Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

That would be a good move on the big chessboard, otherwise with their double-digit growth they'll take #1 spot (in all spectra) in a decade or so if not slowed down.

Indeed. Trump isn't an idiot despite the nonsense you hear from some posters. China as i keep saying have made a massive miscalculation backing Kim and allowing him to look tough right on their border. China look pathetic at the moment.

North Korea's foreign minister warned Thursday that Pyongyang could test a powerful nuclear weapon over the Pacific Ocean in response to US President Donald Trump's threats of military action.

Time for action.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,709 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

4239769-0991468140-1b0bb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    North Korea's foreign minister warned Thursday that Pyongyang could test a powerful nuclear weapon over the Pacific Ocean in response to US President Donald Trump's threats of military action.

Time for action.

He's foolish if he thinks launching nukes into the pacific would secure his future. If anything if something goes wrong it could quickly end him if it were to hit japan instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,709 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Missiles are one thing. Highly doubt Japan would tolerate nuclear missiles flying over it's territory!

• Advertisement

Infini wrote: »
    He's foolish if he thinks launching nukes into the pacific would secure his future. If anything if something goes wrong it could quickly end him if it were to hit japan instead.

Never mind Japan if he fires one into the Pacific it won't and shouldn't be tolerated

China would tolerate anyone in NK except the USA, otherwise they would have eliminated that regime years ago.

Honestly I think China have got themselves trapped in a no win situation through short sighted policy. They propped up the North to counter US interests but now have a dangerous loose cannon on their doorstep. The only reason they havent moved is because they have the most risk to suffer from any fallout. So they arent eager for any war themselves because it would create a huge mess for them and their policys reflect that. That being said sooner or later Kimmy could overstep the line and start a war and I honestly expect him to mess up as he could goad too far or push things to the point that the US might make a military strike against him.

Its ironic in some sense his grandfather over half a century made the mistake of attacking the south and triggering the korean war and now he risks making the same mistake. The only difference this time is that if he attacks or triggers a war China wont bail him out this time. They've seen the thanks they got for helping the last time and would likely only move to secure risky assets like nuclear facilities in a 2nd korean ear.

Never mind Japan if he fires one into the Pacific it won't and shouldn't be tolerated

I would expect SERIOUS blowback if he actually goes through with that threat. Its just a threat so far but it could be bluster like guam. Nukes are serious buisness its one thing to test underground but a live fire over Japan into the pacific would probably be grounds for a military strike against his facilities at least.

Infini wrote: »
    I would expect SERIOUS blowback if he actually goes through with that threat. Its just a threat so far but it could be bluster like guam. Nukes are serious buisness its one thing to test underground but a live fire over Japan into the pacific would probably be grounds for a military strike against his facilities at least.

It would just hasten the end for Kim. He's finished one way or another. Hopefully China cop on very soon indeed but they are a laughing stock at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

4239769-0991468140-1b0bb.jpg

So that's what BillyBob looks like ....was wondering :D

• Advertisement

archer22 wrote: »
    So that's what BillyBob looks like ....was wondering :D

I'm actually heavier than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

China as i keep saying have made a massive miscalculation backing Kim and allowing him to look tough right on their border. China look pathetic at the moment.

You are contradicting yourself

You are contradicting yourself

When i fact i haven't at all. I have been utterly consistent throughout, Trump has played a blinder here and China is looking weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

When i fact i haven't at all. I have been utterly consistent throughout, Trump has played a blinder here and China is looking weak.

You're opinions are inconsistent, you have been contradicting yourself.
    China certainly does not look weak in all of this, Trump on the other hand....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

At this stage Trump and Kim's taunting of one another is starting to sound like those YouTube videos of travellers calling each other out.

Anyone willing to bet which one will call the other 'shyte in the bucket' first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

China certainly does not look weak in all of this....

They would appear to be unable to influence a small dark rogue state on their border, either this is (mistakenly) intentional action, or indeed a sign of weakness.

As of now, they have multiple new positions featuring 1,000 mile radar on their Eastern doorstep. Likely also to see a n-capable Jap & SK within the next few years.

I.e. They failed to sacrifice their little pawn, and will now have to take a new defensive position

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJEe_jjqBGg0GwpeDjVIlFtvjqLcJp2uOieNqr7gd03fsnMOyGNw

You're opinions are inconsistent, you have been contradicting yourself.
    China certainly does not look weak in all of this, Trump on the other hand....

Please point out in detail where i have been inconsistent. Take your time i'll check back later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

At this stage Trump and Kim's taunting of one another is starting to sound like those YouTube videos of travellers calling each other out.

Anyone willing to bet which one will call the other 'shyte in the bucket' first?

Russia and China are laughing at Trump at this point.

Still just a war of words between Rocket Man and Orange Ego Man.

It will fizzle out when something else catches Trump's limited attention...like a cute intern or some such...

Trump is probably trying to get North Korea to strike first or at least detonate a ground Nuclear test which is illegal by international treaty if I remember correctly ? that would seriously effect the North.

Military action is the only way to stop this mad Korean from getting more advanced weapons which will allow him to gain much more power, Trump knows this and he knows dialogue has not worked and will not work so he'l try the school yard tactics and name calling to see if it can make him mad enough to act.

Now , if they gain biological or chemical weapons .......... this won't end well either way, at some point in time there's going to be a major conflict.

Russia and China are laughing at Trump at this point.

Still just a war of words between Rocket Man and Orange Ego Man.

It will fizzle out when something else catches Trump's limited attention...like a cute intern or some such...

Let's hope wild Bill isn't visiting the white house when that happens.

This isn't fizzling out at all. Kim is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Trump is probably trying to get North Korea to strike first or at least detonate a ground Nuclear test which is illegal by international treaty if I remember correctly ? that would seriously effect the North.

Military action is the only way to stop this mad Korean from getting more advanced weapons which will allow him to gain much more power, Trump knows this and he knows dialogue has not worked and will not work so he'l try the school yard tactics and name calling to see if it can make him mad enough to act.

Now , if they gain biological or chemical weapons .......... this won't end well either way, at some point in time there's going to be a major conflict.

It beggars belief how you and Bob are not White House security advisors yet.

Ah people just need to get over Trump and stop listening to corrupt leftist media that is dying.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,898 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

North Korea already have chemical and biological weapons.

All the more reason then to eliminate their Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

All the more reason then to eliminate their Government.

so all governments that have chemical or biological weapons should be eliminated?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

"Totally destroy North Korea" is this acceptable rhetoric from the President of the United States?

Yes it is, if that's what it takes, they will do it to whomever they want without a 2nd thought.

Did the Nazi's excuse the devastation the Germans caused and completely got away with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes it is, if that's what it takes, they will do it to whomever they want without a 2nd thought.

Did the Nazi's excuse the devastation the Germans caused and completely got away with ?

is that a response to me?

No didn't see yours. Was response to Gringo.

As to your response, anyone who is a severe threat like the North Koreans at this moment then absolutely as a last resort.

Do people not realise the seriousness of getting war head equipped ICBM and causing an EMP over any continent ? I mean, seriously not get it ??? A ground detonation is one thing but EMP has the potential to cause much more devastation over a longer period of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

So should the west have " totally destroyed" Germans including millions of civilians ?!!!!!!

Trump is just full of brown stuff. It's all bluff

After a us strike , NK would flatten Seoul , then a full ground war would follow pitting China and the Us as proxies.

NGTH

Advertisement