Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

PREG1967 wrote: »
    over $5 million, was raised in the United States by Irish Americans and sent to Ireland to finance the Republic in 1920 thats 60,000,000 in todays money
    American-Germans were responsible for a shipment of weapons sent to Ireland in 1916
    support for the Irish rebels found favourable front-page coverage in the NY papers for more consecutive days than in any mainstream English language newspaper in the US

do i need to go on??

You can go on all you want but that's not the same as US governments backing Irish independence.

Gatling wrote: »
    North Korea must a an exception to that rant

You obviously haven't a clue of what a rant is. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Zebra3 wrote: »

You obviously haven't a clue of what a rant is. :rolleyes:

Oh believe me i know all about posters rants and raves .

Turning into a hobby laughing at each one :).

Anyhow I'm bored back to North Korea it been reported across several media outlets that the pentagon is looking at shooting down any weapon test launched out of NK .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

You can go on all you want but that's not the same as US governments backing Irish independence.

its a terrible waste of my time when people dont explicitly say what they mean, you said the US not the US government

PREG1967 wrote: »
    its a terrible waste of my time when people dont explicitly say what they mean, you said the US not the US government

It's a terrible waste of my time when a small minority don't understand the obvious, but sure what can you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

A US aircraft carrier and other warships did not sail towards North Korea - but went in the opposite direction, it has emerged.

It is not clear whether the failure to arrive was a deliberate deception, perhaps designed to frighten North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un, a change of plan or simple miscommunication, the BBC's Korea correspondent Stephen Evans says.

But the group was actually farther away over the weekend, moving through the Sunda Strait into the Indian Ocean.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39638012

Its hard to keep up ....

• Advertisement

A US aircraft carrier and other warships did not sail towards North Korea - but went in the opposite direction, it has emerged.

It is not clear whether the failure to arrive was a deliberate deception, perhaps designed to frighten North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un, a change of plan or simple miscommunication, the BBC's Korea correspondent Stephen Evans says.

But the group was actually farther away over the weekend, moving through the Sunda Strait into the Indian Ocean.

Its hard to keep up ....

They are carrying out excerises with the Australian navy and then sailing to Korea should be there within a week

Its hard to keep up ....

Hard to keep up the news when the likes of BBC pump out propaganda.

Hard to keep up the news when the likes of BBC pump out propaganda.

So that's not happening then ?? Can you tell me what's happening & put up links from genuine impartial reporters ...As all I can read from you is the great satan yada yada yada

So that's not happening then ?? Can you tell me what's happening & put up links from genuine impartial reporters ...As all I can read from you is the great satan yada yada yada

It's happening now, but it's not what the BBC originally reported.

And I think the Great Satan tag is apt when you look at America's crimes.

You think dropping agent orange and depleted uranium on civilians is great craic? Overthrowing democratically elected governments is fine? Supporting Islamic extremists who behead people is all right? Backing dictatorships is ok? Committing genocide? Apartheid? Slavery?

You think dropping agent orange and depleted uranium on civilians is great craic? Overthrowing democratically elected governments is fine? Supporting Islamic extremists who behead people is all right? Backing dictatorships is ok? Committing genocide? Apartheid? Slavery?

This thread is about a possible war in Korea , I haven't seen anyone anywhere saying America is the greatest country on the earth and its perfect.

Re your ongoing rant above can you not start a thread somewhere else about The US crimes etc etc

And I asked for your other impartial news links to what is realy happening there, can you post thanks.

• Advertisement

This thread is about a possible war in Korea , I haven't seen anyone anywhere saying America is the greatest country on the earth and its perfect.

Re your ongoing rant above can you not start a thread somewhere else about The US crimes etc etc

And I asked for your other impartial news links to what is realy happening there, can you post thanks.
    He will probably direct you to his blog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It wouldn't last five minutes.

If Kim Jong didn't exist the US would invent him anyway.
    Ever notice that the US must have a Bond movie villain "threatening" them?
    Its helps to tell the masses that they are "mad" (after they've had their uses of course) - Saddam, Bin Laden, Gaddafi, Assad, Yanukovich, Putin and how could I forget those Iranian Ayatollahs? Of course they are all also corrupt as no US ally could possibly be corrupt.
    The US needs enemies like it needs oxygen.

Has any other country did any of the above yes they did ,

are you fauxraged

I wonder why ........

If Kim Jong didn't exist the US would invent him anyway.
    Ever notice that the US must have a Bond movie villain "threatening" them?
    Its helps to tell the masses that they are "mad" (after they've had their uses of course) - Saddam, Bin Laden, Gaddafi, Assad, Yanukovich, Putin and how could I forget those Iranian Ayatollahs? Of course they are all also corrupt as no US ally could possibly be corrupt.
    The US needs enemies like it needs oxygen.

You need to explain that a bit more please as I don't really get you, thanks.

If you see the title of the thread above (shouldn't be too difficult) you can see how it fails to mention the phrase "war crime" for what a US attack on NK would be. The brainwashed on here seem to have no issue with the US committing a war crime against another sovereign state.

The endless propaganda on here from right-wing extremists who think the US has some sort of moral right to wage war on whoever it wants, whenever it wants, is disgusting and sadly, legitimising mass murder. That's why the need to refer to a handful of America's past crimes is so important, as it debunks the myth that America has some sort of right to act as the world's policeman which many on here seem to believe it has.

There are plenty of countries around the world that the US has "interfered with". Iraq, Syria, Haiti, to name but a few. And yet the same cries go up again and again after somebody listens to some asshole on Sky or BBC for two minutes that we (sic) must do something.
    Has any other country did any of the above yes they did ,

are you fauxraged

In English please.

If you see the title of the thread above (shouldn't be too difficult) you can see how it fails to mention the phrase "war crime" for what a US attack on NK would be.

In English please.

It's in pretty plain English ,

So off you go to the war crimes thread make sure you include a complete A-Z of countries who's been bad

So North Korea,

The Chinese navy are now carrying out weapon testing and excerises off north Korea ,
    So we have south Korean Navy ,US Navy , Japanese Navy and now Chinese navy off the coast it's building up nicely ,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

Youd imagine it's just a matter of when now. Will take some planning and execution but it's inevitable the casualties will number in the hundreds of thousands. Feel desperately sorry for the North Korean people who will be nothing more than cannon fodder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

So we have south Korean Navy ,US Navy , Japanese Navy and now Chinese navy off the coast

And perhaps a few others too, all looking messy now.

The slightly comedic newspaper (Mirror) has a slightly far-fetched claim about abilities of one of the stakeholders, it also has an even more far-fetched story for the 13th May let's hope not.

The only quick and easy solution to this is either:
    a) Coup d'etat, probably via Chinese interests
    b) Staged alien invasion, perhaps from the leader of planet cheesburger.

The odds are generous for Donald to make a visit to NK (once it all calms down) 25/1.

• Advertisement

And perhaps a few others too, all looking messy now.

The slightly comedic newspaper (Mirror) has a slightly far-fetched claim about abilities of one of the stakeholders, it also has an even more far-fetched story for the 13th May let's hope not.

The only quick and easy solution to this is either:
    a) Coup d'etat, probably via Chinese interests
    b) Staged alien invasion, perhaps from the leader of planet cheesburger.

The odds are generous for Donald to make a visit to NK (once it all calms down) 25/1.

I reckon the UN will attack again

It's in pretty plain English ,

So off you go to the war crimes thread make sure you include a complete A-Z of countries who's been bad

I know it's difficult for the brainwashed to understand but if you read the title of this thread its' about war crimes.

Some people however fail to see it when certain countries commit them though.

I know it's difficult

but if you read the title of this thread its' about war crimes.

Actually No it Doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I know it's difficult for the brainwashed to understand but if you read the title of this thread its' about war crimes.

Yes. It would seem certain posters engage in faux outrage, yet they fail to see this in themselves but have no problem supposedly identifying in it others. A recent example might be the condemnation of Russia over Ukraine. So Russia is to be condemned, but when it's pointed out to them America has committed the very same crimes in the past, you will be told to move on, or loads of other countries have done bad things. If that is the case then why do they not say the same thing about people criticising Russia?
    You might begin to suspect, due to their hard right political beliefs, they view crimes against other nations and violations of human rights differently depending on which country is responsible. If that is the case, they are just engaging in selective moral grandstanding.

Yes. It would seem certain posters engage in faux outrage, yet they fail to see this in themselves but have no problem supposedly identifying in it others. A recent example might be the condemnation of Russia over Ukraine. So Russia is to be condemned,

Wait are you implying russia should not have been condemned over it's illegal occupation of Crimea,and east Ukraine and the shooting down of civilian airline MH17 ,

But again it been done and discussed across pc, politics , international politics for nearly 3 years ,

Wait are you implying russia should not have been condemned over it's illegal occupation of Crimea,and east Ukraine and the shooting down of civilian airline MH17 ,

But again it been done and discussed across pc, politics , international politics for nearly 3 years ,

Sorry to disappoint you that's not what i am implying at all, as you probably know well. Why do you never quote a post in full;)

Sorry to disappoint you that's not what i am implying at all, as you probably know well. Why do you never quote a post in full;)

You brought up the issue but hey don't blame me

Funny thing the same posters claiming America don't get called on any can't back it up

You brought up the issue but hey don't blame me

Funny thing the same posters claiming America don't get called on any can't back it up

I am not blaming you, i am amused that you partially quoted my post, and deliberately chose to ignore what I meant. It's not a surprise, you usually do it to avoid addressing the point, which is this:

For you there will always be an extenuating circumstance/ context to cite when it comes to discussion of US war crimes- that is if you even admit they are. You tend to want to ignore them by engaging in deflection tactics.

Funny though you'll be less adroit, and keen to cite a context, when it comes to addressing crimes Russia have committed. That was my original point as well you knew:)

Actually No it Doesn't

A so-called pre-emotive strike on NK by the US would indeed be a war crime. This was established at the Nuremburg Trials. Disappointing that events from the 1940s have yet to reach you.

And just because you write in larger font, it doesn't mean your claim overrides international law.

• Advertisement

A so-called pre-emotive strike on NK by the US would indeed be a war crime.

But it north Korea shoot first .

Let's Stick with the present ,

Advertisement