Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Trump won.
    Thank you for proving Nettle Soup's point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

flutered wrote: »
    there are some sorrowfull unhappy looking folks in that pic, only for the plastic smile wifey would look the same

Can you blame them. America has its worst ever President in charge. A man who really should not be running the country is trying to run it and thinks its some kind of reality show and to keep himself happy as ell as less lonely he still acts like he is on the campaign trail by having rallies with supporters every so often.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

flutered wrote: »
    there are some sorrowfull unhappy looking folks in that pic, only for the plastic smile wifey would look the same

But that's hardly means anything looking at one single image and adding commentary to it ,in the next image they could all be smiling

A picture says a thousand words!
    DKRq6G_U8AArb6P.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

A picture says a thousand words!
    DKRq6G_U8AArb6P.jpg

That one just says seven.

• Advertisement

That one just says seven.
    The caption has seven words, but the picture does say in a very loud and clear way that any battle will be very one sided.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,609 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I like Kim's respecting Don's age and his restraint in using diplomatic language. Kim "Don is a dotard" almost like Kim, if not asking the US authorities to use its laws to restrain Don, is hinting at probable causes for Don's behaviour.

AMKC wrote: »
    Can you blame them. America has its worst ever President in charge. A man who really should not be running the country is trying to run it and thinks its some kind of reality show and to keep himself happy as ell as less lonely he still acts like he is on the campaign trail by having rallies with supporters every so often.

I think Obama proved he was a pretty bad president in fairness, how many women and children did he kill with his drone strikes ?

The caption has seven words, but the picture does say in a very loud and clear way that any battle will be very one sided.

The caption is part of the picture. It has seven words.

I think Obama proved he was a pretty bad president in fairness, how many women and children did he kill with his drone strikes ?

Saying he was bad is going easy on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

AMKC wrote: »
    Would probably rank Bush jnr. as worse than Trump. Trump's talked a lot but accomplished relatively little (for better or worse).

The caption is part of the picture. It has seven words.
    Yes it has, but what's your point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Gatling wrote: »
    Your beginning to sound very pro Kim there ,

A historical correction is needed yet again ,

North Korea Invaded the south boyued on by china and russia and physically supported by troops and equipment and aircraft ,
    North Korea was pushed back behind the 38th parallel and essentially wiped out till the Chinese army flooded across the boarder and Actually attempted to push into south Korea repeatedly stopped and beaten back ,
    Don't know where the previous quoted figures came from but then again it's not the first makey up stuff has been posted here

No it called being realistic. North Korea fought a superpower for 2 years and did well. North Korea has had 50 years to prepare for air bombardment of it's military facilities. Obviously America would beat North Korea if it's on its own eventually, but it be know cake walk. Have we forget already China said they may join the war to support NK if America attacks first.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

No it called being realistic. North Korea fought a superpower for 2 years and did well. North Korea has had 50 years to prepare for air bombardment of it's military facilities. Obviously America would beat North Korea if it's on its own eventually, but it be know cake walk. Have we forget already China said they may join the war to support NK if America attacks first.
    Remind me again exactly what NK offers China? Last time I checked NK has nothing of value other than a geolocation

Remind me again exactly what NK offers China? Last time I checked NK has nothing of value other than a geolocation

State owned paper in China proposed joining the war if America attacks first. There is no guarantees they will. There is a precedent there. China joined the first Korean war to stop America, so who can tell if they not do this again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

State owned paper in China proposed joining the war if America attacks first. There is no guarantees they will. There is a precedent there. China joined the first Korean war to stop America, so who can tell if they not do this again?

China has too much to lose this time....If america takes out Kim a deal will be made that China will control the territory to South Koreas border.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    China has too much to lose this time....If america takes out Kim a deal will be made that China will control the territory to South Koreas border.

China has everything to lose, if NK is beaten. Last thing they want is US troops stationed in North Korea

What if Kim missiles can reach US cities and he manages to blow up bomber bases in the Pacific for good? The Chinese and Russians would love a world that is not dominated by US interests, got to remember this. During a nuclear exchange unforseen things may occur that you may not be expecting?

On the otherhand North Korea missiles are taken out before they hit Japan, Guam and other bases? This is not likely.

This suits all parties.

This suits all parties.

There be nothing to control for awhile if this war goes nuclear. Asia will be in ruins. Kim has already flown missile over Japan, his missiles have passed the reliability test. The only unknown right now could his ICBM hit Washington and New York? What we do know is the North Korea ICBM has a range of 6,200 miles enough range to hit the statue of liberty!

There be nothing to control for awhile if this war goes nuclear. Asia will be in ruins. Kim has already flown missile over Japan, his missiles have passed the reliability test. The only unknown right now could his ICBM hit Washington and New York? What we do know is the North Korea ICBM has a range of 6,200 miles enough range to hit the statue of liberty!

Cheerful...I enjoy your alternative take on things,I really do,but this is NK we are talking about not Russia.
    NK dont have the capacity to do damage to the US whatever they throw up in the sky will be destroyed before it gets near the US.

It be grand,Trumps got it sorted:D

• Advertisement

Cheerful...I enjoy your alternative take on things,I really do,but this is NK we are talking about not Russia.
    NK dont have the capacity to do damage to the US whatever they throw up in the sky will be destroyed before it gets near the US.

It be grand,Trumps got it sorted:D

The CIA estimated the North Koreans have 60 nuclear weapons. This is a conservative estimate. I would not be surprised if it's higher. Their missiles are working. It not easy to shoot down an ICBM, it flies too high up in the air and flies too fast. It only when it reaching it's target, it reenters the atmosphere.

I just going to point this out. If Kim explodes a nuclear device over or on the Pacific. He going to be proofing to the world his missiles can carry a miniaturized nuclear warhead successfully! This is a big step up if he does this? I be surprised if there was no military response after this? There may be a attempt to shoot it down, can they we have to see?

I just going to point this out. If Kim explodes a nuclear device over or on the Pacific. He going to be proofing to the world his missiles can carry a miniaturized nuclear warhead successfully! This is a big step up if he does this? I be surprised if there was no military response after this? There may be a attempt to shoot it down, can they we have to see?

Yep and Trump will do a deal with China saying Im gonna take this fcuker out and you mind North Korea,that way we wont be sitting on your border and we continue to be trading partners.
    Loadsa money for us all...everyone is happy.

China doesnt have nuclear armed NK,SK and Japan on its doorstep and the US can act the billy big balls and not have NK's nuclear threat.
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Drawing task for every North Korean kindergarten kid

21014076_653954078111718_6729386160651130575_o.jpg?oh=46fdffbbe8bf3ed62609e74dc1b4a3e0&oe=5A19AA98

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I like this plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I would question the resolve of the NK military should they go to war.
    We don't see much of what really goes on in NK, but based on sanctions you'd have to imagine it's no cake walk living there.

I'd question if NKs 50esque military has the potential to "wipe out" Seoul. You'd also imagine that SK have surely provisioned something in Seoul for such an attack.

Russia and China's position in NK is understandable, Russia would effectively be pinched on all sides by USA, China like wise. Currently the USA is free of such unwanted neighbours.

In my opinion tho, some people are so anti Thrump, that they are now aligning them selves with KJY. I think that's a left liberal movement gone too far.

Interesting times ahead, the only loser here is NK.
    SK have an ally with the resources to help them rebuild. I doubt Russia or China are in a position to rebuild NK, I doubt either genuinely cares about NK.

Good bless the NK citizens. They'll need it!

Trump won't want to agree to anything that actually increases China's power in the region (he's said many times [in his books and other media] that while he would do business in China, he doesn't trust the Chinese themselves, and views them as a threat to US power). There's also the aspect of S.Korea wanting the territory of N.Korea to unify the country. It really depends on how much he values them as an ally. giving N.Korea to China would probably also give China S.Korea as an ally over the long run.

Admittedly, it's unlikely that Trump will have much choice if China actually decides to just take that territory. What are the UN or the US able to do against China if they did that? Nada.

Trump won't want to agree to anything that actually increases China's power in the region (he's said many times [in his books and other media] that while he would do business in China, he doesn't trust the Chinese themselves, and views them as a threat to US power). There's also the aspect of S.Korea wanting the territory of N.Korea to unify the country. It really depends on how much he values them as an ally. giving N.Korea to China would probably also give China S.Korea as an ally over the long run.

Admittedly, it's unlikely that Trump will have much choice if China actually decides to just take that territory. What are the UN or the US able to do against China if they did that? Nada.

Thats why I think a deal will be made and the status quo is maintained only Kim is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

3.4 earthquake in NK

Someone has been testing out their small toys again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

3.4 earthquake in NK

Someone has been testing out their small toys again.

He's threatening to detonate a hydrogen bomb over the Pacific to make his point he's a big man ,
    Meanwhile Donald is keeping up the rocketman jibe

Advertisement