern card like the RX480?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

In some heavily single threaded games it will. More and more games have better multi thread support now though.

Maybe look at doing a Ryzen upgrade later. AMD have a new line of processors out that would be a big upgrade.

Advertisement