Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Gatling wrote: »
    Ukrainians Defending Ukraine from russian occupation forces ,

Please stop it, you supporting Neo Nazis, on here it's disgusting. They have Nazis Symbols on their helmets. Even their badge/official emblem is Nazi.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Please stop it, you supporting/quote]

Ukrainians Defending Ukraine .

But hey nice try

Meanwhile in NK....
    3084BD7A00000578-3414321-image-a-4_1453639463765.jpg

Please stop it, you supporting/quote]

Ukrainians Defending Ukraine .

But hey nice try

Nice guys!

Meanwhile in NK....
    3084BD7A00000578-3414321-image-a-4_1453639463765.jpg

MRE's for Kim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Controlled and governed as part of the Russian Federation , though internationally recognised as part of Ukraine

Funny thing though 10 years ago russia tried a mass passportisatisation of Crimea offering hundreds of thousands of russian passports to anyone who wanted one , exactly what they did in south ossetia
    But it was rejected by the population of Crimea who favoured Ukrainian passports ,

Odd.

Odd how you're suddenly quoting international law, yet happy to ignore it when you're cheering on America's war criminals carpet bombing some country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

MRE's for Kim.

"And here Supreme Leader is our new flavour- Freeze Dried Yankee"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

http://news.sky.com/story/kim-jong-un-inspects-h-bomb-missile-warhead-11018510

Won't be long now. Trump needs to take care of business here before it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    http://news.sky.com/story/kim-jong-un-inspects-h-bomb-missile-warhead-11018510

Won't be long now. Trump needs to take care of business here before it's too late.

You might consider sorting out your graveyard plot for when it all goes to bits. If so, then at least you are sorted. Don't you worry your head about how its all going to end. You might get a heart attack if you keep this up and end up in an early grave

• Registered Users Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Funny thing though 10 years ago russia tried a mass passportisatisation of Crimea offering hundreds of thousands of russian passports to anyone who wanted one ,
    What exactly are you talking about?
    The newly independent Ukraine in 1991 granted Crimea a sovereignty referendum because they recognised the fact that Crimea is Russian and only became part of Ukraine by default as a result of some daft decision made by Khrushchev in 1954.

• Advertisement

What exactly are you talking about?
    The newly independent Ukraine in 1991 granted Crimea a sovereignty referendum because they recognised the fact that Crimea is Russian and only became part of Ukraine by default as a result of some daft decision made by Khrushchev in 1954.

He thinks the bad commies still exist.

_97648289_041423379.jpg

I have no idea what he is standing next to?
    But, whatever it is, it can't be full of lethal radioactive material, otherwise they would be standing further away from it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Report on BBC TV that they have a hydrogen bomb capable of launch on an ICBM

_97648289_041423379.jpg

I have no idea what he is standing next to?
    But, whatever it is, it can't be full of lethal radioactive material, otherwise they would be standing further away from it!

A nuclear test is expected very soon anyways probably Sep 9th or 10

He thinks the bad commies still exist.

No just tyrants

America should fly a B2 directly over his residence at night and so show how easy they could take him out ,
    only broadcast the footage to the world and call his bluff

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Just conducted their biggest nuclear test ever, a thermonuclear one going from initial reports, this will shake things up big time considering they also released pictures of a miniaturized nuclear warhead not long ago either

• Registered Users Posts: 30,236 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I wonder how certain they can be it not just a natural earthquake... maybe if the location is a known test site. Always small possibility an accidental explosion too. I guess North Korea will report was happened at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭sjb25

I wonder how certain they can be it not just a natural earthquake... maybe if the location is a known test site. Always small possibility an accidental explosion too. I guess North Korea will report was happened at some point

North Korea state TV says the have successfully tested a hydrogen bomb capable of been fitted to an intercontinental missile so say sky news

Kim starting to take the urine now!

The window for any military intervention in NK, if that was even ever gonna be a good option, is rapidly closing. In a year or two, the world will have to bend to Kim's will since we cannot let thermonuclear bombs hit cities with 10m+ people.

Little Boy -15 kilotons
    Fat Man - 20 kilotons
    Kim's test - 1000+ kilotons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The window for any military intervention in NK, if that was even ever gonna be a good option, is rapidly closing. In a year or two, the world will have to bend to Kim's will since we cannot let thermonuclear bombs hit cities with 10m+ people.

one-million-kittens-fwsq43.jpg
    Little Boy -15 kilotons
    Fat Man - 20 kilotons
    Kim's test - 1000+ kilotons

North Korea blast 'five times' Nagasaki bomb

https://goo.gl/tuV6mp
    Experts estimated that blast to have been around 10 kilotons.
    :rolleyes:

The 10 kilotons refers to a test last year. And other news websites are reporting "megaton".. I guess we'll have to wait for something more official.

Don't roll your eyes are me when your source is unnamed experts on Sky News. It's well established that Fat Man was 20kt.

Roll eyes is the only answer for a claim of NK having a bomb that can yield 1000+ kilotons

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

*Awaiting Donald Trump's restrained, reasoned and reassuring tweet*

Roll eyes is the only answer for a claim of NK having a bomb that can yield 1000+ kilotons

:rolleyes: for confusing this test with the one they did last year. You said this one was 10 kilotons.

:rolleyes: for confusing this test with the one they did last year. You said this one was 10 kilotons.

I waiting news sources that say that

Haven't seen a single MSN site saying megatons

I waiting news sources that say that

Haven't seen a single MSN site saying megatons

It seems that the megaton thing was overplayed initially. I can't find it now either.

The 10 kiloton figure is from a test over a year ago. And now it seems this test was like 100 kilotons.

The fact is though that if this was a proper thermonuclear blast, it can be scaled up. It didn't take long for the US and Russia to get crazy yields.

It seems that the megaton thing was overplayed initially. I can't find it now either.

The 10 kiloton figure is from a test over a year ago. And now it seems this test was like 100 kilotons.

The fact is though that if this was a proper thermonuclear blast, it can be scaled up. It didn't take long for the US and Russia to get crazy yields.

I agree

It will bebintwrwstingbto see if the Chinese decide to step in now and do something about this

Not much they can do. NK is nearly in a position to demand and get what it wants and China's coal deals will be small fry.

In a few months, they could say they've gotten one of these bombs in tunnel under Seoul and we really cannot risk doubting it. A 35-mile long tunnel built over decades is plausible enough to be taken seriously, along with the artillery already there. No one can laugh at NK anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

*Awaiting Donald Trump's restrained, reasoned and reassuring tweet*

Yeah , of course that's the most unsettling aspect to all of this...

China's response is far more interesting anyway.

Advertisement