Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Glad to see you agree the U.S are the main instigators in a war that could lead to the end of mankind.

That's a bit extreme now in fairness.

I think the main instigators are the ones testing nukes..........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The U.S were doing military drills on North Koreas border decades before they ever were a nuclear power. Would the U.S allow the Russians or Chinese to conduct military drills on the border with Mexico or Canada several times a year? Just think about it for a moment.

Sure why don't we allow the Germans to gain nuclear weapons while we're at it......

Sure why don't we allow the Germans to gain nuclear weapons while we're at it......

Whos conducting military drills on Germanys border?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Glad to see you agree the U.S are the main instigators in a war that could lead to the end of mankind.

Actually no ,

Unfortunately Wrong .

Bit like russian bombers flying around Europe trying to intimate states,
    Not going to cause a war ,

But Kim should be considering retirement if he wants to live long and prosper

Maybe Syria could take him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,419 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

America has tested about 300 nuclear weapons and they elected a man who said that there is no point in having nuclear weapons if you're not prepared to use them.

If NK gave one single bomb to a terrorist who ends up attacking America, they'll be called a terror state and that will be a pretext for war, meanwhile America sells billions of dollars worth of weapons which are then used to commit atrocities around the world, and somehow the U.S. are the good guys.

There would be some chance of de-escalating the conflict with NK if America was an honest actor and they made genuine efforts at diplomacy with NK. Instead it's all threats, sanctions and military shows of force.

Polls of global opinion show consistently that the country viewed as the biggest threat to peace is not North Korea, it's America.

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2017/08/07/polls-us-greatest-threat-to-peace-world-today.html

No why not, while North Korea is allowed why not allow the Germans also, just imagine Angela Merkel, "so, you want to leave the E.U do you ? and what, you want to have equal say in the E.U ? haha we'll see about that you fools"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Obviously, the country with the biggest military will always hold the balance of power and thus be hated. But when the **** hits the fan, who you gonna call?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,419 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Why don't we pursue global nuclear disarmament instead. That's what the US and Russia agreed to do when they signed up to the test ban treaty and the non proliferation treaty.

I dont want to see any country with Nuclear bombs. But when a country has been destroyed before and are been constantly poked and threatened by the biggest military super power in the world is there any wonder why they try to gain Nuclear capabilities. Isnt that why Israel has them because there country feels threatened by there neighbours.

• Advertisement

Whos conducting military drills on Germanys border?

Polands , Lithuania, Latvia , Slovakia, Hungary, ukraine ,Romanian borders ,

Give them all nukes then should keep the peace for another century

• Registered Users Posts: 34,144 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It was all fun and games before, but you fear what one mad ****er could do first.

I dont want to see any country with Nuclear bombs. But when a country has been destroyed before.

and are been constantly poked and threatened by the biggest military super power in the world

And how did they come to get destroyed .

And have they themselves spent near 7 decades threatening south Korea .

Funny that

Gatling wrote: »

If Russia or China were conducting military drills on Americas border with Mexico or Canada would they just sit back and allow it? Bolllox would they.

Have just listened to the full speech by the N. Korean FM and he seems quite stable compared to the giant ompa lumpa in Washington. Most things he said made sense. Trump is a dangerous man and could cost the lives of millions of Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Nothing is going to happen. It is all a load of poppycock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Have just listened to the full speech by the N. Korean FM and he seems quite stable compared to the giant ompa lumpa in Washington. Most things he said made sense. Trump is a dangerous man and could cost the lives of millions of Americans.

Yeah he seemed great alright. Maybe you'd like to move there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Dprnk's fear of U.S invasion/attack has always been unfounded

I would not be surprised at all if the Dprnk's recent spurt of missile testing is planned,supported and equipment supplied by Putin to deliberately get a rise out of their man in the White House stoking chaos in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 23,709 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If Russia or China were conducting military drills on Americas border with Mexico or Canada would they just sit back and allow it? Bolllox would they.

The US is there by invitation of South Korea, it's ally and a country routinely threatened with assault by it's northern neighbor.

They have every right to be there.

Obviously, the country with the biggest military will always hold the balance of power and thus be hated. But when the **** hits the fan, who you gonna call?

The Boards.ie comrade squad are on the way to fight the good fight any day now. I'd be happy to set up a go fund me page and get the ball rolling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Ghost busters?

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Yeah he seemed great alright. Maybe you'd like to move there?

Why would I want to move there? Its a 3rd world country due to sanction after sanction. I wouldnt like to move to America, Russia, China etc either.

The US is there by invitation of South Korea, it's ally and a country routinely threatened with assault by it's northern neighbor.

They have every right to be there.

The Soviets were invited by Cuba to there island and we all know what happened there.

Why would I want to move there? Its a 3rd world country due to sanction after sanction. I wouldnt like to move to America, Russia, China etc either.

Yeah it's the fault of the USA that NK is a kip, nothing to do with the Kim family at all.

#leftielogic

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    it's the fault of the USA that NK is a kip

Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think Obama proved he was a pretty bad president in fairness, how many women and children did he kill with his drone strikes ?

I am sure he was only doing what he thought was the right thing at the time from the information that the intelligence reports from his spies that were reporting to him at the time. I doubt he ever set out to kill any Innocent civilians.
    Would probably rank Bush jnr. as worse than Trump. Trump's talked a lot but accomplished relatively little (for better or worse).
    Yes Bush jnr was terrible but Trump has caused a lot of hatred between his own people from the way he went on during his campaign and still now.
    gitzy16v wrote: »
    Yep and Trump will do a deal with China saying Im gonna take this fcuker out and you mind North Korea,that way we wont be sitting on your border and we continue to be trading partners.
    Loadsa money for us all...everyone is happy.

I don't think he is clever enough to do that or that he really wants to deal with China.

China doesnt have nuclear armed NK,SK and Japan on its doorstep and the US can act the billy big balls and not have NK's nuclear threat.
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

I don't think he is clever enough to do that or that he really wants to deal with China.
    Nabber wrote: »
    I would question the resolve of the NK military should they go to war.
    We don't see much of what really goes on in NK, but based on sanctions you'd have to imagine it's no cake walk living there.

I'd question if NKs 50esque military has the potential to "wipe out" Seoul. You'd also imagine that SK have surely provisioned something in Seoul for such an attack.

Russia and China's position in NK is understandable, Russia would effectively be pinched on all sides by USA, China like wise. Currently the USA is free of such unwanted neighbours.

In my opinion tho, some people are so anti Thrump, that they are now aligning them selves with KJY. I think that's a left liberal movement gone too far.

Interesting times ahead, the only loser here is NK.
    SK have an ally with the resources to help them rebuild. I doubt Russia or China are in a position to rebuild NK, I doubt either genuinely cares about NK.

Good bless the NK citizens. They'll need it!

Id say Russia and China have plenty of resources but whether they would be bothered to but the time and effort into rebuilding NK is another thing. Russia rebuilt Chechnea after they destroyed it when they tried to gain independence in the late 90s. Its all super modern now but not a place you would want to visit.
    And how did they come to get destroyed .

And have they themselves spent near 7 decades threatening south Korea .

Funny that

America destoryed them.
    368100 wrote: »
    Ghost busters?

lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭dasdog

Nixon still isn't around but Henry is.

dasdog wrote: »
    Nixon still isn't around but Henry is.

Interesting point from Kissinger that 5 of the 6 men that carried Kim's dad's coffin at his funeral have disappeared. Also said China have been shocked at the speed of NK's nuclear programme.

AMKC wrote: »

America destoryed them.

lol.

Not what I asked but nice contribution

• Advertisement

A U.S. official has just said NK is preparing a missile test.

Advertisement