Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

archer22 wrote: »
    War between China and America is inevitable.The Chinese know this and America knows this

If you follow Chinese military development it's geared towards only one opponent.
    The amount of effort the Chinese are putting into weapons and means to destroy Aircraft Carriers is astounding...some even believe their own Carrier construction is largely to gain total understanding of Aircraft Carriers inside and out, which will be of vital importance in fine tuning weapons to destroy such machines.

The only nation in the world that depends on Aircraft Carriers is the United States.

The United States for their part has a policy of containment of China by surrounding it with as many military bases as possible.

And that reason alone even if no other is why China will never tolerate American friendly South Korea or any pro American regime in North Korea...and most certainly never American troops on its border!.

I agree it's inevitable. Obama pivot of military forces to Asia was a sign of this future war. Trump likely will confront China, but right now he needs to them for North Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I agree it's inevitable. Obama pivot of military forces to Asia was a sign of this future war. Trump likely will confront China, but right now he needs to them for North Korea.

Yes "Pivot to Asia" is the American code for the containment and military suppression of China.

And the Chinese know full well what it means and what they need to prepare for..and as for now they will follow the teachings of Sun Tzu in his book the "Art of War" when he teaches.

"show weakness, hide strength, a surprised enemy is a beaten enemy".

smurgen wrote: »
    bananas what's going on. the last thing they should do is attack NK. I reckon they should appease fatty for the time being while hatching an assasination plan. I'm sure it will still lead to mass killings but at least it won't get the ordinary NK citizens back up. If they see their fellow country man being killed en mass in the form of collateral damage I fear they'll go for an all or nothing approach.

North Korean missiles have to be transported around on lorries, and then fired. There is no evidence (even though we know they're working on this) they can launch nukes from submarines? There is no evidence either they have hidden silos to launch nukes. If war starts, America does have a short window to take out these mobile launchers before they launch the missiles.

If you kill Kim, one of he's general or officers may take over and who's to say he be a nice guy? These guys in power know the public who hated the Kim family will look to slaughter them if the country got liberated.

Yes "Pivot to Asia" is the American code for the containment and military suppression of China.

And the Chinese know full well what it means and what they need to prepare for..and as for now they will follow the teachings of Sun Tzu in his book the "Art of War" when he teaches.

"show weakness, hide strength, a surprised enemy is a beaten enemy".

There is only only room for one superpower.. America deep state hates China and will do everything it can to stop it's influence. America needs enemies to keep wasting money on military equipment and arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

The best outcome will be for NK generals to have a coup backed by China. China then impose a puppet government and the can gets kicked down the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

Reports on the intermeh after the launch said, "within 200 miles of the coast".
    That video would appear to be closer than 200 miles to me.
    Was it closer than that?

josip wrote: »
    Reports on the intermeh after the launch said, "within 200 miles of the coast".
    That video would appear to be closer than 200 miles to me.
    Was it closer than that?

20 to 40 miles at must. Reentry was near the mountain area. It's too dark to tell if this was even the ICBM but it could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

20 to 40 miles at must. Reentry was near the mountain area. It's too dark to tell if this was even the ICBM but it could be?

But your opinion says it was a successful re-entry but experts who examined multiple video sources said it came down in pieces ,

Gatling wrote: »
    But your opinion says it was a successful re-entry but experts who examined multiple video sources said it came down in pieces ,

Experts you listen to are always full of crap.

Worrying sign. Looks like the White House is turning on each other over North Korea. I even see Trump retweeting a John Bolton Tweet. John Bolton is a warmonger neocon republican. He advocates preemptive strike against North Korea and Iran.

Tillerson by the way is a moderate, he was trying to calm things.

The latest news not good.

"White House aide Sebastian Gorka said Thursday that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was out of line with remarks he made a day earlier assuring Americans that military action against North Korea is not imminent, telling BBC radio that it was “nonsensical” for the nation’s chief diplomat to speak on military issues.

“The idea that Secretary Tillerson is going to discuss military matters is simply nonsensical,” Gorka said in the interview, which was reported by The Washington Post. “It is the job of Secretary Mattis, the secretary of defense, to talk about the military options, and he has done so unequivocally … That is his mandate. Secretary Tillerson is the chief diplomat of the United States, and it is his portfolio to handle those issues.”

• Advertisement

Experts you listen to are always full of crap.

No .

But your opinion is what exactly

Reality!
    North Korea is a secretive country - and, like most secretive countries, it is especially susceptible to cliche-ridden descriptions. Some such cliches are basically well-founded, while others are seriously misleading or outdated.

One of the most commonly cited cliches is that North Korea is a "destitute, starving country". Once upon a time, such a description was all too sadly correct: In the late 1990s, North Korea suffered a major famine that, according to the most recent research, led to between 500,000 and 600,000 deaths. However, starvation has long since ceased to be a fact of life in North Korea.
    In the last year or two, though, such predictions have disappeared. This year, North Korea enjoyed an exceptionally good harvest, which for the first time in more than two decades will be sufficient to feed the country's entire population. Indeed, according to the recent documents of the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations), North Korea's harvest totaled 5.03 million tonnes of grain this year, if converted to the cereal equivalent. To put things in perspective, in the famine years of the late 1990s, the average annual harvest was estimated (by the same FAO) to be below the 3 million tonne level.

So the majority of the population will remember a famine that killed hundreds of thousands and they are relying on an exceptionally good harvest this year so for the first time in decades they can feed themselves?

I think most people think of it as a basket case of a country, teetering on the edge of famine, and while it's great that this year the people will eat, what you say underlines the perception.

So the majority of the population will remember a famine that killed hundreds of thousands and they are relying on an exceptionally good harvest this year so for the first time in decades they can feed themselves?

I think most people think of it as a basket case of a country, teetering on the edge of famine, and while it's great that this year the people will eat, what you say underlines the perception.

As you seem unable to read late 1990 was over 20 years ago. There is no mass starvation of the North Korean people. And of course you believe everything you read on American owned websites. Their economy improved this year.

Trump will be making a statement on North Korea threats shortly.

As you seem unable to read late 1990 was over 20 years ago. There is no mass starvation of the North Korean people. And of course you believe everything you read on American owned websites. Their economy improved this year.

Actually...I just read your post! I will go through it again, with direct quotes, as while I can certainly read, you seem to unable to remember what you wrote.

Most of the population will remember a famine in their lifetime (you said the late 1990s, you have now changed to late 1990)
    In the late 1990s, North Korea suffered a major famine...

that killed hundreds of thousands...
    that, according to the most recent research, led to between 500,000 and 600,000 deaths.

and this year they will feed themselves for the first time in decades...
    This year, North Korea enjoyed an exceptionally good harvest, which for the first time in more than two decades will be sufficient to feed the country's entire population.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

In fact it would probably be doing far less developing and testing if it was not under constant threats and sanctions.
    The one thing the western propaganda media always omits are NKs statements that its weapons development are to deter an American invasion.
    And that's a reasonable position given what has happened in Iraq, Afghanistan,Libya and the ongoing American efforts to destroy Syria.

The only Nations on America's hit list that they remain wary of attacking so far, are the two well armed ones Iran and North Korea.

You know as well as I do, that the USA would be in no position to attack North Korea without the complete co-operation of South Korea, and the-at least-turning of a blind eye by China. Anything else is both nonsensical and impossible.
    seiphil wrote: »
    North Korea will not be a walk over! Their country is basically built for a war.They have the men and the weapons. A war with North Korea will cost millions of lives on both sides.

It won't. Unless North Korea gets its forces deep into South, the war will consist of the USA dropping bombs until the country is in ruins. The North has little ability to project force. Their airforce will be destroyed within the first month. Troops within deep caverns are useless until they are deployed in the open and then they will be vulnerable to air attack.
    seiphil wrote: »
    If it does kick off. Let Japan and South Korea deal with it. China will be far more willing to be helpful if that's the case. The states need to stay away from this at all costs.

Not going to happen. The South depends on American protection, and as they're wary of Japan, they won't want Japan involved. And the Kims hate Japan as bad as they hate the South. Involving Japan is the worst idea imaginable.

Actually...I just read your post! I will go through it again, with direct quotes, as while I can certainly read, you seem to unable to remember what you wrote.

Most of the population will remember a famine in their lifetime (you said the late 1990s, you have now changed to late 1990)

that killed hundreds of thousands...

and this year they will feed themselves for the first time in decades...

We should blame the Irish people for the famine in 1846, this is the line of thinking you going with?.. Economic situation is the fault of the Americans who continue to sanction them for not following their agenda.

We should blame the Irish people for the famine in 1846, this is the line of thinking you going with?.. Economic situation is the fault of the Americans who continue to sanction them for not following their agenda.

Sure if they wanted they could easily move there artillery and stop threatening south Korea with invasion and attacks ,

Wouldn't be a need for sanctions which have suited china who's their main buyer of goods odd that

I never mentioned anything about blaming the people, or indeed blaming the Irish for the famine of the 1840s.

But interesting that you would draw correlations between Korea and an 1840s economy that had not even gone through the industrial revolution of Victorian times. Yet again you reinforce the perception of an almost medieval set up.

Anyway, we'll agree on one thing. Your news that this year, for the first time in decades, North Korea will have enough food to feed itself, is very welcome.

Sure if they wanted they could easily move there artillery and stop threatening south Korea with invasion and attacks ,

Wouldn't be a need for sanctions which have suited china who's their main buyer of goods odd that

America is an invading power a foreign power. How wrong of them to want to have unification of their country? North Korea actually barely threatens South Korea. It threatens the leadership of South Korea and the US military based there.

• Advertisement

America is an invading power a foreign power.

But North Korea invaded not the US
    And what was china and russia

I never mentioned anything about blaming the people, or indeed blaming the Irish for the famine of the 1840s.

But interesting that you would draw correlations between Korea and an 1840s economy that had not even gone through the industrial revolution of Victorian times. Yet again you reinforce the perception of an almost medieval set up.

Anyway, we'll agree on one thing. Your news that this year, for the first time in decades, North Korea will have enough food to feed itself, is very welcome.

Famine is the same everywhere. And England did very little to help us. British empire just like the American empire care very little about foreign human life.

But North Korea invaded not the US
    And what was china and russia

North Korea invaded land that was Korean, it was not a foreign land thousands miles away belonging to someone else.

North Korea invaded land that was Korean, it was not a foreign land thousands miles away belonging to someone else.

But it wasn't there's or China's or russias but again who invaded

But it wasn't there's or China's or russias but again who invaded

Yes it was only a 5 year World War separated the Korean people and the country, to two pieces.

Should France have stopped our civil war in the 1920's. Should the French or English joined the American civil war?

Yes it was only a 5 year World War

I'm not asking about world war 2 ,

I asked a really simple question who invaded sovereign south Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Those who think American aircraft can happy fly over North Korea like they do over Syria, Afghanistan, Libya etc may get quite a surprise.

North Korea has developed its own Anti Aircraft Missile defence network across the country...it's believed to bear similarities to the Russian S300 system.

Any invader who enters North Korea can expect lots of unpleasant surprises.

As they already have shown they are quite an ingenious little nation...and certainly no Libya or Iraq

I'm not asking about world war 2 ,

I asked a really simple question who invaded sovereign south Korea

Korea was united for hundreds and hundreds of years. Korea was invaded during WW2. South Korea regime was unpopular, it only survived because the American army stepped in to protect the leadership who asked for military help. The people were indifferent back then, the north economy was actually better off back then.

Those who think American aircraft can happy fly over North Korea like they do over Syria, Afghanistan, Libya etc may get quite a surprise.

They have been doing it for decades ,

Sorry

• Advertisement

. South Korea regime was unpopular,

Who invaded south Korea it's really a simple question .

I didn't ask anyone about popularity

Advertisement