Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If you think criticism of the US and the utter hypocrisy of the so called western democracies is "defending" N.Korea that's your business, skip number 2 a read about the other 9!

Oh dear oh dear,

Any how back to North Korea who today threatened to unleash radio active clouds on Japanese military facilities while launching another Hiroshima on Japan ,

What has Japan done

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

And some people think Trump is mad for saying he'd meet Kim and talk. Talk is the answer. Trump has actually brought the North Korean situation to the forefront because he knows the importance after 8 years of pathetic weak governance from Obama.

Trump is showing a very weak hand. Kim has him eating it if his hand and they're having a good laugh at how Trump thinks the dear leader is a a smart guy.

Kim will try to get his nukes operational and then invade the south knowing that he has something in his arsenal to stop America from responding. The U.S. won't fight a conventional war in Korea as the losses would be too great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

America is just as bad as North Korea. What's funny is if the North Korea tested a missile like this it be headline news and we be calling North Korea evil.

The US has test-fired a nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile from a site in California, the second such launch in a week, amid rising tensions with North Korea.

The unarmed Minuteman 3 missile has a range of around 8,000 miles, putting it within striking distance of Pyongyang.

It blasted off just after midnight from Vandenberg Air Force Base, 150 miles northwest of Los Angeles, and delivered a single projectile to a target approximately 4,200 miles away at Kwajalein Atoll in the Pacific Ocean, US Air Force Global Strike Command said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-nuclear-missile-tests-north-korea-range-reach-pyongyang-california-site-a7715331.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

America is just as bad as North Korea. What's funny is if the North Korea tested a missile like this it be headline news and we be calling North Korea evil.

The US has test-fired a nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile from a site in California, the second such launch in a week, amid rising tensions with North Korea.

This isn't news compared to sending a carrier group of the court of Korea. We already know that the U.S. has missiles.

This isn't news compared to sending a carrier group of the court of Korea. We already know that the U.S. has missiles.

It is news when one country can have them and another country can't? North Korea is looking at this saying those Americans are hypocrite's. Why would North Korea stop testing missiles and nukes, if America is not doing the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,050 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Trump is showing a very weak hand. Kim has him eating it if his hand and they're having a good laugh at how Trump thinks the dear leader is a a smart guy.

Kim will try to get his nukes operational and then invade the south knowing that he has something in his arsenal to stop America from responding. The U.S. won't fight a conventional war in Korea as the losses would be too great.

I don't agree.

Despite my low opinion of trump, I think he is being perfectly sensible with this. (thank goodness for advisers)

On the one hand, he's allowing Kim to save face, giving him the opportunity to appear magnanimous in dealing with someone who appears to be treating him as an equal, as unlikely as negotiations are. On the other hand, he's ticking off the bombing run pre-flight checklist, for the benefit of the International community.

1) Isssued strong warnings....... check

2) Spoke to the neighbours/sponsors and asked them to fix their mess....... check

3) Offered the fat little tyrant a face-saving and peaceful way to back down and be sensible...... check

4) Issue order to commence operation 'caning'......

The unarmed Minuteman 3 missile has a range of around 8,000 miles, putting it within striking distance of Pyongyang.

America isn't repeatedly threatening to nuke other countries unlike the highly unstable basketcase Kim ,

America had nuclear weapons 70 odd years and yet nobody is panicking ,

And if america was to target Pyongyang it's likely they will fly a B2 bomber in a drop a high explosives on the leader .
    Uncontested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Gatling wrote: »
    America
    Uncontested

Yeh,they used them twice before I remember.

America isn't repeatedly threatening to nuke other countries unlike the highly unstable basketcase Kim ,

America had nuclear weapons 70 odd years and yet nobody is panicking ,

And if america was to target Pyongyang it's likely they will fly a B2 bomber in a drop a high explosives on the leader .
    Uncontested

They're enemies of the current regime, do you understand what war is about? They going to threaten countries who threaten them. Korean's had a civil war, the American's stuck their nose in, and intervened in war that was not there's. Just like in Vietnam a war they had no business involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,050 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

gitzy16v wrote: »

Did Japan attack first?

I was having a conversation with a native Japanese person, some years ago, who said she thought the US did the right thing in using nukes. To say I was shocked would be putting it mildly.

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    Did Japan attack first?

I was having a conversation with a native Japanese person, some years ago, who said she thought the US did the right thing in using nukes. To say I was shocked would be putting it mildly.

Not with nukes they didn't.....

And woah that's quite shocking and strange IMO to have those opinions.

Oh the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki ,

70 odd years ago .

remind us all when have they threaten to launch Nuclear weapons for no reason what's so ever

Oh the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki ,

Yes the ones America used.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Did Japan attack first?

Probably because she knew that Japanese had a culture of no surrender and would have allowed millions to die in defending the country if there was a land invasion.

Two giant bombs and the possibility of unknown number more raining down was enough to change that attitude!

Just how many nukes did the US have built in August 1945?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

It is news when one country can have them and another country can't? North Korea is looking at this saying those Americans are hypocrite's. Why would North Korea stop testing missiles and nukes, if America is not doing the same?

Here we go again.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_the_Non-Proliferation_of_Nuclear_Weapons
    They're enemies of the current regime, do you understand what war is about? They going to threaten countries who threaten them. Korean's had a civil war, the American's stuck their nose in, and intervened in war that was not there's. Just like in Vietnam a war they had no business involved in.

They were perfectly entitled. South Korea was a friend and ally of the United States and the US didn't want the Communist Bloc to be a short jump over the sea from its ally Japan. Every country has to the right to come to the aid of threatened allies.
    Just as, indeed,China had the right to intervene in the war to protect it's own interests when a a nation it knew to be hostile was drawing near to it's borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It blasted off just after midnight from Vandenberg Air Force Base, 150 miles northwest of Los Angeles, and delivered a single projectile to a target approximately 4,200 miles away at Kwajalein Atoll in the Pacific Ocean, US Air Force Global Strike Command said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-nuclear-missile-tests-north-korea-range-reach-pyongyang-california-site-a7715331.html
    I can only imagine the media circus if the Russians fired a missile 4,200 miles into the Pacific from one of their far eastern bases!
    ..... Russian aggression .... Putin's missile of mass destruction! ... sanctions .... more sanctions ... sanctions on top of sanctions ..
    The UN wouldn't be concerned, it would be "deeply" concerned.
    There would be an emergency UNSC meeting (aka the Nikki Haley show!)
    It would have been a violation of international airspace and a threat to shipping lanes.
    The missile would have missed a plane full of beautiful little babies by inches ...... and so on ....

I can only imagine the media circus if the Russians fired a missile

..... Russian aggression .... Putin's missile of mass destruction! ... sanctions .... more sanctions ... sanctions on top of sanctions ..
    The UN wouldn't be concerned, it would be "deeply" concerned.

The missile would have missed a plane full of beautiful little babies by inches ...... and so on ....

Last time russia launched a missile they shot down a civilian airliner killing all on board,

When they fired misssles into Syria they some how managed to hit Iran .

We don't need amateurs launching​ anything.

And back​ to North Korea ,

Rumors suggesting China has asked it's citizens living in Pyongyang​ to return to China due to the current situation with north Korea ,
    Seems be a bit of an escalation from China if true

And back​ to North Korea ,

Rumors suggesting China has asked it's citizens living in Pyongyang​ to return to China due to the current situation with north Korea ,
    Seems be a bit of an escalation from China if true

I did thank a post of yours before where you provided me a link to read rumours,sound man
    Have ya one for this?China's evacuation of its citizens from Pyongyang .
    I'll gladly read it and while away a few hours on the Korean situation afterwards.

If true I think it's a major change,watch for Americans leaving Seoul soon

I did thank a post of yours

Good stuff

I did thank a post of yours before where you provided me a link to read rumours,sound man
    Have ya one for this?China's evacuation of its citizens from Pyongyang .
    I'll gladly read it and while away a few hours on the Korean situation afterwards.

If true I think it's a major change,watch for Americans leaving Seoul soon

Have you a link I could read about the rumours about China?

• Advertisement

After visiting Australia for naval exercises the USS Carl Vinson arrived (finally);) in the Philippines sea today heading to South Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I sure as hell hope the US fleet has good maritime and air territorial borders maps as N/K has a west coast and east coast. An infringement of national territory boundaries is not what we want right now. The odds of a N/K ally being obliged to fulfil treaty obligations could be risky for the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

After visiting Australia for naval exercises the USS Carl Vinson arrived (finally);) in the Philippines sea today heading to South Korea
    Great. So whats next, WW3?

aloyisious wrote: »
    An infringement of national territory boundaries is not what we want right now. The odds of a N/K ally being obliged to fulfil treaty obligations could be risky for the world.

Considering they made this statement

"North Korea's official news agency leapt into overdrive Wednesday, accusing Chinese politicians and journalists of fomenting trouble and outright "betrayal."
    "China should no longer recklessly try to test the limitations of our patience," said the commentary released by the rogue state's Korean Central News Agency.
    KCNA added, "We have so devotedly helped the Chinese revolution and suffered enormous damage." It said China has regularly "infringed upon the strategic interests" in becoming closer to the U.S. and thus committed a "betrayal" in the process.

The rare rebuke from Pyongyang's official mouthpiece follows President Donald Trump's warming ties to Chinese President Xi Jinping. The Trump administration is hoping the Chinese can convince the North Koreans to abandon a nuclear weapons program and cease development of intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of reaching North America.
    Still, the North's official news agency reiterated Wednesday it has no plans to end its nuclear program."

Which allies would this be ,
    It seems Kim has a death wish, the question will be eventually​ asked if he's planning to take the whole planet north Korea with him.

Considering they made this statement

"North Korea's official news agency leapt into overdrive Wednesday, accusing Chinese politicians and journalists of fomenting trouble and outright "betrayal."
    "China should no longer recklessly try to test the limitations of our patience," said the commentary released by the rogue state's Korean Central News Agency.
    KCNA added, "We have so devotedly helped the Chinese revolution and suffered enormous damage." It said China has regularly "infringed upon the strategic interests" in becoming closer to the U.S. and thus committed a "betrayal" in the process.

The rare rebuke from Pyongyang's official mouthpiece follows President Donald Trump's warming ties to Chinese President Xi Jinping. The Trump administration is hoping the Chinese can convince the North Koreans to abandon a nuclear weapons program and cease development of intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of reaching North America.
    Still, the North's official news agency reiterated Wednesday it has no plans to end its nuclear program."

Which allies would this be ,
    It seems Kim has a death wish, the question will be eventually​ asked if he's planning the whole planet north Korea with him.

Link for this please and a link for China evacuation of its citizens from Pyongyang.

Mech1 wrote: »

Sound man....looks like China organised this at least a month ago according to the link....
    According to Radio Free Asia, a US-based radio station that broadcasts to Asian countries, the embassy began sending the message to citizens ahead of the 85th anniversary of the Korean People’s Army last month.

Gatling won't supply his own links,I presume for fear of being discredited.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/3/15531390/china-north-korea-angry-nukes-missiles-trump

NK is angry with their old pals..
    according to this.

No cruise missiles for Kim?
    Like Syria?
    A warning maybe?

Kim's got no nukes or at least no way of delivering them.
    No friends left if the piece is to be believed.
    Just get rid of him! Let SK and China sort out the aftermath...
    And Russia,seeing as they've a border with NK too.
    America needs to do nothing more than what the surrounding countries want done.
    Only North Korean I know is my barman,he's from the Russian,Chinese,NK border...it's on the Northeast coast...things are not too bad in that part of the country in comparison to the interior of NK...plenty of opposition to Kim out that way.

No need for America to level NK....Plenty of defectors to SK,China and Russia...Take Kim out Yeh.
    But the US should not be allowed take Kim out with they're own brand of democracy bombs...leave it to who knows best S.Korea,China and Russia..Americans have no business in NK other than defending themselves.

• Advertisement

Gatling won't supply his own links,

Kim's got no nukes

You might think that but your wrong .

No nukes​ Lol​

Advertisement