Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Who knows what control N.K had over that missile, could have hit Japan by accident, what then. A war could be started over a rouge missile test gone wrong.

The biggest issue will Kim fire and detonate a nuke to prove he's finally got on and he wants to be taken seriously,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

You really would wonder why Japan did not try and down this missile (if they have the means) - they look very weak tonight, very weak!

Japan dont sit back easy either. Think NK might get away but another one and who knows

Seen a quote from a Japanese source saying when a bully swings a punch and misses do you sit back and wait till they start landing

irishfeen wrote: »
    You really would wonder why Japan did not try and down this missile (if the have the means) - they look very weak tonight, very weak!

Risk to civillians might not have been deemed unacceptable to risk an over land intercept ,

hitting a civilian airliner would have been a possibility with the rocket too

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This movie is about to become a documentary now:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

You really would wonder why Japan did not try and down this missile (if they have the means) - they look very weak tonight, very weak!

Hugely weak, huuugely. Send in the Ninjas or those big Akita Japanese dogs. Well maybe not the dogs (probably a delicacy).

It's the 1st time they've sent something over since 1998.

Imagine hearing this J-alert at 6am:
    "A missile was fired from North Korea. "Please evacuate to a sturdy building or basement."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

There was some reports, before this test, but the source wasn't great it was the Star paper. So i decided not to post it. Kim has ordered a crackdown to prevent rioting and disorder. This could be a sign North Korea is experiencing law and order issues and the government has stability problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Was listening to a journalist on sky saying that the missile was never low enough to shoot down. Probably best they let it hit the sea also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Imagine hearing this J-alert at 6am:
    "A missile was fired from North Korea. "Please evacuate to a sturdy building or basement."

Well you wouldnt need your morning trip to the bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

I hear NK now have dragons but Kim is struggling to learn to fly them.
    Only a matter of time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

There was some reports, before this test, but the source wasn't great it was the Star paper. So i decided not to post it. Kim has ordererd a crackdown to prevent rioting and disorder. This could be a sign North Korea was experiencing some law and order issues and the government has stability issues?
    You would have to think the generals in the NK military know fully well that if Kim takes on the US then they will be wiped off the map - our only hope would be an internal uprising inside NK to oust Kim.

NK ordered a 'purge' recently in the capital. Dissenters and undesirables to be removed from the capital, jobless and criminals told to go take a hike. That fella in Philippines must be giving him policy advice.

There was some reports, before this test, but the source wasn't great it was the Star paper. So i decided not to post it. Kim has ordered a crackdown to prevent rioting and disorder. This could be a sign North Korea is experiencing law and order issues and the government has stability problems?

There going to face serious and dire consequences before long ,

You would have to think the generals in the NK military know fully well that if Kim takes on the US then they will be wiped off the map - our only hope would be an internal uprising inside NK to oust Kim.

True, but the generals are like Kim they live a privileged lifestyle. Firing a missile over Japan is risky, it could be a sign all is not well over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,058 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

j6wqrffk_5i3icn_nwoq2d.png

Fake account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

That tweet is fake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Fake account.

No sh it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    No sh it.

Que, Trumps real account outdoing the fake tweet!

Wonder if Japan should be getting it's finger out instead of just warning it's citizens to 'take refuge' as stuff flies into it's territory.

Kim must be really loosing the plot, perhaps he's run out of Swiss cheese and fine wine.

This is what happens when you strangle the economy of North Korea. More of his people are going to starve and it weakens his leadership. Kim and his generals more likely to lash out.

• Advertisement

This is what happens when you strangle the economy of North Korea. More of his people are going to starve and it weakens his leadership. Kim and his generals more likely to lash out.

Or like a hungry crazed dog, it could run around in circles and bite it's own tail.

A coupe may well be the only fast n' easy solution to this farce.

I'd also be concerned with what he's done to the people caught up in the capital's recent 'purge'. The movie of same name, wasn't much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

they look very weak tonight, very weak!

So weak, they look so weak folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Apparently the NK military on the Chinese side of the border are now considered a law unto themselves because they refuse to crack down on counterfeit goods and banned items crossing the border, which is likely true because they now make a nice earning from that themselves and they know no guard is going to run and tell NK HQ because they have a track record of shooting the messenger of bad news.

Listening to an interview of an NK defector earlier and they said that the government used to punish guards who take bribes but now they allow the guards to keep the bribes aslong as they turn over the smugglers/defectors. If this is true (which i don't doubt) then it's one of the first dominos to fall for the regime as they (the military) are now seeing Kim Jong Un as being weak and flexible, unlike his father.

backspin. wrote: »
    So weak, they look so weak folks.

The media are so dumb they tried to convince everyone Kim missiles could not reach Japan. Here you go guys, another false news story exposed.

Gatling wrote: »
    There going to face serious and dire consequences before long ,

This is not good either way. I think this is first time a missile has flown over Japan?

This is not good either way. I think this is first time a missile has flown over Japan?

1998, except for a satellite(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I was thinking about this recently about the possible outcomes of all of this.

A relatively painless uprising inside N.Korea seems the best case solution.

However I don't see the regime going down with a whimper, even if the opposition is from within. The danger is that it ends up like Syria. If a revolution were to happen it would surely have to be "instigated" from China. Maybe this is what Trump means when he constantly says "China should do more".

Of course we never really consider the aftermath of the Kim regime being ousted. In certain scenarios that could be even more dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

bilston wrote: »
    I was thinking about this recently about the possible outcomes of all of this.

A relatively painless uprising inside N.Korea seems the best case solution.

However I don't see the regime going down with a whimper, even if the opposition is from within. The danger is that it ends up like Syria. If a revolution were to happen it would surely have to be "instigated" from China. Maybe this is what Trump means when he constantly says "China should do more".

Of course we never really consider the aftermath of the Kim regime being ousted. In certain scenarios that could be even more dangerous.

It's the best case scenario really and the best case is still a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement

1998, except for a satellite(s).

It's a bit weird for NK to conduct different missile tests, in just one week.

Advertisement