Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

So stupid comment on top of stupid comment. I am laughing but I could cry if you want me to. Answer is stop ****ing around and support your own people. Are other folks trying to blow up North Korea? Answer, NO. Question WHY? They have nothing. So let communities help North Korea to have a standard of life and get rid of childish spoilt despots
    Do you honestly think the Americans care about North Koreans human rights? They wiped out around 6-7 million of them in the 3 years of saturation bombing in the 50s, which included chemical attacks.

If Kim is to be taking out it has to be by the international community and not the gunho Americans as everything they touch they make a bolllocks of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

It's a good thing Trump is President, he is more merciful than I would be. I'd have bombed all North Korea's military capabilities and then sent in my military and completely destroy the country, scorch earth tactics Sherman style.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Do you honestly think the Americans care about North Koreans human rights? They wiped out around 6-7 million of them in the 3 years of saturation bombing in the 50s, which included chemical attacks.

If Kim is to be taking out it has to be by the international community and not the gunho Americans as everything they touch they make a bolllocks of.

And who do you think will make up 95% of the international community effort, America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

America is like the bully that comes up against that one crazy kid,he wants to bully him but doesn't know what the wild card will do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Yeah darn those Americans, they really made a mess of France saving it from the Nazi's.

It always amazes me the amount of people who bash the US. If it wasn't for the US we'd be all speaking German or Russian right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Comical considering the civillian death toll for North Korea amounted to 600,000 ,
    The NK army and Chinese army lost around 1.5 to 2 million troops,

6 million comical really

Gatling wrote: »
    Comical considering the civillian death toll for North Korea amounted to 600,000 ,
    The NK army and Chinese army lost around 1.5 to 2 million troops,

6 million comical really

There own secretary of state said they wiped out a fifth of the population. 3 years of daily aerial bombardment and just over half a million dead in an area just over the size of Ireland. Pull the other one

There own secretary of state said they wiped out a fifth of the population. 3 years of daily aerial bombardment and just over half a million dead in an area the size of Ireland. Pull the other one

So you took one quote and picked up a number and likely used global research.ru or some other whack job Anti US outlet and posted that ,

Well done you

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Yeah darn those Americans, they really made a mess of France saving it from the Nazi's.

It always amazes me the amount of people who bash the US. If it wasn't for the US we'd be all speaking German or Russian right now.

Was your history book missing a few pages? You should read up on Operation Barbarossa.

So you took one quote and picked up a number and likely used global research.ru or some other whack job Anti US outlet and posted that ,

Well done you

Yes that communist rag the Washington Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It's a good thing Trump is President, he is more merciful than I would be. I'd have bombed all North Korea's military capabilities and then sent in my military and completely destroy the country, scorch earth tactics Sherman style.

North Korea haven't physically attacked anyone..yet.

So you would have gone in blown up all the military installations (even though most of North koreas military installations and missiles and underground in unknown locations). That would leave Seoul a city of 10 million an easy target for reprisal. And if you think the Chinese are just going to sit back and do nothing while America attacks an ally on their border you have another thing coming.

Trump's not being merciful he is being a idiot provoking another complete idiot by building up the us military in the area and flying bombers in north Korean airspace.

Yes that communist rag the Washington Post.

Global research.ru

Till we see american dependents been flown home in a hurry and an influx of troops and equipment ,
    It's all talk for now .

Till kim does something stupid and suffers extreme and dire consequences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

America is like the bully that comes up against that one crazy kid,he wants to bully him but doesn't know what the wild card will do...

One crazy kid with a growing stockpile of nukes, which I have no doubt he would use if pushed into a corner.

This is a situation where there are no good options.

I expect the usual crackpot dictator loving anti war brigade to be on the streets protesting against any attempts to reign in North Korea militarily. Funny how they never protest against secular dictatorships though.

If NK acquire significant nukes, its only a matter of time before SK and Japan do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

One crazy kid with a growing stockpile of nukes, which I have no doubt he would use if pushed into a corner.

This is a situation where there are no good options.

I expect the usual crackpot dictator loving anti war brigade to be on the streets protesting against any attempts to reign in North Korea militarily. Funny how they never protest against secular dictatorships though.

If NK acquire significant nukes, its only a matter of time before SK and Japan do the same.

The only rogue nation is America. This country has intervened in other countries business for years and killed millions of innocent civilians. Even this topic. Trump started this mess by threatening to take out North Korea.

The only rogue nation is America. This country has intervened in other countries business for years and killed millions of innocent civilians

Like several other countries cheerful

Like several other countries cheerful

North Korea attacked one country in 70 years, South Korea. It was a civil war. America has lied to us for years. Recent wars against Iraq and Libya only fought to take the oil and help Saudi Arabia.

It seems the North Koreans are going for the element of surprise by announcing to the world that they are going to hit Guam! :rolleyes:
    Imagine the Japanese in 1941 warning the Americans in advance of the attack on Pearl Harbour!
    This bit of "news" still makes me laugh one year on.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/18/whitehall-suspects-kremlin-links-to-russian-euro-2016-hooligans-vladimir-putin

They have threatened Guam for years, nothing will happen. War starts when America strikes first. There is no evidence the North is planning a strike against anyone soon.

North Korea attacked one country in 70 years,

One country regularly but there not the only ones sure their not ,

Selective histological analysis as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Trump started this mess by threatening to take out North Korea.

This is a preexisting mess. Every president in decades has rattled the sabre at North Korea.

Nothing will happen regardless. Trump may not be the best foreign policy mind in the world, but even he knows that america can't afford to have a proxy war with the country holding the vast bulk of it's treasury notes....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

The only rogue nation is America. This country has intervened in other countries business for years and killed millions of innocent civilians. Even this topic. Trump started this mess by threatening to take out North Korea.

Yep, no treats from North Korea to America and elsewhere for years and decades now, no siree. Great country, great regime in NK, beloved of course by all American haters everywhere.

Can you tell me the last time there was a democratic election in North Korea? I suspect to even mention the word "democracy" in NK is enough to get you sent to prison or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Global research.ru
    Globalresearch.ca

Globalresearch.ca

Globalidiots.ru

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

In this case the Bully is bamboozled and frightened by that crazy kid...he can't understand why he doesn't run away crying and begging for peace like all the other little kids he's picked on. :D

Yep, no treats from North Korea to America and elsewhere for years and decades now, no siree. Great country, great regime in NK, beloved of course by all American haters everywhere.

Can you tell me the last time there was a democratic election in North Korea? I suspect to even mention the word "democracy" in NK is enough to get you sent to prison or worse.

I doubt the North Koreans have forgotten, the American army wiped out about 25% of the North Korean population. I doubt the North Koreans have forgotten it was the Americans who stopped the reunification of Korea. I doubt the North Koreans have forgotten it is America who threatens them with economic sanctions (Their standard of living is reduced) What about the constant South Korea and America military drills that last days on end?

Is North Korea a good power, no, but the country is hostile for a reason. Korea would likely be fine if it had reunification in the 50's

Vietnam as we know had it's own war with America..Does Vietnam today act aggressively against it's neighbors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Probably took a look at what gets elected in America and the UK and maybe they even took a look at Ireland.
    And decided they were better off as they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I doubt the North Koreans have forgotten, the American army wiped out about 25% of the North Korean population. I doubt the North Koreans have forgotten it was the Americans who stopped the reunification of Korea. I doubt the North Koreans have forgotten it is America who threatens them with economic sanctions (Their standard of living is reduced) What about the constant South Korea and America military drills that last days on end?

Is North Korea a good power, no, but the country is hostile for a reason. Korea would likely be fine if it had reunification in the 50's

Vietnam as we know had it's own war with America..Does Vietnam today act aggressively against it's neighbors?

presumably by reunification you mean let the north roll over the south? I'm sure that would have worked out splendidly for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

archer22 wrote: »
    Probably took a look at what gets elected in America and the UK and maybe they even took a look at Ireland.

i doubt if the majority would have the first notion about who gets elected in america and the Uk. First you would have to explain the concept of an election to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

archer22 wrote: »

Absolute nonsense. Yeah I'd rather live in North Korea and feed on grass and have no human rights whatsoever, have to praise a lunatic or else I get shot and have no personal liberty at all. Fantastic place, let's turn this place into North Korea. :dizzy:

• Advertisement

presumably by reunification you mean let the north roll over the south? I'm sure that would have worked out splendidly for all.

North Vietnam rolled into the South Vietnam and it worked out fine and the North was communist.. The Korean war was over when the Americans joined in. Seoul had fallen and only a few pockets of troops remained.

Advertisement