Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

What awaits Seoul is.......1970's technology

1:02 in the video, those looked like IL-28 Beagles. That's 1950s...

An old missile can still be as damaging as a new one, just that it might be easier to stop (if you're lucky).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

An old missile can still be as damaging as a new one, just that it might be easier to stop (if you're lucky).

Newer ones tend to be accurate meaning having to fireless rockets ,where the ones from the 50s you fired more rockets to guarantee some hits on a target but not necessarily all ,they tend to be less reliable too

Gatling wrote: »
    Newer ones tend to be accurate meaning having to fireless rockets ,where the ones from the 50s you fired more rockets to guarantee some hits on a target but not necessarily all ,they tend to be less reliable too
    When you consider that they'll probably target Seoul, accuracy and reliability are not that important, it's just quantity that they’re likely to send over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭bilston

By the sounds of things Trump is starting to shift his focus to Iran. For someone who had no interest in foreign policy he is getting around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

bilston wrote: »
    By the sounds of things Trump is starting to shift his focus to Iran. For someone who had no interest in foreign policy he is getting around.

His Focus is still North Korea and Iran. North Korea will not disappear from the news for long.

Washington panicked last night when Trump said this in running commentary (below find it). The media are struggling to find out what he meant, by it.

Trump: "It could be ... the calm, the calm before the storm."
    Reporter: "Iran? ISIS? What storm, Mr. President?"
    Trump: "We have the world's great military people in this room, I will tell you that. And uh, we're gonna have a great evening, thank you all for coming."
    Reporter: "What storm, Mr. President?"
    Trump: "You'll find out."
    What. The. Hell. Is. Happening.

He could be talking about military action of some kind against Iran or North Korea? He may not sign off on continuing the Iranian deal? Or someone is about to get sacked ( Tillerson could be him?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

1:02 in the video, those looked like IL-28 Beagles. That's 1950s...

In fairness, so are the american B-52s. If something isn't broken, don't fix it.

His Focus is still North Korea and Iran. North Korea will not disappear from the news for long.

Washington panicked last night when Trump said this in running commentary (below find it). The media are struggling to find out what he meant, by it.

Trump: "We have the world's great military people in this room, I will tell you that. And uh, we're gonna have a great evening, thank you all for coming."

He could be talking about military action of some kind against Iran or North Korea? He may not sign off on continuing the Iranian deal? Or someone is about to get sacked ( Tillerson could be him?)

Or what colour to paint the next generation of tanks, more likely just a brainstorming session with no decisions made, just more idea of what to do next.

Apparently russia has claimed that NK have a long range missle of hitting the west coast of america , that's due to be tested this week

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Gatling wrote: »
    Apparently russia has claimed that NK have a long range missle of hitting the west coast of america , that's due to be tested this week

I wonder who is helping the norks with the technology required (I suspect not China)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I wonder who is helping the norks with the technology required (I suspect not China)

Iran possibly, they are both under threat from a common enemy. And the Iranians get the nuke technology.

China and Russia supplied, if you look at everything been used so far ,and one or two others Iran used a similar missle in tests last year ,
    Rocket fuel is harder to come by thought

Missles are copies of a type made formerly in East ukraine now occupied by russia and the missle launcher vehicles came from China under the forestry equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Or what colour to paint the next generation of tanks, more likely just a brainstorming session with no decisions made, just more idea of what to do next.
    Well now we know.. and it's F'all to do with NK!
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41532889
    The US government has approved the sale to Saudi Arabia of its advanced Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (Thaad) missile defence system.
    The State Department said the $15bn (£11.5bn) deal furthered US national security and foreign policy interests.
    It would boost Saudi and Gulf security against Iranian and other regional threats, the state department added.
    The announcement comes a day after Saudi Arabia agreed to buy air defence systems from Russia.
    The deal would not alter the military balance in the region, the Pentagon's Defense Security Co-operation Agency said.

With Trump, it's business first!

And people on this forum said this will blow over. From the looks of it the calm before the storm comment he is talking about military action against North Korea. Or this is just Trump blowing off steam again? Either way war is inevitable with Trump in charge.

...hasn't worked, agreements violated before the ink was dry, makings fools of U.S. negotiators. Sorry, but only one thing will work!.

sanctions?

sanctions?

For me he is talking about military action. They have already sanctioned North Korea

For me he is talking about military action. They have already sanctioned North Korea
    "we're going to carry out a secret mission against NK", but first I'll tweet the world!

Sounds like the script of an Armageddon comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭bilston

How can he possibly think that military action will work?

It will probably lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, if that is his idea of something "working" then God help us all!

• Advertisement

"we're going to carry out a secret mission against NK", but first I'll tweet the world!

Sounds like the script of an Armageddon comedy.

This is Trumps way of notifying the American public, he does it on Twitter. His talking about military action what else could he be referring to?

WASHINGTON — President Trump tweeted new storm warnings Saturday, this time aimed at North Korea.

In a pair of late-afternoon tweets, Trump wrote that negotiations with the truculent, isolated nation had backfired, "makings (sic) fools of U.S. negotiators. Sorry, but only one thing will work!"

He didn't make clear what that "one thing" is but has been hinting for several days that the time for diplomacy has passed, leaving a military strike as the most likely option.

Trump tweeted Sunday that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was "wasting his time" negotiating with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/10/07/donald-trump-north-korea-tweets/743135001/

I was being "tongue in cheek"

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

At not one point he has stated that he is talking about military action. Very easy to say that thats all he is talking about but until he mentions it himself its all conjecture.

tbayers wrote: »
    At not one point he has stated that he is talking about military action. Very easy to say that thats all he is talking about but until he mentions it himself its all conjecture.

He has lambasted Tillerson ( the secretary of state) for his softy diplomatic approach to solve the North Korean crisis peacefully. What more proof do you want his ready to fight? He has also criticized South Korea for holding out for a peaceful solution.

Trump gets asked on the South Lawn ( at White House) what is the one thing that will work with North Korea. His answer? “You’ll figure that out pretty soon
    "

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins CNN reporter.

His playing a dangerous game Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Does he still think he's on the Apprentice ?

Tune in Next Week to find out what happens at The Whitehouse....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Blast zones from a 250 kt nuclear weapon air burst over Seoul and Tokyo

Seoul:

2017.10.06seoul.JPG

Tokyo:

2017.10.06tokyo.JPG

Last NK test yield was estimated up to 280 kts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Lets all just hope that Kim Jong doesn't go for a preemptive strike in reply to the threatening tweets from the Don.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭jackboy

RustyNut wrote: »
    Lets all just hope that Kim Jong doesn't go for a preemptive strike in reply to the threatening tweets from the Don.

Zero chance and Trump knows it.

Advertisement