Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Pelvis wrote: »
    What would be the point? What would happen next?

Kim regime comes to an end. Power vaccum, which is filled by a Military coup. I think I read somewhere that the Chinese apparently have already infiltrated the senior ranks of the North Korean military, so generals sympathetic to the Chinese cause could fill any power vacuum once the Kims are taken down. China takes control of North Korea, keeping it as a less extreme version of its current self. This essentially enables the Chinese to maintain a buffer between them and the US troops stationed in South Korea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Something we never witnessed under Barack "talk show" Obama is standing up to this Fat bas tard Kim. Trump has planted the seed that he would be crazy to even think of launching any more missile tests near Guam. Strong leadership goes a long way.

I said this was a bluff when the threat was made. It only changed when Trump dared him to fire at Guam.

I told you days ago Kim is not going to waste 4 hwasong missiles when 1 can do the job ( did you miss this when i said it?) And why Kim only strike 1 target and notify everyone if he was about to start a war? North Korea has no intention of starting a war.

They will keep testing it's missiles and the United States will keep threatening them and this is when mistakes can happen.

And then..

You have an enviable lack of self-awareness thinking that China would greenlight a nuclear war because Trump is looking at trade.

Greenlight a testing of another missile, i never said greenlight a war.

Oh look, it was just a war of words. Some of us were right. And life goes on as normal...

I told you guys many times North will not start this war, it will be Trump who will start it. I think China vs India war is more likely right now. Trump you just don't know with him, he's red line is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Greenlight a testing of another missile, i never said greenlight a war.

The snag about missiles is "what goes up must come down" and if it lands in the wrong quarter, then there's trouble, esp if one does not know for sure what the missile launch is for. There's also the issue of a possible missile payload.

The area called the sea of Japan seem's to have been used as a splashdown zone before by NK. That was before the warnings issued to Kim by Don about the US defending its allies. Re the US, hitting NK with N-tipped missiles will have a definite physical effect on its ally south of the border so its might not be right to assume Don will light up NK that way.

• Advertisement

aloyisious wrote: »
    The snag about missiles is "what goes up must come down" and if it lands in the wrong quarter, then there's trouble, esp if one does not know for sure what the missile launch is for. There's also the issue of a possible missile payload.

The area called the sea of Japan seem's to have been used as a splashdown zone before by NK. That was before the warnings issued to Kim by Don about the US defending its allies.

Missiles and engine for the missile cost money. He was not going to fire 4 missiles for a test, it be a waste of time and waste of a military assets. When Trump threatened him, maybe he'll fire a missile close to Guam? The North Koreans knew this is pointless though if you not willing to go all the way and are prepared for war.

Koreans direct those missiles to those targets, the missile has a navigation system, it's unlikely they miss the target by much and those missiles are not carrying a miniaturized nuke, the damage will be minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

This makes no sense. You're saying China and USA will destroy each other for prestige and oil? Nobody wins a nuclear war. Do you not get that? Nuclear superpowers do not go to war because its game over if they do. Why would they?

I think archer 22 may have been reading....this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Destined-War-Graham-Allison/dp/191134451X
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    That's the exact reason why it was a tactical master plan. The Americans had absolutely no idea it would happen. Their plan was to completely prevent the US from entering in the Pacific theater and that is what I meant with 'following up'. If they had bothered to launch a third attack, which would have targeted fuel and weapon depots the US would have lost about an extra year to try and rebuild it's navy, this was later confirmed by Nimitz himself.

Tactically it was a cunning and well-conducted operation (albeit the failure to launch the second wave had disastrous consequences for Japan) but strategically misconceived and it counted on assumptions about American behaviour that were ill-founded. I doubt the damaging or even destruction of the carriers would have changed the final result. The Japanese might have bought themselves another year, or even two, but the ultimate outcome was not in doubt, IMO.
    archer22 wrote: »
    Was Hawaii our country ?....are its people white?...or is it a foreign nation in the Pacific taken by force?.

There is nobody that disputes that Hawaii is part of the United States, just as nobody disputes that Siberia is Russian, Okinawa is Japanese, Inner Mongolia is Chinese and Greenland is Danish. They were all taken by force and that's all water under the bridge.
    archer22 wrote: »
    If this was the other way around and lets pretend Kim was the leader of a little white nation that had been devastated and had millions of its citizens killed by an East Asian Superpower would we be regarding him as a threat to the world, a crazy guy who needs to assassinated and so on for now squaring up to that Superpower and saying touch us again and we will focking nuke you.

By Golly. You'd think North Korea was just minding it's own business, shooting the breeze, drinking coffee, working in the fields, playing football etc and one fine day the nasty Americans suddenly decided to start this devastation and the killing of millions out of a clear blue sky out of sheer badness. The scuts!

I told you guys many times North will not start this war, it will be Trump who will start it. I think China vs India war is more likely right now. Trump you just don't know with him, he's red line is?

I mean, yeah they might not make a formal declaration of war but do you really think they're gonna be the innocent victim in all this?

Who's worse? Kim or Donald?

I mean, yeah they might not make a formal declaration of war but do you really think they're gonna be the innocent victim in all this?

Who's worse? Kim or Donald?

Donald of course. Donald has now started he's economic war against China. China will fight back, and up the ante economically and maybe they start building more islands in the China South Seas? Trump has undermined the Iran nuclear deal and looks like it will fall apart at any moment. Suddenly we back to square one and we have another 2003 ( Iraq war crisis) North Korea is the least of other worries. Russia likely has dirt on Trump why his so quiet about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

For a neutral view on things you should check out Derek Ford's twitter. He's a professor who visited North Korea the past few days and put up plenty of photos of what North Korean life is like. No surprises it's a lot different than to what we are told.

I'm on my phone so can't link his twitter feed. But he is @derekrford if you're interested in checking it out.

• Advertisement

seiphil wrote: »
    For a neutral view on things you should check out Derek Ford's twitter. He's a professor who visited North Korea the past few days and put up plenty of photos of what North Korean life is like. No surprises it's a lot different than to what we are told.

I'm on my phone so can't link his twitter feed. But he is @derekrford if you're interested in checking it out.

Of course. North Korea isn't as cruel and evil as the Americans claim. They have got racist riots in America still today, where guys are allowed to walk around with guns threatening people and people get run over by cars belonging to white people who hate minorities. America maybe more free, but it got it's own problems and often worse problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Of course. North Korea isn't as cruel and evil as the Americans claim. They have got racist riots .

So tell us all about the real North Korea then and not an alternative made up version

Gatling wrote: »
    So tell us all about the real North Korea then and not an alternative made up version

I think this is the guy https://twitter.com/derekrford?lang=en Seiphil was talking about. You can start there.

Donald of course.
    North Korea isn't as cruel and evil as the Americans claim.

Well since debate is firmly out of the question, I'll say one thing, Cheerful Spring.. You made my jaw actually drop in disbelief for a good 20 seconds and that rarely happens.

I think this is the guy https://twitter.com/derekrford?lang=en Seiphil was talking about. You can start there.

No he's part of a crowd claiming the south Korean government is a repressive regeime ,

Next

So it seems China isn't the only country supplying Kim's missle development program,
    For a while an investigation has been ongoing about where and when the new rockets came from ,
    It was quickly pointed out the new rockets had alot of similarity with another rocker produced in Ukraine Very close to the from lines with the conflict with russian forces ,
    The company who made the rockets have claimed they solely supplied the Russian government with the rockets for their space program ,
    But some how went from russia to Pyongyang to be used in ICBMs in secret,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

So it seems China isn't the only country supplying Kim's missle development program,
    For a while an investigation has been ongoing about where and when the new rockets came from ,
    It was quickly pointed out the new rockets had alot of similarity with another rocker produced in Ukraine Very close to the from lines with the conflict with russian forces ,
    The company who made the rockets have claimed they solely supplied the Russian government with the rockets for their space program ,

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Probably from the same sources as "Saddam has WMDs".

Not that the US had a problem with Saddam when he was gassing Kurds and Iranians.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Probably from the same sources as "Saddam

But as we all know NK have their missles .

No he's part of a crowd claiming the south Korean government is a repressive regeime ,

Next

Hold on.

The point is that North Korea from what he has shown us is not exactly like what your masters tell us.

So what if he thinks South Korea is a repressive regime. It doesn't negate the fact that North Korea has a somewhat normal society from what he has shown us.

I don't for one minute think its any sort of beacon of hope but it's an alternative view which is refreshing from the usual propaganda we get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

...somewhat normal society from what he has shown us.

Is it true there are only 15 state approved hairstyles available? Haven't seen any long haired dudes, come to think of it no signs of any balding neither - must be the healthy diet. Kim of course is exempt from such silly rulings, as glorious leader.

Hold on.

The point is that North Korea from what he has shown us is not exactly like what your masters tell us.

So staged photo on Twitter proves the world wrong ,

No sorry the world knows how bad NK is and how stupid the leader is ,
    Thousands who have fled have said it in detail ,
    But some chap on twitter says it's were all wrong ,

What did people do before twitter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You leave Twatter alone. The Donald is running the USA on Twatter.

This is the same Donald who thinks Fascists and the KKK are cool people?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

This is the same Donald who thinks Fascists and the KKK are cool people?

He thought that at the weekend then he thought they were bad dudes and now he thinks they're great again. I'd say he's trying to keep in with the cool kids.

He thought that at the weekend then he thought they were bad dudes and now he thinks they're great again. I'd say he's trying to keep in with the cool kids.

He's president of the United States he should know better and i would not be surprised if he was impeached for this? He's not condoning extremist groups. He saying both sides are wrong? Donald are you really this dumb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Interestingly, in 2020 (16/1) Dem Pres. 'Zuckerberg' may well be running it via his own (AI-assisted and news-filtered) facepage feed.

• Advertisement

Yea, absolutely everything is staged. Everybody is actors etc etc.:rolleyes:

Show me proof of thousands fleeing and what they have said in detail.

You have the nutty left and the racist right running amuck all over America with a fool of a president.

Again North Korea is no great state. And I'm sure awful things happen there. Just like America(Mass Shootings, Guantanamo Bay, CIA's dodgy dealings...This list is really endless to be honest)

My issue mainly is not that North Korea is a good place or anything. It's the neck of America, the worlds police having the audacity to once again to stick their nose into issues that are nowhere near them. Sort your own yard out before anybody elses.

Yes NK have threatened America but it's because they are sitting on their ****ing door practicing all their new military toys. And in my opinion have every right to threaten them if they are on your doorstep.

Advertisement