Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gatling wrote: »
    Looks like trump is Threatening to stop all trade with countries supporting NK

so he will stop trade with china?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

so he will stop trade with china?

I believe it's who it's aimed at ,

Can the grown up's please step in and stop this dangerous nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

That's true, he could kill more people than Stalin or Hitler, it's totally crazy.

He already has, it's just that nobody on this side of the world cares because it's not happening to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I believe it's who it's aimed at ,

Can the grown up's please step in and stop this dangerous nonsense

Nobody seriously believes that NK has developed nuclear weapons without China's support. It can be construed that any threat from NK is indirectly coming from China as NK is China's proxy.

I'm no fan of Trump, but this may be a necessary step. The implications of which I'm not sure to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Divelment wrote: »
    But Trump is advised by people like Maddis, who are there to provide military only solutions. There is simply no diplomatic solution to this, it's not even comparable to Cuba where to can start an embargo and then get out a map and draw a radius around an island and you can then stop and search ships and apply and enforce a credible embargo to take some pressure off the situation and try contain events. It couldn't be further from that kind of a scenario...

There not going to war. America has no interest even the media is against it. They only talking about adding more sanctions. Trump can't launch a military strike by himself and not have secured South Korean and Japanese support for it. They only way his getting a war is to carry out a false flag event or NK strikes first.

• Advertisement

They only way his getting a war is to carry out a false flag event or NK strikes first.

Like a missle hitting japan or south Korea launched from NK .

Wouldn't be an false flags

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

That yoke they're standing beside (can't link pic) looks like an industrial potato peeler, the likes of which you'd find in a large nursing home.
    There's also a thin rusted metal (guiding?) frame with shockingly bad welding between the potato peeler and the warhead. It's in the wider angle pic.
    Wtf?

Like a missle hitting japan or south Korea launched from NK .

Wouldn't be an false flags

Kim test missiles are not carrying warheads. If Nk was to strike any country with a nuclear weapon, this is war.

Kim test missiles are not carrying warheads. If Nk was to strike any country with a nuclear weapon, this is war.

No any country hit by Kim's rockets warhead or no warhead it's war ,
    There is no and's , if's or buts about it .

It's war

No any country hit by Kim's rockets warhead or no warhead it's war ,
    There is no and's , if's or buts about it .

It's war

I said it before Trump has the authority to launch a strike, but he would not have the support of allies like South Korea and Japan. Trump is definitely mad enough to launch a attack and go alone.

• Advertisement

Trump said his meeting with military leaders today to talk about North Korea. He tweeted out this though, so looks like they are going after China and other countries that trade with North Korea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Trump said his meeting with military leaders today to talk about North Korea. He tweeted out this though, so looks like they are going after China and other countries that trade with North Korea.

Good move by Trump but we need more.

Trump is definitely mad enough to launch a attack and go alone.

What are you basing that on?

Trump strikes me as a standard typical bully- a coward at heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

humberklog wrote: »
    That yoke they're standing beside (can't link pic) looks like an industrial potato peeler, the likes of which you'd find in a large nursing home.
    There's also a thin rusted metal (guiding?) frame with shockingly bad welding between the potato peeler and the warhead. It's in the wider angle pic.
    Wtf?

If it's the pic I'm thinking of it's that more than anything that has lead "experts" to believe NK have developed a thermonuclear device as it suggest the two stage explosion required.

What are you basing that on?

Trump strikes me as a standard typical bully- a coward at heart.

A coward to fight but not a coward to let other people do the fighting for him.

Did you miss his fire and fury comments? His ready for a nuclear war to solve this. And his constantly attacking allies online.

He just called out South Korea. I quote him
    "South Korea is finding, as I have told them, that their talk of appeasement with North Korea will not work, they only understand one thing!

His ready for war now

A coward to fight but not a coward to let other people do the fighting for him.

Did you miss his fire and fury comments? His ready for a nuclear war to solve this. And his constantly attacking allies online.

He just called out South Korea. I quote him
    "South Korea is finding, as I have told them, that their talk of appeasement with North Korea will not work, they only understand one thing!

His ready for war now

Yikes! I'm on phone, it's screen is cracked so I missed who I was quoting.
    I won't engage with you and tbh thought I had you on ignore but sorry for the mix up.

Yikes! I'm on phone, it's screen is cracked so I missed who I was quoting.
    I won't engage with you and tbh thought I had you on ignore but sorry for the mix up.

Odd i upset you so much since it's the first time i have replied to you :confused: Take care no problem.

It'd be good if everyone could just chill the beans.. They're an established nuclear nation now and will be treated as such so there won't be a war of any kind. No proxy wars like the Cold War either.

Kim has gotten what he has needed to maintain his position in NK indefinitely. Sanctions will be applied and then relaxed and the country will hopefully catch up over the next century, maybe with some good brought to the populace. It's likely they'll reduce the size of their military as well.

This is the new reality. All this talk of war couldn't be more inaccurate since war isn't an option anymore. I think we're all too conditioned from terrorists and movies so we actually believe there's some maniac in North Korea who will just nuke another country.

The guy's not an idiot. He has achieved exactly what his dictatorship needed and will now reap the benefits. Just look at all the other dictators who have fallen. Since I first started learning about NK over a decade ago, this has always been their end game and no one stopped them achieving it because the political and human cost was too high for any singe administration of a country to take on.

Mattis laying down the law now to NK with a massive statement. Kim is going down if he keeps going down this path. NK aren't going to back down i only see this ending one way. I'd say we are weeks away now if that.

• Advertisement

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Mattis laying down the law now to NK with a massive statement. Kim is going down if he keeps going down this path. NK aren't going to back down i only see this ending one way. I'd say we are weeks away now if that.

Nothing new in his statement from the White House. More sanctions that's all.

Nothing new in his statement from the White House. More sanctions that's all.

Wake up. They are going to bomb NK. The drums of war are loud and clear.

What part did he declare war against North Korea? All i heard was we will defend our allies and Guam if attacked. This is the same threats we have heard for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Highly unlikely with that statement. Hes basically saying they will only strike as a response to Kim striking first and thats certainly not going to happen.

What part did he declare war against North Korea? All i heard was we will defend our allies and Guam if attacked. This is the same threats we have heard for months.

"Threats to Guam or any US soil will be meet with a massive military response" That's what Mattis just said, threats. NK are threatening Guam. It couldn't be clearer.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Highly unlikely with that statement. Hes basically saying they will only strike as a response to Kim striking first and thats certainly not going to happen.

Read the statement again.

"Threats to Guam or any US soil will be meet with a massive military response" That's what Mattis just said, threats. NK are threatening Guam. It couldn't be clearer.

This was said months ago by the White House and we still not at war.

If North Korea fires at Guam with a missile, only then the game will change. Right now i don't see a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

The US has been banging its drum for ages but does not do anything because the consequences of military action are too severe.
    They are only going to impose more sanctions (I would have thought there is no more sanctions to apply!), even though there are other actions short of military action out there (naval blockade, shooting down missiles that travel into airspace of neighboring countries etc.)

This was said months ago by the White House and we still not at war.

If North Korea fires at Guam with a missile, only then the game will change. Right now i don't see a war.

I hope you are right but all the signs point to conflict. I'd say Kim knows his days are numbered one way or another. I hope the people of North Korea will see no bloodshed and can free themselves from this evil bastards reign of terror before it comes to that but unless some high level NK generals make a move in the next few weeks and remove Kim from the equation millions will die.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Not really practical but is one tool in the box:
    US could cut 'all trade' with countries doing business with North Korea.

But it's about time US built their own cars, phones etc.

Advertisement