Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I doubt the North Koreans have forgotten, the American army wiped out about 25% of the North Korean population. I doubt the North Koreans have forgotten

No again they did not lose 25 or 30 % of their population or anything like it ,
    Loses would only have been 250,000 at that rate

I doubt they will forget getting a sever kicking thought and left them begging the Chinese for crumbs,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

North Vietnam rolled into the South Vietnam and it worked out fine and the North was communist.. The Korean war was over when the Americans joined in. Seoul had fallen and only a few pockets of troops remained.

so by reunification you do mean invasion? thats a pretty warped way of looking at it. I'm not sure the south koreans would agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

so by reunification you do mean invasion? thats a pretty warped way of looking at it. I'm not sure the south koreans would agree with you.

There was no bloodbath when North Vietnam took South Vietnam. It would be the same if the North took over South Korea. North Korea would have had no interest wiping out millions of civilians. Korea would be united today, be open and be friendly to other countries i have no doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

There was no bloodbath when North Vietnam took South Vietnam. It would be the same if the North took over South Korea. North Korea would have had no interest wiping out millions of civilians. Korea would be united today, be open and be friendly to other countries i have no doubt about that.

I'd say there would be loads sent to death camps who resisted the commies?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

They wiped out around 6-7 million of them in the 3 years of saturation bombing in the 50s, which included chemical attacks.

Two interesting claims there. Would you care to back them up?

• Advertisement

tell that to the 1 Million+ south vietnamese sent to re-education camps after the fall of saigon. The nearly 2 million vietnamese boat people who fled the country after the war would also disagreee with your benign assessment of what happened after the war.

tell that to the 1 Million+ south vietnamese sent to re-education camps after the fall of saigon. The nearly 2 million vietnamese boat people who fled the country after the war would also disagreee with your benign assessment of what happened after the war.

False history. The war ended in 1974. Haven't heard a noise from them since then and they have not threatened anyone. Re-education camps are not death camps.

False history. The war ended in 1974. Haven't heard a noise from them since then and they have not threatened anyone. Re-education camps are not death camps.

your attempts at revising history are quite pathetic.

your attempts at revising history are quite pathetic.

Pictures of Saigon today looks free to me?
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=vietnam+saigon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6t874rsrVAhWpAcAKHQZ2AmUQ_AUICigB&biw=1242&bih=602#imgrc=_

i wasnt talking about today. i was talking about the immediate post-war period. you try to paint it as a benign takeover by the north. it was far from that for the people sympathetic to the south.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

archer22 wrote: »
    In this case the Bully is bamboozled and frightened by that crazy kid...he can't understand why he doesn't run away crying and begging for peace like all the other little kids he's picked on. :D

If it wasn't so serious it would be funny,nearly as funny as when the Russians entered Syria and announced we're here to fight ISIS,who's with us....and the Americans sat there po-faced

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've no doubt that the prosperous south Korea we see today would not exist if the U.S. had allowed the north to complete its takeover. No Hyundai Tuscons so popular here, no Samsung Galaxy 8's. etc

While some may blame sanctions for the restrictions in NK economic life, those aren't to blame for the fact that things such a pop music is banned, restrictions on simple things such as haircut choice or any form of personal expression.

I watched a programme on Arirang about a NK musician defector who was sent to a detention centre because someone overheard him play a song he composed for his future wife. Is that the sort of life some people think that Koreans should have?

I've no doubt that the prosperous south Korea we see today would not exist if the U.S. had allowed the north to complete its takeover. No Hyundai Tuscons so popular here, no Samsung Galaxy 8's. etc

While some may blame sanctions for the restrictions in NK economic life, those aren't to blame for the fact that things such a pop music is banned, restrictions on simple things such as haircut choice or any form of personal expression.

I watched a programme on Arirang about a NK musician defector who was sent to a detention centre because someone overheard him play a song he composed for his future wife. Is that the sort of life some people think that Koreans should have?

Only pop music that is American and South Korean and Japanese. Chinese and Russian pop music is allowed. North Korea actually is not that restrictive. Chinese modern clothes are worn by the North Korean people. They have stores that have Chinese goods, computers, tv's, washing machines.

North Korea actually is not that restrictive. Chinese modern clothes are worn by the North Korean people. They have stores that have Chinese goods, computers, tv's, washing machines.

So only Kim hair cuts and Chinese goods ,and re-education and death camps ,

Keep trying

i wasnt talking about today. i was talking about the immediate post-war period. you try to paint it as a benign takeover by the north. it was far from that for the people sympathetic to the south.

South Leadership was not liked by the people, even the army gave up in a day. This regime was only going to last with American help, it was not liked.

South Leadership was not liked by the people, even the army gave up in a day. This regime was only going to last with American help, it was not liked.

you keep ignoring the millions sent to re-education camps (where 100 of thousands died from overwork and lack of food) and the millions forced to flee the country.

South Leadership was not liked by the people, even the army

Was over run with a suprise invasion against a country that had little or no standing army at the time.

Only pop music that is American and South Korean and Japanese. Chinese and Russian pop music is allowed. North Korea actually is not that restrictive. Chinese modern clothes are worn by the North Korean people. They have stores that have Chinese goods, computers, tv's, washing machines.

so why does every tourist get assigned somebody from the intelligence services to make sure they dont stray away from the official tour?

Gatling wrote: »

Keep trying

American propaganda most of it. Where is footage of mass killings? We have to take the word of American journalists and media? I'm sure people do get punished for crimes, but is it as bad as people in the west say?

What aren't you talking about America privatizing prisons? Do you think a guy smoking a joint, got caught deserves a prison sentence?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

American propaganda most of it

lol....Which part is not "propaganda" then?

What is it with the usual suspects and their idolation of tyranny?
    This would have been some place had it existed in WW2

• Advertisement

Was over run with a suprise invasion against a country that had little or no standing army at the time.

It was a puppet regime that had no support.

American propaganda most of it. Where is footage of mass killings? We have to take the word of American journalists and media? I'm sure people do get punished for crimes, but is it as bad as people in the west say?

What aren't you talking about America privatizing prisons? Do you think a guy smoking a joint, got caught deserves a prison sentence?

are the north koreans who have escaped also all lying about how bad it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

Keep trying
    I enjoyed that summation :-). Funny but tragic at the same time. From time to time I do watch NK state television and wonder to myself who is that person sprouting Kim propaganda. When they go home do they really believe what they said. Or are they so frightened they have no choice. I think back to the Nazi youth who reported on everybody. I get the same vibe from folks living in NK. They simply are afraid. Much like Erdogan in Turkey and Maduro in Venezuela. People are scared to speak out, scared who they talk to, scared to live. Its a strange environment. And we complain about water leaks

lol....Which part is not "propaganda" then?

There is prisons in North Korea, but how badly do they threat the prisoners?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

but how badly do they threat the prisoners?

I imagine in your perverted opinion, they are probably treated quite well?

It was a puppet regime that had no support.

And the invading North and their Chinese buddies did

There is prisons in North Korea, but how badly do they threat the prisoners?

we could ask the US guy who was released recently about the conditions. Oh wait, we cant because he died in suspicious circumstances that the north koreans cant explain. and all that for stealing a poster.

are the north koreans who have escaped also all lying about how bad it is?

If it's so bad why are these defectors looking to return? Every story is different. Some people just leave for better economic reasons for a better life, not because the North authorities beat them up or tried to imprison them.

Defectors who want to return home.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-26340583

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/05/world/asia/north-korea-defector-south-korea.html

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

we could ask the US guy who was released recently about the conditions. Oh wait, we cant because he died in suspicious circumstances that the north koreans cant explain. and all that for stealing a poster.

Apparently that poster was of Kim with a particularly bad haricut

• Advertisement

I imagine in your perverted opinion, they are probably treated quite well?

I don't presume to know for sure like you guys. But you guys are experts?

Advertisement