Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

Yes because he wants him to do something so it justifies taking Rocket man out.

Dialogue never worked before and it won't work now. It will only waste more time which will allow the North Koreans gain more sophisticated and more powerful weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,609 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Googling on Hydrogen bomb and EMP capability, this item came up. I don't know if whats stated in it about an NK earthquake is factual. It seems The Organic Prepper is a site which answers peoples scientific-related questions, or summat like that.... If he does explode a H-bomb over the pacific, I assume he'll take care that any EMP result won't affect NK. If the pulse hits ships of a military nature, there would be repercussions.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjh9YmpibvWAhVmKsAKHeuPCtwQFghoMAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theorganicprepper.ca%2Fnorth-korea-hydrogen-bomb-emp-09042017&usg=AFQjCNF3IzEDvSIpVud-PHBx16RiAZTxDg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Interestingly South Korean seismologists are saying it is probably a natural quake, yet Chinese seismologists reckon it was caused by an explosion.

3.4 is quite a bit smaller than previous explosions though so it may be a natural event.

bilston wrote: »
    Interestingly South Korean seismologists are saying it is probably a natural quake, yet Chinese seismologists reckon it was caused by an explosion.

3.4 is quite a bit smaller than previous explosions though so it may be a natural event.
    I suppose it's possible that previous explosions have destabilised the rock formations and they're "falling back", more likely another test though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Maybe Kim's chair broke and he fell the fat thug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Just our luck, two nutters with nukes having a stare down. Who will blink first?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just our luck, two nutters with nukes having a stare down. Who will blink first?

With the minor but exception of one needs permission to launch nukes.
    Where rocketman doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

I would tend to accept the Chinese explanation more readily. They’ve a very serious geological research expertise and they’ve no particular reason to want to exaggerate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I wonder how brave and opinionated some of the 'hard men' here would be if they met Kim face to face :rolleyes:

archer22 wrote: »
    I wonder how brave and opinionated some of the 'hard men' here would be if they met Kim face to face :rolleyes:

The rolleyes make your point that much more valid, or something.

• Advertisement

Just our luck Obama sat on his hands for 8 years doing absolutely nothing about the threat. If he's went down the harsh sanctions route from day one maybe just maybe we wouldn't have a lunatic threatening the west with destruction.

But yeah it's all Trumps's fault.

Glady bitch slap little Fatboy ,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Gatling wrote: »

Might be difficult to bitch slap someone when their bodyguards have put a few bullets in your head.

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Just our luck Obama sat on his hands for 8 years doing absolutely nothing about the threat. If he's went down the harsh sanctions route from day one maybe just maybe we wouldn't have a lunatic threatening the west with destruction.

But yeah it's all Trumps's fault.

Whatever the outcome, it will be Trumps fault lol, the dying mainstream media will continue to keep feeding people as much as they can with anti Trump negativity.

Trump hates the media and the media hate Trump because they know he's right when he says the mainstream media are insignificant today they feel threatened.

Hillary Clinton keeps bashing on about how Alex Jones and the Russians lost her the election, what a looser !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

So what's stopping you from taking a trip out there and making an effort to do what you say?.

After all at least the fellow stealing the posters had the bottle to actually go there.

So what's stopping you from taking a trip out there and making an effort to do what you say?.

Shouldn't be too hard ,

Mrs boss ,can I have two weeks off so I can give lil kim a right good kicking

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Maybe if he got a load of cupcakes Kim Jong might feel better..

screen-shot-2017-09-21-at-8-15-55-am-1505996291_zpskhtirmzs.png

Have you seen his extra wide trousers they made him wear recently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

He's threatening to detonate a hydrogen bomb over the Pacific to make his point he's a big man ,
    Meanwhile Donald is keeping up the rocketman jibe

Truth is while there might be disgust or fear against Dotard insulting and being combative toward fatty there's method in the madness that if fatty actually does something stupid it could be justification to do something about them. Honestly had Clinton hit them back in 94 would things be different today? True back then North had Seoul as a potential hostage but now the situations even worse as he can potentially hold a much larger area hostage. This is probably one of the reasons why he might be so confrontational as well: The fear that problem seems to get worse and the potential destruction grows with it.

While Troll may seemed like he was threatening to destroy North Korea, he said if they ATTACKED that they would which is factually correct in this case: If NK in a face-off against the US hit first would be a Nuclear Kurbstomp Match the likes of what has never been seen before and it would be a horrific loss of life.

The whole launching a nuke into the pacific is also something which could backfire spectacularly: China and Russia would nearly certainly have to cut off trade in that scenario because of it not to mention if something were to go wrong and hit Japan it would trigger a nuclear retaliation for certain.

As much as it seems otherwise the Nuke's are simply just a defence against invasion they're a potential blackmail weapon further down the line too as they could be exported to other dodgy countries too or used to strongarm negotiatons. Ironically Kim is proving a point why state's like his shouldnt have nukes in the first place: They amplify aggression and conflict. I never heard of the kind of statements that country has put out from the like's of China or Russia because both knew once the had it that it something that could never be used because of MAD and because reckless threat's could lead to a serious miscalculation. If the worst case scenario were to happen and there was a nuclear was it would justify why state's like that should never again be allowed to get as far as NK did. The damage would take decades to fix.

Kim is sly but he's also reckless and playing a dangerous game, his grandfather did the same thing and his gamble backfired resulting in the complete destruction of his country in the 50's. Had china not intervened then it would have been the end of it there and then but here we are.

While the future's never certain I feel myself NK is going to do something stupid first. They brought attention on themselve's with their nukes and nukes are a double edged sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Maybe if he got a load of cupcakes Kim Jong might feel better..

screen-shot-2017-09-21-at-8-15-55-am-1505996291_zpskhtirmzs.png

Please tell me this is in the latest season of South Park

• Advertisement

More sabre rattling....
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41375302
    US bombers have flown close to North Korea's east coast in a show of force, the Pentagon says.

The move is to demonstrate that President Donald Trump has a "range of military options to defeat any threat", spokeswoman Dana White said.

The US and North Korea have ramped up their rhetoric recently.

At the UN on Tuesday, Mr Trump said that he would "totally destroy" North Korea if the US was forced to defend itself or its allies.

Long may they just rattle, rather than be thrown!

More sabre rattling....

Long may they just rattle, rather than be thrown!

Trying to get Kim to react ,he's going to sooner or later and then all bets are off

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I reckon north korea will try and detonate a device over the pacific..exactly the same way china did in the 50s to show the US that they were a serious nuclear power.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

China did not detonate their device over the ocean. They did it in a controlled space in Chinese territory.

NK's representative in speech to UN now

"Our rockets visit to the mainland (USA) is inevitable"

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

After all at least the fellow stealing the posters had the bottle to actually go there.

yeah that worked out really well for him. he really showed kim who was superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Trying to get Kim to react ,he's going to sooner or later and then all bets are off
    Kim doesn't even have to react. If one the planes crashes due to a malfunction or pilot error, that might be enough

Of all the US planes and choppers that have been lost over the last 15 years, the vast majority crashed without ever being hit by enemy fire.

If a plane crashes, there will be enough of a doubt about whether it was shot down, that it could spark a war given how high tensions are atm, and how impulsive and stupid the commander in chief is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Glad to see you agree the U.S are the main instigators in a war that could lead to the end of mankind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

NK's representative in speech to UN now

"Our rockets visit to the mainland (USA) is inevitable"

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

He also said his countries nuclear arsenal is there as a deterrent.

Advertisement