Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

MadYaker wrote: »
    Who said Tillerson believes that NK will give up their nuclear weapons? Literally nobody has ever said that ever. The state dept wouldn't even ask for that in negotiations. We're way past that. They are trying to avoid a war, not get NK to give up their nuclear weapons.

And how is North Korea going to be sanction free?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Trump doesn't want another 911 which Bush failed to stop despite being warned about an attack. This time around the threat is staring the U.S right in the face and people are oblivious to it but the consequences this time will be far more devastating !

NK wouldn't attack the US mainland in a million years. They might as well just launch their own weapons at themselves because the end result will be the same. At most I could see them maybe taking shots at a few of the aircraft that are carrying out training excercises at the edge of NK's airspace. But even that would essentially be suicide. I don't see what relevance this situation has to 9/11 at all to be honest? It's a totally different set of circumstances.

Why do so many people think that this NK regime are determined to start a war that would end with their total destruction? Does evryone think Kim Jong Un and his government have a suicide wish or something?

And how is North Korea going to be sanction free?

You've lost me now I'm afraid. I think if real negotiations did happen the North Koreans might agree to stop testing missiles and also agree to not attacking Japan or South Korea in return for removal of some sanctions. There's no way they will get all sanctions removed any time soon. None of the options they have available to them are very appealing. But this is the position that their constant brinksmanship has put them in. They aren't going to start a war that they know they would lose in a matter of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Trump doesn't want another 911 which Bush failed to stop despite being warned about an attack. This time around the threat is staring the U.S right in the face and people are oblivious to it but the consequences this time will be far more devastating !

The president isn't going to let that happen. America finally has real leadership after years of limp wristed rubbish under Barrack "talk show" Obama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

How do you know this wizard? There is many reasons why they have not tested a landbased nuke yet ( fallout the main reason) They can fire a legit nuke right now i bet a million dollars on it.

Do you happen to have a million dollars .

No

Such a waste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

BillyBobBS wrote: »

Are you in Korea yet? Hows the war going?

Are you in Korea yet? Hows the war going?

Why would i be in Korea?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The president isn't going to let that happen. America finally has real leadership after years of limp wristed rubbish under Barrack "talk show" Obama.

Yeah.

Donald "3 under par at his own resort" is such a better leader :rolleyes:

Yeah.

Donald "3 under par at his own resort" is such a better leader :rolleyes:

He can't do any worse than Obama the president that brought us ISIS and the refugee crisis. Obama drew more red lines than a child with a set of crayons.

Still though what a cool guy hey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

BillyBob and Cheerful have created 716 posts on this 1 thread saying the same things over and over and over (nuclear war is coming etc etc)

....and nothing has happened.

Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

North Korean tv today. Bizarre.

xJaHFRt6?format=jpg&name=600x314

He can't do any worse than Obama the president that brought us ISIS and the refugee crisis. Obama drew more red lines than a child with a set of crayons.

"But Obama, but Hillary bla bla blaa" change the record ffs.

Trump on twitter sounds like a hormonal teenager talking about a dispute he's having with some schoolyard bully and you think it's an amazing display of leadership? You don't think him public undermining the efforts of his secretary of state is stupid and careless? No wonder America is fcuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Interestingly 52% of people wish Obama was still president with only 41% preferring Trump. Also interesting is that nearly half of Americans think Trump is mentally ill.

Gee, I wonder where that survey came from ? lol.

(fake news)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Gee, I wonder where that survey came from ? lol.

(fake news)

If it was on Breitbart it would definitely be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

Breitbart don't do polls, they just link to them. Just like Newsweek is doing.

After last years election I'll probably never take another poll seriously, or the "media experts".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

I imagine that is what is meant but that is not what is said in the tweet.

It's incompetent. Get the message right - basic stuff this administration seems unable to do.

Proof read.

It's not incompetence. It's a limitation of the medium. Only 140 characters available to let them get their message across.

fxotoole wrote: »
    It's not incompetence. It's a limitation of the medium. Only 140 characters available to let them get their message across.

It's incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

It's easy to understand Trump's behaviour when you consider that 40% of the USA's electorate are idiots.

They're no more idiotic than any other people. Look at some of the eejits elected here.The problem is that many Americans exist in bubbles consisting of reactionary religious figures, excitable radio commentators, Fox News....and not much else. Those that use the Web communicate in echo chambers where they only see views that similar to their own. The intense localism characteristic of much of the rural USA magnifies this effect.
    Not really. If Tillerson believe is Kim will give up nuclear weapons, he probably not the right person, for the job. Trump is not going to negotiate with Kim so i don't see where they can start negotiating in real terms?

Agreed. Renouncing nuclear weapons for some agreed recompense might have been a fair outcome for the DPRK regime, but Kim Jong-Un has worked himself into a state where dismantling his weapons would be seen as humiliation;they're seen now as a sign of national virility.
    The fact is that without these weapons North Korea is a no-place of no significance:nobodies. Nuclear weapons make them somebodies.
    The only demands that he might make in return for de-nuclearization are ones that would be completely unacceptable to the USA and South Korea.

• Advertisement

Great synchronisation to be fair!

Now if only they could adequately feed their own people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Considering the last few weeks, it's a little worryingly quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

flaneur wrote: »

Thank God. Enough bull**** going around without these 2 clowns still going at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Yup, real leadership , like filling his administration , getting legislation passed , uniting a divided country

Yup , he's the man

flaneur wrote: »

Why "worryingly"?

What's happening now is that this whole thing is blowing over. Just like I and others have predicted multiple times over the course of this thread.

BoatMad wrote: »
    Yup, real leadership , like filling his administration , getting legislation passed , uniting a divided country

Yup , he's the man

I assume you're being sarcastic?

fxotoole wrote: »
    Why "worryingly"?

What's happening now is that this whole thing is blowing over. Just like I and others have predicted multiple times over the course of this thread.

You can almost set a weather calendar to by events between the US & NK, it gets frequently cold and frosty with occasional blistering rages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Las Vegas has pushed North Korea down the news bulletins.

It will become a hot topic again in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

It will become a hot topic again in a few weeks.

Expect Tuesday to heat up with a another missle launch .

• Advertisement

What awaits Seoul is.......1970's technology

0_d51ab_7020ed8a_orig

0_d51bf_f6b47cae_orig

0_d51ae_a9fb818e_orig

Flying Aer Lingus?

Advertisement