Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Divelment wrote: »
    I've made the point already that artillery pieces need to be reloaded on a shell per shell basis, when it gets serious, a lot of these guys will run for the hills because they know well what the outcome will be, when the ground is shaking beneath them from nearby incoming heavy aerial bombing. If 30% of the artillery pieces can be taken out in a very heavy first strike and another 30% taken out by other means (chemical weapons, shock and awe, making lads abandon their positions through fright), you've dwindled the problem down to the last third, it's a mopping up exercise then. Yes people will die but they are dying anyway in NK and it's time to deal with this guy I think.

You think chemical weapons should be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Incendiary bombs might be an option depending on the environment the artillery is based especially in dry areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Divelment

You think chemical weapons should be used?

Yes, why shouldn't they be used? If you have to deal with a difficult problem then you need to be creative. Whatever has to be done should be done, it doesn't matter if you die by a bullet or die by a chemical weapon on a battlefield, you are still dead.

This is one of these kind of difficult problems that needs every kind of "out there" tactic deployed to deal with the only wild card that KJY has, which is him attacking Seoul with artillery. It's a once in a century kind of a threat and it will require an overwhelming and unconventional type of initial attack to get a handle on it and to take out the initial threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Kim Fat is a threat to us all. I'd have no problem with every single weapon in America's arsenal being used to eliminate him and his cronies including chemical weapons. The same people who are calling for this continued dialogue that has failed for the last 20 years are the same one's who'll be saying "oh god why didn't we do more" when a nuclear missile is fired on a major city by North Korea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I've made the point already that artillery pieces need to be reloaded on a shell per shell basis, when it gets serious, a lot of these guys will run for the hills because they know well what the outcome will be, when the ground is shaking beneath them from nearby incoming heavy aerial bombing. If 30% of the artillery pieces can be taken out in a very heavy first strike and another 30% taken out by other means (chemical weapons, shock and awe, making lads abandon their positions through fright), you've dwindled the problem down to the last third, it's a mopping up exercise then. Yes people will die but they are dying anyway in NK and it's time to deal with this guy I think.

Trump would love you. Stop it you advocating murder on grand scale.

What should be done is the Chinese and Americans, both go in. Chinese take out Kim and let the Americans take out the missiles sites. A joint operation is needed here. If America attacks alone, China could easily push back and join the war on their side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

What should be done is the Chinese and Americans, both go in. Chinese take out Kim and let the Americans take out the missiles sites. A joint operation is needed here. If America attacks alone, China could easily push back and join the war on their side.

Going in? And while that is happening the glorious leader launches something at Seoul. That is the big worry, what mutton head does first. Everything after that is NK getting pummeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Kim Fat is a threat to us all.

He's not the slightest threat to us.

The people of N Korea though yeah, the country is essentially a prison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Ipso wrote: »
    Going in? And while that is happening the glorious leader launches something at Seoul. That is the big worry, what mutton head does first. Everything after that is NK getting pummeled.

Did you read my post. Chinese would take out the Leadership. The Americans would take out the artillery pieces and mobile launchers. If you got the Chinese willing to join u with a pre-emptive attack, while there is a risk, it's not as a big of a risk. Kim will not be see it coming. If America attacks alone, this can get messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I'd have no problem with every single weapon in America's arsenal being used to eliminate him
    :eek: That would more than eliminate Kim, that would blast the earth beyond the orbit of Pluto!

I'm to the right of Trump, if I was POTUS this guy would have been vapourised a month ago. No need for joint operations, the Chinese are simply not on message with this guy 'cos money talks. Tell him next time he launches a missile that he will be no more, and see how he reacts then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes, why shouldn't they be used? If you have to deal with a difficult problem then you need to be creative. Whatever has to be done should be done, it doesn't matter if you die by a bullet or die by a chemical weapon on a battlefield, you are still dead.

This is one of these kind of difficult problems that needs every kind of "out there" tactic deployed to deal with the only wild card that KJY has, which is him attacking Seoul with artillery. It's a once in a century kind of a threat and it will require an overwhelming and unconventional type of initial attack to get a handle on it and to take out the initial threat.
    Kim Fat is a threat to us all. I'd have no problem with every single weapon in America's arsenal being used to eliminate him and his cronies including chemical weapons. The same people who are calling for this continued dialogue that has failed for the last 20 years are the same one's who'll be saying "oh god why didn't we do more" when a nuclear missile is fired on a major city by North Korea.

Would you both be ok with say Assad using chemical weapons in Syria ? Or maybe Putin using them in Ukraine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Would you both be ok with say Assad using chemical weapons in Syria ? Or maybe Putin using them in Ukraine?

Would have loved to see Assad use chemical weapons on ISIS yes. Putin on Ukraine why would anyone want to see that :confused:

Would you both be in with say Assad using chemical weapons in Syria ? Or maybe Putin using them in Ukraine?

This thread isn't about Assad or Syria, it's about what to do about North Korea. We have an almost unbelievable situation in the world today where we have the United Nations, for the last 3-4 decades that I've been around, issuing condemnations, imposing sanctions, upon rogue states headed up by the likes of Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi, Assad, KJY, and it has achieved absolutely nothing. Military force was required to displace every one of the above and we will see very soon that military force will be required to displace KJY.

Did you read my post. Chinese would take out the Leadership. The Americans would take out the artillery pieces and mobile launchers. If you got the Chinese willing to join u with a pre-emptive attack, while there is a risk, it's not as a big of a risk. Kim will not be see it coming. If America attacks alone, this can get messy.

But do you honestly think china will just go in with america and south Korea and then leave when the job is done ,

And NK artillery will be replaced with Chinese guns under the idea of preventing america invading china ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Saddam, Bin Laden, Gadaffi, Assad, now Kim Jong-un. Bogey men built up by the media as evil incarnate to distract the public from our own inept politicians and their failure to address inequality of unimaginable proportions, corruption, falling living standards etc, etc.
    Let the public watch some expensive explosions and hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis, or North Koreans being killed, it doesn't matter because it will have no impact on our lives.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

They couldn't fire immediately if they were flattened beforehand or simultaneously on an attack to take out KJY. Everything 20KM north of the NK border should be intensively bombed, that will sort the artillery problem out, yeah they'll get a few away but it's a clean up exercise after the initial bombing run. If I was Trump, this would have happened a month ago.

Says the man sitting safely somewhere in Ireland. Unbelievable these keyboard military commanders are.

No only Murica can use them in the name of freedom and democracy.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Saddam, Bin Laden, Gadaffi, Assad, now Kim Jong-un. Bogey men built up by the media as evil incarnate to distract the public from our own inept politicians and their failure to address inequality of unimaginable proportions, corruption, falling living standards etc, etc.
    Let the public watch some expensive explosions and hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis, or North Koreans being killed, it doesn't matter because it will have no impact on our lives.

Total bull****, all dictators that were never elected into power in the sense that we understand democracy, by a free vote, who have clung to power until another country had to go in and take them out. The world has sadly not worked out a way to deal with these people, the UN can't sort these people out, so the US has had to deal with them as the worlds largest superpower. The only mistake we made was letting their migrants into the EU, if they had to stay in their own kips and actually for once in their lives, sort their own shyt out, you might see more proper governance emerging out of these countries. But no, we keep giving them an easy out, which is letting them into the EU where other people 100 years ago fought for their freedom.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Says the man sitting safely somewhere in Ireland. Unbelievable these keyboard military commanders are.

Yeah I'm sitting at home safely in Ireland and I'm not living in North Korea. If I did live in NK though I'd be grateful if someone tried to deal with KJY for once and wasn't hiding behind the UN Security Council throwing out waffle and shyte talk. Appeasement doesn't work, we learnt that in WW2, this threat needs to be dealt with.

If you had your way, a few US and EU capitals would have to be flattened before we could act.

Total bull****, all dictators that were never elected into power in the sense that we understand democracy, by a free vote, who have clung to power until another country had to go in and take them out. The world has sadly not worked out a way to deal with these people, the UN can't sort these people out, so the US has had to deal with them as the worlds largest superpower. The only mistake we made was letting their migrants into the EU, if they had to stay in their own kips and actually for once in their lives, sort their own shyt out, you might see more proper governance emerging out of these countries. But no, we keep giving them an easy out, which is letting them into the EU where other people 100 years ago fought for their freedom.

Assad was elected. Saddam Hussein was put in power by the U.S, he was also given weapons by the west to attack Iran and kill thousands of innocent kurds with chemical weapons which were also given to him by the west. The Shah another dictator installed by the west who actually overthrew the democratically elected leader of Iran. Bin Laden was supported by the CIA in Afghanistan as were the Taliban. Most of these problems are created by the west. When will these idiot politicians ever learn?

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm sitting at home safely in Ireland and I'm not living in North Korea. If I did live in NK though I'd be grateful if someone tried to deal with KJY for once and wasn't hiding behind the UN Security Council throwing out waffle and shyte talk. Appeasement doesn't work, we learnt that in WW2, this threat needs to be dealt with.

If you had your way, a few US and EU capitals would have to be flattened before we could act.

So if you lived on the North Korean border you would want it to be blitzed by the South Koreans and U.S is that what your telling me?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

So if you lived on the North Korean border you would want it to be blitzed by the South Koreans and U.S is that what your telling me?
    Think a lot of people on this thread have wild imaginations

Because its not them or there families that will be incinerated.

War is hell, I'm an ex military man, people die in war, there is no avoiding it. Now many people do you need to see being vapourised by a nuclear bomb before the world has to act against this guy?

I hate saying this but anything south of 250,000 North Korean military and civilians living along that borderline, that might have to be killed to knock the shyt out of that area to take out the artillery threat response that KYJ has against South Korea and Seoul, away from him, it just has to be the price of sorting this thing out for once and for all.

This guy is putting it up to the whole planet. Say he launches an intercontinental nuclear missile or tries to hit Guam with nuclear warhead and it breaks up in the upper atmosphere and explodes and we have nuclear fall out blowing all over the planet? The world doesn't need this **** at the moment, we are still trying to deal with climate change, we don't need a new crisis, this guy has to be dealt with, end of.

Not a lot but one or two posters but that's expected.

War is hell, I'm an ex military man, people die in war, there is no avoiding it. Now many people do you need to see being vapourised by a nuclear bomb before the world has to act against this guy?

I hate saying this but anything south of 250,000 North Korean military and civilians living along that borderline, that might have to be killed to knock the shyt out of that area to take out the artillery threat response that KYJ has against South Korea and Seoul, away from him, it just has to be the price of sorting this thing out for once and for all.

This guy is putting it up to the whole planet. Say he launches an intercontinental nuclear missile or tries to hit Guam with nuclear warhead and it breaks up in the upper atmosphere and explodes and we have nuclear fall out blowing all over the planet? The world doesn't need this **** at the moment, we are still trying to deal with climate change, we don't need a new crisis, this guy has to be dealt with, end of.

You want to kill a quarter of a million people to stop Kim from killing people? Your no better than the mad man you want killed ffs. This is mental logic altogether.

You want to kill a quarter of a million people to stop Kim from killing people? Your no better than the mad man you want killed ffs. This is mental logic altogether.

You aren't getting it, how many million people died in WW1 and WW2? We are now looking at WW3, a nutjob with a nuclear weapon, it couldn't be more serious. You clearly believe in a policy of appeasement, it never worked before and it isn't going to work here, the threat has to be dealt with, the challenge here is to try minimise the loss of life because talking has not worked, sanctions have no worked, only one thing is going to work and it's the same thing that dislodged Saddam Hussien, Gadaffi, Hitler, etc, and it's their own death.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Assad was elected.

He was effectively handed power by his father, and elections were shams. Unless you believe a politician repeatedly gets 95%+ of the vote in a democracy autocracy
    Saddam Hussein was put in power by the U.S

A myth. He put himself in power with the Ba'athist coup in the late sixties. Signed a 15 year treaty with the Soviets which made him unpopular with the yanks, so they armed the Kurds against him. It wasn't until the early 80's that the yanks (Rumsfeld of course) warmed toward him. Was during the Cold War when both sides shacked up with unpleasant leaders.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Iraq
    Bin Laden was supported by the CIA in Afghanistan

Another myth

"He did not receive any direct funding or training from the US during the 1980s. Nor did his followers. The Afghan mujahideen, via Pakistan's ISI intelligence agency, received large amounts of both. Some bled to the Arabs fighting the Soviets but nothing significant."
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/may/03/osama-bin-laden-10-myths-cia-arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

'War is hell, I'm an ex military man, people die in war, there is no avoiding it'.

Strangely there is. You just decide not to go to war. You decide to agree to disagree. You decide that life is more important. So you work together to gain an acceptable answer thats meets peoples needs. War is simple. Its two gob****es who couldnt give a crap about their people and are willing to let their people die on behalf of their stupid, irreversible, self-contained viewpoints. For somebody to suggest that somebodys death in war is unavoidable, well they just miss the point. War is escapable. Now there are issues in life that are inescapable. Drug barons, diamond barons, companies that rape countries of their resources. So here you fight for what is yours. But that is not war. War is stupid, has always been stupid, will always be stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I have a great idea...gather up all the fighting Paddies posting here, make the "ex military man" their group commander and fly them out on a commando mission to take out the NK leadership :D

Could fuel up one of them auld air corp Tiger moths at baldonnell for the trip :cool:

Advertisement