Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Trump said the

Oh Stop ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Gatling wrote: »
    Oh Stop ,

I know Trump turns you on. Most of the world knows he is a madman and would use nukes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

False. Trump said the world will experience a war the likes of which has never been seen before. The world experienced global wars, the only war the world has never seen is a nuclear war. It's obvious he's talking about nuclear weapons, and the very next day he made sure to tweet about nuclear weapons and said hopefully i will not have to use them.

“North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States, They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.” He then expanded the line to “fire, fury and frankly, power the likes of which this world has never seen before”.

Nothing about a war.

I know Trump turns you on.

Odd statement considering only one is repeatedly claiming he said this and he said that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I know Trump turns you on. Most of the world knows he is a madman and would use nukes.

Trumps hard for me to crack.

I'm still not sure whether he is a madman or just someone building that persona. Like I said in a previous comment, one which will make other world leaders act carefully and cautiously around you.
    Anyway it's really just opinions.

The world is a crazy place and none of us can say for certain what will happen or what people would do in hypotheticals.

This is one that, as bad as this sounds I know, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    “North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States, They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.” He then expanded the line to “fire, fury and frankly, power the likes of which this world has never seen before”.

Nothing about a war.

are you saying there will be no war then?

Trump wants to play a game of scrabble with Kim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The key line is the phrase 'they will be met', which alludes to action, only as a response to their action.

Besides they have enough (but not 24/7 overwhelming force) in that area, ideally they'd want to sail in a few more big boats in, and they don't move at any great speed.

All this paves the way for (their partners) Japan to arm itself to the teeth and get it's own better hot rods to point directly back at NK.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Trumps hard for me to crack.

I'm still not sure whether he is a madman or just someone building that persona. Like I said in a previous comment, one which will make other world leaders act carefully and cautiously around you.
    Anyway it's really just opinions.

The world is a crazy place and none of us can say for certain what will happen or what people would do in hypotheticals.

This is one that, as bad as this sounds I know, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Trump is a terrible human being. He is a racist, hates gays and transgender people. He is cheat and liar and a fraud. He has the characteristics and mannerisms of someone who would have no problem starting a nuclear war that would kill millions.

Have you ever seen: By Dawns Early Light? If you haven't watch it. Trump would be the crazy interior minister who took over from the President when they thought he got killed.

No that's what i said. Did you read the posts?

• Advertisement

Trump is a terrible human being. He is a racist, hates gays and transgender people. He is cheat and liar and a fraud. He has the characteristics and mannerisms of someone who would have no problem starting a nuclear war that would kill millions.

Have you ever seen: By Dawns Early Light? If you haven't watch it. Trump would be the crazy interior minister who took over from the President when they thought he got killed.

So basically you don't like Trump and make up things he said to suit your narrative. Carry on.

So basically you don't like Trump and make up things he said to suit your narrative. Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Trump is a terrible human being. He is a racist, hates gays and transgender people. He is cheat and liar and a fraud........

Shall we put you down as a 'maybe' to vote for him again in 2020?

We'll I'm not delving into his entire being on whether he is a good or bad person, as if it's ever that black and white. Plenty has been said about his opinions, comments and quotes.

My point was just it's hard to tell with Trump, for me at least, how much of the mad man image and way he carries himself is an act and how much of it is legitimately him. I think on this particular subject you seem to be letting passions get the best of you. A statement like:
    He has the characteristics and mannerisms of someone who would have no problem starting a nuclear war that would kill millions.

Seems extremely over the top to me. You cant characterise those sort of actions.

Fire, Fury, Power, the world will experience a war the likes of which it has never seen before? Trump is not talking about nuclear weapons? Believe what you want to.

That's what you said. Trump never mentioned war in that short speech, you just inserted it. Stop digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

I think that unless Trump can make money out of a war (like Bush did) he's unlikely to start one.

Fire, Fury, Power, the world will experience a war the likes of which it has never seen before? Trump is not talking about nuclear weapons? Believe what you want to.

That's what you said. Trump never mentioned war in that short speech, you just inserted it. Stop digging.

He's looking to play scrabble with Kim.

We'll I'm not delving into his entire being on whether he is a good or bad person, as if it's ever that black and white. Plenty has been said about his opinions, comments and quotes.

My point was just it's hard to tell with Trump, for me at least, how much of the mad man image and way he carries himself is an act and how much of it is legitimately him. I think on this particular subject you seem to be letting passions get the best of you. A statement like:

Seems extremely over the top to me. You cant characterise those sort of actions.

Not emotional, i just don't have time for Trump. If he starts a nuclear war don't say i did not warn you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

That line was crossed in 2006, when NK tested a nuke.. Trump is unpredictable i will admit. But i don't see a war? The North can wipe out South Korea and Japan today. Potentially the North missiles can strike the United State, also.. Would China doing nothing?

They cant wipe out Japan or SK they could do damage yes but they would suffer serious damage in return. No doubt if things do go south the first targets would be their nuclear facilities for bombers.

The chinese would basically be faced with a choice: Do they defend a country that brought this on themselves and risk serious diplomatic and trade damage in return or do they invade NK themselves both to take control of the situation and remove the ones that have instigated this in the first place. No doubt they would weigh up the options but theyre not stupid they would know that by taking down NK themselves it would work to their advantage more than defending the undefendable.

Infini wrote: »
    They cant wipe out Japan or SK they could do damage yes but they would suffer serious damage in return. No doubt if things do go south the first targets would be their nuclear facilities for bombers.

The chinese would basically be faced with a choice: Do they defend a country that brought this on themselves and risk serious diplomatic and trade damage in return or do they invade NK themselves both to take control of the situation and remove the ones that have instigated this in the first place. No doubt they would weigh up the options but theyre not stupid they would know that by taking down NK themselves it would work to their advantage more than defending the undefendable.

North already has nuclear missiles that can hit Seoul and Tokyo. Those countries will be nuclear wastelands if war starts. Those countries will be uninhabitable and millions of people will die from the blasts, radiation, and sickness afterwards. If the North can hit cities within the United States we could be looking at the collapse of the government there? China is not friendly with the United States, i don't know why people think, they suddenly be looking to help Trump if war start? China might even involve itself to defend the North and it's own territory when the bombs start flying.

• Advertisement

He's looking to play scrabble with Kim.

Once again you are making stuff up. You'll need a JCB instead of a shovel in a minute.

Once again you are making stuff up. You'll need a JCB instead of a shovel in a minute.

What is he talking about if it was not war? What we talking about right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

where is the actual evidence they have missle ready nukes?Like real and hard evidence? Very convenient all this sabre rattling when trump's russia investigation is heating up.

Not emotional, i just don't have time for Trump. If he starts a nuclear war don't say i did not warn you guys.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

At least you can take some joy in the chaos that would ensue.

smurgen wrote: »
    where is the actual evidence they have missle ready nukes?Like real and hard evidence? Very convenient all this sabre rattling when trump's russia investigation is heating up.

North Korea has always been truthful when they've boasted about their missiles. Western intelligence has constantly got it wrong and denied they had the capability. What happens the North Fires two ICBM's towards Japan successfully, the truth is out. Suddenly a 3 to 4 year timeline of them having a working ICBM missile is reduced to just a few months. And by the way North Korea announced they miniaturized nukes to fit inside a missile over a year or more ago.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

At least you can take some joy in the chaos that would ensue.

No joy when millions of people die. A nuclear war could bring in other players and end up as a global war.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

No joy when millions of people die. A nuclear war could bring in other players and end up as a global war.

It would be one-sided war . NK don't have much support

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

North Korea has always been truthful when they've boasted about their missiles. Western intelligence has constantly got it wrong and denied they had the capability. What happens the North Fires two ICBM's towards Japan successfully, the truth is out. Suddenly a 3 to 4 year timeline of them having a working ICBM missile is reduced to just a few months. And by the way North Korea announced they miniaturized nukes to fit inside a missile over a year or more ago.

Meanwhile their citizens die from starvation.

There is currently none ,

What most of the claims been made on this thread come from US media sources ,

There is no solid evidence as yet that NK has nuclear weapons capable of targeting any where

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

There is none!
    This all ramped up from a newspaper article a couple of days ago where someone used the words "...May Have". In one article it even said that the source "..went on to speculate".
    Not saying that KJU is not pushing ahead to accomplish the development of nuclear warheads, but for the moment it all smacks of he said, she said Chinese whispers (pun intended ;) )

Advertisement